Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

What do y'all think of my money league team? 10 team 1/2 pt. PPR, had the 8th pick

QB: Luck

RB: Fournette, D. Lewis, Penny, K. Johnson, Clement

WR: J. Jones, Hilton, Cooper, M. Williams, J. Brown

TE: Ertz

K: Tucker

DEF: Philly

Not super hyped because i'm usually a RB/RB guy with my first two picks, but I followed my board and got 3 #1 WR's in my mind with a stud workhouse in Fournette so it's not all bad. Thoughts?

On 8/19/2018 at 11:09 AM, twslhs20 said:

Curious to see what you think about my first money league draft I ended up drafting 12. Full PPR 12 team

QB: Cousins

RB: Cook, R Freeman, Lynch, Montgomery, R Kelley, L Murry

WR: OBJ, Fitz, Gordon, Sanders, R Anderson, John Ross

TE: Burton

Very solid WR’s, RB doesn’t have the same top level depth. You can get by with what you have but I would keep an eye out for some buy low candidates. Fitz or Gordon may be good trade ammunition. All of the backs are worth rostering just don’t know if there is any an Potential for a RB1 after Cook

8 hours ago, swoosh said:

8-man, standard scoring league where the top 7 is: Gurley, Bell, Johnson, Elliott, Brown, Karma, and Barkley. You have the 8th and 9th overall picks. Who do you take? 

That's really tough. Any duo of Hunt, Hopkins, Fournette or Gordon will start you off perfectly imo. 

7 hours ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

What do y'all think of my money league team? 10 team 1/2 pt. PPR, had the 8th pick

QB: Luck

RB: Fournette, D. Lewis, Penny, K. Johnson, Clement

WR: J. Jones, Hilton, Cooper, M. Williams, J. Brown

TE: Ertz

K: Tucker

DEF: Philly

Not super hyped because i'm usually a RB/RB guy with my first two picks, but I followed my board and got 3 #1 WR's in my mind with a stud workhouse in Fournette so it's not all bad. Thoughts?

Full Pt PPR makes your #2 RB situation not SO bad but in a 10 team league you'd wish that spot was better. That's a good group of WRs top to bottom. I wouldn't be spending the winnings yet but its got potential. Penny's value seems to be low now but I like Kerryon

10 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Very solid WR’s, RB doesn’t have the same top level depth. You can get by with what you have but I would keep an eye out for some buy low candidates. Fitz or Gordon may be good trade ammunition. All of the backs are worth rostering just don’t know if there is any an Potential for a RB1 after Cook

I feel the exact same way tbh. Someone already bid $9 for Adrian Peterson and sniped him so I'm unsure on R Kelley

14 team Dynasty League question.

I enquired about Kenyan Drake and was told I can have him for a 2019 1st round rookie pick and Martavis Bryant. Thoughts?

I obviously intend for that 1st round pick to be somewhere in the 10-14 range as I think I have one of the best teams in the league.

It’s a 2RB, 3WR, 2Flex league and I currently have:

RB: Saquon Barkley, Royce Freeman, Marlon Mack, Ronald Jones

WR: Julio Jones, Amari Cooper,  Will Fuller, Christian Kirk, Julian Edelman, DeVante Parker and a few other young guys that I think have potential

I’m probably more well stocked at WR and though my RBs have potential, they are all young and may not all pan out. Which is why I’ve been looking for another RB1 that may touch the ball 20 times a game for the next five years.

Should I make the trade? What’s the 2019 class looking like?

Thanks

46 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

14 team Dynasty League question.

I enquired about Kenyan Drake and was told I can have him for a 2019 1st round rookie pick and Martavis Bryant. Thoughts?

I obviously intend for that 1st round pick to be somewhere in the 10-14 range as I think I have one of the best teams in the league.

It’s a 2RB, 3WR, 2Flex league and I currently have:

RB: Saquon Barkley, Royce Freeman, Marlon Mack, Ronald Jones

WR: Julio Jones, Amari Cooper,  Will Fuller, Christian Kirk, Julian Edelman, DeVante Parker and a few other young guys that I think have potential

I’m probably more well stocked at WR and though my RBs have potential, they are all young and may not all pan out. Which is why I’ve been looking for another RB1 that may touch the ball 20 times a game for the next five years.

Should I make the trade? What’s the 2019 class looking like?

Thanks

I have no clue what the 2019 class looks like and neither does anyone else really just because of injuries, stars rise and fade and guys stay. It really depends on how you value your team compared to others. Do you really see your team as a top-4 contender? Bryant doesnt really change anything for me but might be worth countering for just the 1st rounder. I have doubts about Drake being a 20 touch a game guy but if we’re talking pick 10 in 2019 or Kenyan Drake I’d take Drake

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I have no clue what the 2019 class looks like and neither does anyone else really just because of injuries, stars rise and fade and guys stay. It really depends on how you value your team compared to others. Do you really see your team as a top-4 contender? Bryant doesnt really change anything for me but might be worth countering for just the 1st rounder. I have doubts about Drake being a 20 touch a game guy but if we’re talking pick 10 in 2019 or Kenyan Drake I’d take Drake

Thanks. I managed to counter successfully with Drake for the 1st Rounder straight up. I don’t know a ton about the 2019 class at the moment but from what I’ve seen, it doesn’t seem to have massive depth. Drake has at least proved on an nfl field that he has some gamebreaking ability.

I like my roster and think it is comfortably one of the best in the 14 team league. I made the Championship game in the redraft league with the same league members and generally have a nice record so I should be ok there in at least ensuring the pick I’m giving up isn’t close to Top 5.

5 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Thanks. I managed to counter successfully with Drake for the 1st Rounder straight up. I don’t know a ton about the 2019 class at the moment but from what I’ve seen, it doesn’t seem to have massive depth. Drake has at least proved on an nfl field that he has some gamebreaking ability.

I like my roster and think it is comfortably one of the best in the 14 team league. I made the Championship game in the redraft league with the same league members and generally have a nice record so I should be ok there in at least ensuring the pick I’m giving up isn’t close to Top 5.

Completely agree. Unless you have a top 2-3 pick...I’m taking a young established vet every time. 

How would you rank these 4 picks based on who I think will be available. (I have 2, 4, 17 and 19 Overall)

Keeper is Dalvin Cook.

A) Hopkins / Julio / Mixon / McCaffery

B) Kamara / Julio / Hill / Baldwin

C) Kamara / Barkley / Baldwin / Diggs

D) Hopkins / Hunt / Thielen / Mixon

-Or any other suggestions / combos?

I am really feeling like McCaffery is going to be a monster in PPR.  I think he’s going to get more touches in the ground game and equal to if not more looks in the passing game.   Is it crazy to pass up on the likes of Hunt, Cook, Fournette and Freeman for McCaffery? 

3 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

How would you rank these 4 picks based on who I think will be available. (I have 2, 4, 17 and 19 Overall)

Keeper is Dalvin Cook.

A) Hopkins / Julio / Mixon / McCaffery

B) Kamara / Julio / Hill / Baldwin

C) Kamara / Barkley / Baldwin / Diggs

D) Hopkins / Hunt / Thielen / Mixon

-Or any other suggestions / combos?

PPR or standard? Makes a big difference. Shocked you have Hill ahead of McCaffrey at all so with that I'd assume its a standard league

I think I like A the most. You'd have 3 solid RBs and 2 Top-5 WRs

Archived