Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Jimmy G is going to have a fine season, so I wouldn't worry too badly about that. Will he be top 10? I have no idea. That can be a hard nut to crack, especially if the 49ers continue to struggle in the red zone. I wouldn't mind picking up either Cousins or Smith, but I'd probably drop Mahomes and pair them with Jimmy G. Given that Mahomes is essentially a rookie, it's going to be hard to trust him until a certain point in the season to be honest (at least for me it would be). Week 1, the niners are at the Vikings, which is not a game I love for them, so I would see the justification for sitting JG that week and probably would recommend doing so. Both Smith and Cousins are far better week 1 options. So I'd definitely pick up one of those guys for at least the first week of the season. 

That's what I'm thinking too. I just don't trust Mahommes just yet and I don't see him fulling hitting his stride until 5-6 weeks into the season. However there is something in the back of my mind that thinks he could light it up and be this year's Watson.

However with Cousins I have worries with him as well. From everything I read he is going to be in a run heavy offense and since them playing from in front a lot--the opportunities won't be here this year like they were last year with WAS. He might have a solid floor but not a big enough ceiling like in years past.

With Smith I like that he is in Grudens pass happy offense, but Smith worries me that he just isn't enough of a big play QB who throws a ton to put up the points.

I'm just so crazily torn on this lol

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Need QB help....badly.

I took Jimmy Garroppolo and Patrick Mahommes and I'm terrified as doing post draft research, both guys are projected to finish outside of top 10 QBs. 6pts per TD.

Should I be worried? There is still Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins on waivers and I'm thinking about burning my top waiver spot on one of them but I don't know if I really should.

I just don't know how much I trust these guys on a weekly basis.  Somebody tell me what to dooooooo lol

You’re supposed to do PRE draft research, not POST.  I would start by switching that strategy up moving forward. ?

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Need QB help....badly.

I took Jimmy Garroppolo and Patrick Mahommes and I'm terrified as doing post draft research, both guys are projected to finish outside of top 10 QBs. 6pts per TD.

Should I be worried? There is still Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins on waivers and I'm thinking about burning my top waiver spot on one of them but I don't know if I really should.

I just don't know how much I trust these guys on a weekly basis.  Somebody tell me what to dooooooo lol

I wouldn't worry about Jimmy-G at all and Mahommes has plenty of targets to be successful but he might have some growing pains early. I have Cousins and Smith actually ahead of him

4 hours ago, Scalamania said:

PPR - who do you pick as your last RB?

Bilal Powell, AP, Jordan Wilkins, Aaron Jones, or Sony Michel?

Definitely not Powell or Wilkins. I'd probably roll the dice on AP. His ceiling is comparable but the touches will absolutely be there. GB has a lot of weapons and NE RBs are tough to trust

Help me out with a comment and vote?

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/12027-12-team-league-who-is-best-vote/

.5 PPR, 10 man league. 1 player keeper (optional)

Keepers : gurley, Bell, AB, Gordon, DJ

Next 5 picks 

1: Zeke

2: Barkley

3: kamara 

4: ????

5: Me

6: Me

I would like to go RB and WR, like fournette and Hopkins but I really hate the RB depth and don’t want to start a drake/r freeman as my RB2

im leaning towards whatever 2 are still there between fournette/cook/Hunt then try for 2 of Hilton/theilen/cooper/fitz In the next two..  thoughts????

5 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

.5 PPR, 10 man league. 1 player keeper (optional)

Keepers : gurley, Bell, AB, Gordon, DJ

Next 5 picks 

1: Zeke

2: Barkley

3: kamara 

4: ????

5: Me

6: Me

I would like to go RB and WR, like fournette and Hopkins but I really hate the RB depth and don’t want to start a drake/r freeman as my RB2

im leaning towards whatever 2 are still there between fournette/cook/Hunt then try for 2 of Hilton/theilen/cooper/fitz In the next two..  thoughts????

Who are YOUR keepers. Fournette/Hopkins would be a great haul. Kareem Hunt is another option too to at least fill in the ???? at 4 and give you a good idea of your 2 options. If you somehow got Hunt/Fournette then do it but I have a hard time believer the #4 drafter is passing on 1 of those 2 RBs

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Who are YOUR keepers. Fournette/Hopkins would be a great haul. Kareem Hunt is another option too to at least fill in the ???? at 4 and give you a good idea of your 2 options. If you somehow got Hunt/Fournette then do it but I have a hard time believer the #4 drafter is passing on 1 of those 2 RBs

I didn’t keep anyone this year. I had McCoy but figured with his age and off the field stuff it wasn’t worth it using my 1st round pick for him. 

Im hoping the guy above me goes cook but I’m expecing a hunt/fournette. 

Would you rather have 

Hunt Hopkins Drake Hilton 

or

hunt (cook/fournette) Hilton fitzgerald 

I'm in a PPR league that gives points for return yards, 1 point for every 10 yards.  Tyler Lockett was the #6 WR last year so he's an obvious target.  Tarik Cohen I think will be a guy I look at too.  Anyone else that has the potential to both return and contribute on offense?

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

I didn’t keep anyone this year. I had McCoy but figured with his age and off the field stuff it wasn’t worth it using my 1st round pick for him. 

Im hoping the guy above me goes cook but I’m expecing a hunt/fournette. 

Would you rather have 

Hunt Hopkins Drake Hilton 

or

hunt (cook/fournette) Hilton fitzgerald 

I assume you mean Hunt and 1 of the other RBs?

Basically you’re asking Fournette/Cook plus Fitz vs Hopkins and Drake

Id prefer LF/Fitz. I love Hopkins but I’m not sold on Drake plus Fitz is a PPR beast. I think he finishes closer to Hopkins than Drake does to LF

2 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Just took Kamara at 6 last night in 0.5 PPR. Was having a really tough time deciding between him and Barkley. 

That's exactly where I'm at, I can't decide between the two in a full PPR.  Since it's a 2QB league I'm praying someone takes Rodgers in the top 5 but I don't think it's likely. 

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

That's exactly where I'm at, I can't decide between the two in a full PPR.  Since it's a 2QB league I'm praying someone takes Rodgers in the top 5 but I don't think it's likely. 

Yeah, it’s a tough decision. I just decided I’d rather go with the proven commodity, and the RB with the better OL and QB. 

Archived