Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

So am I overthinking things here?

I was going to drop Keelan Cole and pick up the Titans defense. And have 3 Defenses just for this week. (Redskins, Steelers, Titans) play the Redskins this week and then drop them and put a $5 claim in on Cole (assuming no one is a must add after week 2). And role with the Steelers/Titans for the season. Feel like they are at least above average, with the potential to be elite, especially the Titans. 

Cole would likely never start for me, I have Antonio, Julio, Ty, Emmanuel and Woods in front of him. 

A few questions.

1) I added Marquis Goodwin. I drafted Edelman, confident I could hold down one FLEX for 4 weeks. Is Goodwin a good play assuming he’s healthy?

2) Also picked up TJ Yeldon. If LF is out is he a lock to play?

3) My tight ends suck. I have Antonio Gates. I picked up Vance McDonald. Who do I play?

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I was going to drop Keelan Cole and pick up the Titans defense. And have 3 Defenses just for this week. (Redskins, Steelers, Titans) play the Redskins this week and then drop them and put a $5 claim in on Cole (assuming no one is a must add after week 2). And role with the Steelers/Titans for the season. Feel like they are at least above average, with the potential to be elite, especially the Titans. 

Cole would likely never start for me, I have Antonio, Julio, Ty, Emmanuel and Woods in front of him. 

Why don't you cut the other two defenses. There's no need to waste roster spots on defenses. There's always good matchups every single week. 

14 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Why don't you cut the other two defenses. There's no need to waste roster spots on defenses. There's always good matchups every single week. 

Because, while I don't know if I trust the Steelers defense in week 2 vs the Chiefs, they have pretty favorable match ups weeks 3 (@Tampa) and week 4 (vs Baltimore) and are certainly to get claimed off the waiver wire IMO, after this week. And I don't feel like getting in a bidding war.  I like the Redskins as a 1-week play this week because I like how they match up vs the Colts. They will be dropped as soon as week 2 is over. And the Titans have some favorable match ups weeks 5 (@Buffalo) and week 6 (vs Baltimore) and have IMO some great matchups during your division games in weeks 12-14...@Houston, vs Jets, vs Jaguars. I think the Titans defense has the potential to be an elite group. 

6 hours ago, BillSabre said:

I HAVE to have two TE.  My question is, is Thielen upgrade from Robinson worth the downgrade at TE position? 

Yes, Thielen is an upgrade on Robinson. 

If I don't care about rostering two tight ends then I don't much care about downgrading my bench TE / TE depth just because I'm required to carry 2. 

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

If you don't think Cole's ever going to start for you and you don't believe in him, then it's fine to cut him (IMO he's a good high-ceiling guy to stash though), but I've gotta believe there's someone out there on the waiver wire worth picking up as a speculative add rather than just carrying 3 defenses. 

18 hours ago, Forge said:

I still prefer Cooper over those three guys. I know last year and week one was a struggle, and not going to expect much better this week, but I Think there are better times ahead for Cooper, especially on a cheap bid. 

Woods is going to be hit and miss week in and week out I think. Between he, Gurley, Cooks and Kupp, that's a lot of mouths to feed, so I think that there are going to be some lean weeks. Jones I'm sort of meh on. When Galloday played last year, his targets were cut in half. I think that is pretty substantial. If Galloday was hurt right now, I'd be in on him, but with Galloday healthy, meh....

Thanks - ended up getting Cooper on a 12 dollar bid - outbidding the next highest bid by 1 dollar. Feeling pretty good about that now as a high-ceiling bench player for now - though with Adams and Goodwin carrying injuries I'm now worried I'll have to start Cooper right away against Denver... O.o

16 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

If you don't think Cole's ever going to start for you and you don't believe in him, then it's fine to cut him (IMO he's a good high-ceiling guy to stash though), but I've gotta believe there's someone out there on the waiver wire worth picking up as a speculative add rather than just carrying 3 defenses. 

I love Cole, but I really don't think he ever cracks my lineup. And I wouldn't be carrying 3 defenses beyond this Sunday. The Titans just recently got dropped and are eligible to be picked up on 9/14. I'd probably put in a $3-$5 dollar bid on the Titans defense tonight and drop Keelan Cole. I really don't know if I want to take the chance on the Titans passing through waivers tonight and being available for the Wednesday waiver claims. I mean if they were available for the Wednesday Claims then obviously I would just drop the Redskins Defense and add the Titans. 

When Tuesday night comes, I'd drop the Redskins defense for Keelan Cole. So Cole would be off my team for a total of 5 days. Assuming no starting RB goes down with an injury and the backup RB is a must add. And assuming $5 gets Cole back on my team. 

4 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

1) I added Marquis Goodwin. I drafted Edelman, confident I could hold down one FLEX for 4 weeks. Is Goodwin a good play assuming he’s healthy?

2) Also picked up TJ Yeldon. If LF is out is he a lock to play?

Provided Goodwin is good to go, he's a fine play as a flex. He's still Jimmy's favorite wide receiver target. Like him a little more in standard leagues as opposed to ppr, but he can also pretty much break a deep one at any time. 

If LF is out, I think Yeldon is a lock to play. Jax loves to run the football, and he's very solid out of the backfield so he'll catch a few checkdowns from Bortles. 

40 minutes ago, Keep Pounding said:

Who wins in this trade? 

Jordan Howard

For

Emanuel sanders and lamar miller

I like the Sanders / Miller side just a little bit more I think (Miller I feel is undervalued in fantasy, and I expect a season slightly closer to 2016 rather than 2017 given Foreman's injury, an offensive line that can't be worse, and a full season of Watson), but this depends a whole lot on roster construction. If Miller gives you something closer to 2016, the difference between he and howard is fairly nominal. Howard will probably give you a couple of more touchdowns and should give you 100 - 200 more yards (never know with coaches from the Reid tree and Cohen usurping carries), and I expect him to be a little more active in the receiving game this year, but I don't think it's going to be a huge difference. Honestly, I think the difference may be as little as 50 points over the course of a season (200 more rushing yards, 3 more tds would only be 38 points). I'm bullish on Sanders, and looking at it from that perspective, the difference between the two certainly isn't Sanders. 

But like I said, this depends on greatly on context and roster construction. This trade could easily be a win win for both teams. If the team getting Miller and Sanders thinks the difference between Howard and Miller could be as little as 50 points, and he's weak at wr or his flex spot and believes that Sanders in the lineup will outscore whoever he has there by more than 50 points, it's a win for him. If the team getting howard has 4 really good receivers or flex options (not impossible given where Sanders was going in the draft) and Sanders was never going to play or it was going to be a situation where he was making a decision every week between those 4, then it makes sense to upgrade another starting position spot and that 50 points over the course of the year could be huge. Thus, win / win. 

I'm thinking of trading Devonta Freeman and Courtland Sutton for Alex Collins and either Jared Cook or Evan Engram.  I really need a TE with Olsen out and I already have Tevin Coleman and Matt Ryan, so I feel like I have too many Falcons on my roster.  It's pretty normal yahoo scoring with 1/2 point ppr. Is this a good trade?  

Here's my roster right now:

QB- Ryan

RB- McCaffrey

WR- Michael Thomas

WR- Chris Hogan

TE- Jonnu Smith

Flex- Tevin Coleman

Flex- Matt Breida

bench

RB Devonta Freeman

WR Corey Davis

WR Anthony Miller

WR Phillip Dorsett

WR Courtland Sutton

QB Eli Manning

IR Greg Olsen

12 hours ago, RAVINGMADD said:

I'm thinking of trading Devonta Freeman and Courtland Sutton for Alex Collins and either Jared Cook or Evan Engram.  I really need a TE with Olsen out and I already have Tevin Coleman and Matt Ryan, so I feel like I have too many Falcons on my roster.  It's pretty normal yahoo scoring with 1/2 point ppr. Is this a good trade?  

Here's my roster right now:

QB- Ryan

RB- McCaffrey

WR- Michael Thomas

WR- Chris Hogan

TE- Jonnu Smith

Flex- Tevin Coleman

Flex- Matt Breida

bench

RB Devonta Freeman

WR Corey Davis

WR Anthony Miller

WR Phillip Dorsett

WR Courtland Sutton

QB Eli Manning

IR Greg Olsen

I don't really love trading for TE's, but the trade looks decent enough for me. Who's on the waiver wire?

Archived