Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

9 hours ago, The LBC said:

Straight up MURDERED this draft!

Went in hard and aggressive and I still have room to improve (since the guy with Dak as his cheap keeper still went out and paid good money for Rodgers and Brees and has laughable depth-if-even-starters at RB, while I've got 4-5 viable starting RB's).

QB: Matthew Stafford

RB: David Johnson (keeper - $10)

RB: Zeke Elliott (I made hard, fast incremental raises and got him at just over half of ESPN's adjusted AAV even with them factoring in the suspension)

WR: Michael Thomas (keeper - $2)

WR: Golden Tate

TE: Coby Fleener (last pick - $1... I'll figure to stream TE's or see if I can get value kicked back to me on a trade)

FLEX: Isaiah Crowell

DEF: Carolina

K: Chris Boswell (I wouldn't have drafted a kicker at all, but it forced me to and wouldn't let me use the extra money on another skill position player to later decide who to drop for a kicker)

BN: Larry Fitzgerald, Martavis Bryant, Paul Perkins, Jeremy Hill

Mind you, this is a 14-team 0.5 pt PPR league.  It's going to take a massive injury hit for this team to not be a playoff team.

I don't mind it, but I don't like it either.  Stafford and Fleener are barely startable, even for a 14-team league.  I would have gone studs and scrubs and combined Thomas/DJ with Evans, Freeman, Shady, Nelson, Murray, or Ajayi.  I like the Zeke play fine, but I'm not high on Crowell, Perkins, or Hill.  Crowell can fill in as your RB2 while Elliott is out, but neither Perkins nor Hill looks like he has any upside.  I would have rather spent the pick on a $1 guy like DeAndre Washington, Rex Burkhead, or Chris Thompson.  I like the receiver depth.  Fitzgerald and Bryant make for a nice floor and ceiling combo.

32 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Thanks to everyone who responded. I think I am going to pick McCoy at 5 and double up on WR's the next 2 selections. WR's are loaded. Plus McCoy is a bet for 50 receptions as well.

I wouldnt pigeon-hole yourself by saying you'll go WR-WR. Just draft value

2 hours ago, keysersoze3421 said:

I don't mind it, but I don't like it either.  Stafford and Fleener are barely startable, even for a 14-team league.  I would have gone studs and scrubs and combined Thomas/DJ with Evans, Freeman, Shady, Nelson, Murray, or Ajayi.  I like the Zeke play fine, but I'm not high on Crowell, Perkins, or Hill.  Crowell can fill in as your RB2 while Elliott is out, but neither Perkins nor Hill looks like he has any upside.  I would have rather spent the pick on a $1 guy like DeAndre Washington, Rex Burkhead, or Chris Thompson.  I like the receiver depth.  Fitzgerald and Bryant make for a nice floor and ceiling combo.

How is Stafford barely playable in a 14 team league?  He was top 5-7 in most formats last year and has an improved O line, RB's, WR's and TE's and on top of that, before his hand injury last year he was a top 5 fantasy QB.  He will get numbers and is an easy start even in 10 man leagues IMO.

I agree with everything else you said about that team, but just wondering the thought process here.

21 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

How is Stafford barely playable in a 14 team league?  He was top 5-7 in most formats last year and has an improved O line, RB's, WR's and TE's and on top of that, before his hand injury last year he was a top 5 fantasy QB.  He will get numbers and is an easy start even in 10 man leagues IMO.

I agree with everything else you said about that team, but just wondering the thought process here.

Stafford lost his starting LT to injury already. Idk if any of his position groups have truly improved outside of the health of Abudullah. Golladay > Boldin??

From what I understand Jim Bob Cooter got conservative and went ball control last season in the second half. Many prognosticators believe that will be the new norm in DET. Hence a not-so-optimistic outlook. I have him around 12-14 overall.

7 minutes ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

Stafford lost his starting LT to injury already. Idk if any of his position groups have truly improved outside of the health of Abudullah. Golladay > Boldin??

From what I understand Jim Bob Cooter got conservative and went ball control last season in the second half. Many prognosticators believe that will be the new norm in DET. Hence a not-so-optimistic outlook. I have him around 12-14 overall.

Decker is hurt now but we aren't sure how long.  And Robinson has been solid in the preseason.  However the right side of the line improved and yes TE and WR improved over last year, especially in the red zone which was Staffords biggest weakness.  The health of both Abdullah and Riddick will greatly help Stafford as well since3 both catch a ton of balls and have the ability to break it for a TD. 

The conservative offense was related to the fact that Stafford couldn't feel his middle finger the last 5 games of the year, all RBs were hurt and Ebron was hurt.  They had to dumb down the offense but it will not be the norm unless all of the injuries happen at the same time again.

And still, with all of that happening, Stafford finished top 7 last year and top 10 the year before.  He has had 1 year outside of the top 10 in his career (other than his first couple injured years) and he was #15 that year.  I get him not being in the top tiers, but to barely be playable in a 14 team league is crazy IMO when he has consistently been a top 10 guy.

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Decker is hurt now but we aren't sure how long.  And Robinson has been solid in the preseason.  However the right side of the line improved and yes TE and WR improved over last year, especially in the red zone which was Staffords biggest weakness.  The health of both Abdullah and Riddick will greatly help Stafford as well since3 both catch a ton of balls and have the ability to break it for a TD. 

The conservative offense was related to the fact that Stafford couldn't feel his middle finger the last 5 games of the year, all RBs were hurt and Ebron was hurt.  They had to dumb down the offense but it will not be the norm unless all of the injuries happen at the same time again.

Interesting.. Not really disagreeing I was just relaying the general consensus. IMO QB is pretty jammed up from about #4-#5 all the way to around #20 in fantasy rankings.

I have the 7 pick in a half point ppr and I'm finally starting to lean towards McCoy because I have a strong feeling that the top 6 goes DJ, Bell, Brown, Julio, Evans, Gordon. Or should I go obj in that scenario? It's pretty much down to those two and I'm now leaning Shady to be honest, is it crazy to pass on Beckham though? 

4 hours ago, keysersoze3421 said:

Crowell's a complete floor play.  Hue Jackson offenses consistently churn out Top 20 rushers (which is all I really need him to be - he's not fancy or sexy, but he's consistent) and if Kizer is starting as a rookie, I expect a fair amount of conservative game scripts which should translate to heavy touches for Crowell.  Perkins is purely an opportunity flier (he's basically Rob Kelley from last season).  And Hill was a $1 pickup, largely to deny others who were shallow on their RB depth a "listed" starter   More than likely, I'm going to end up dropping him for Tarik Cohen (again, anticipated game script pickup as I expect the Bears to play from behidn a lot and Jordan Howard's catch-rate last year was pitiful) before Week 1.

Dynasty Question

Big Fat hole TY ZEKE!>:(

I acquired 1.1 & 1.4 via trade

Not a CMC fan no offense just not my kind of back

Since the beginning of the offseason I had planned on taking Fournette 1.1 and then maybe C Davis if he fell to 1.4. With Zeke's suspension and threat of a ban.

Then Fournette's foot being an issue am I crazy for wanting to go Cook 1.1 then grab Fournette/Mixon at 1.4

Position Depth

1. Zeke

2. Coleman

3. J. Stewart (I traded for him just for emergency insurance)

58 minutes ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

I have the 7 pick in a half point ppr and I'm finally starting to lean towards McCoy because I have a strong feeling that the top 6 goes DJ, Bell, Brown, Julio, Evans, Gordon. Or should I go obj in that scenario? It's pretty much down to those two and I'm now leaning Shady to be honest, is it crazy to pass on Beckham though? 

McCoy has established himself as more than a generational rb. He's going to continue to defy rb age trends this year that apply to most average rbs. He's the teams main by a good margin and will get even more touches with gillislee gone. Objs ankle injury probably won't be as severe as initially thought but true rb1s with no touch competition are rare this year so idk if I would even pick a healthy obj over shady. 

Archived