Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

56 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

0.5 PPR... QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, RB/WR, WR/TE, K, DEF

I have kept Crowell (round 11), Benjamin (round 17), Montgomery (round 18), H. Henry (round 19). I can keep four players (one must be a rookie) with the cost of the round that player was drafted the prior year, may keep a player for 3 years).

I have pick #3 and #12.

I'll list twenty or so players not kept. I'd greatly appreciate it if you can give me a guy to target at #3 and #12.

McCoy
Beckham
Green
Evans
B. Cooks
Fournette
Elliott
D. Bryant
McCaffrey
Cooper
Hyde
D. Cook
Gronkowski
Hunt
Lynch
Miller
Jeffrey
Allen
Hopkins
Brees

Top 3 in order for me would be Green, Beckham, Evans.

Top 12 would be the top 3 followed by McCoy, Cooks, Dez, Gronk, Cook, Miller, Elliott, Cooper, Hunt, Allen.

12 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Need some help on my 12 team auction draft I have later tonight. Its a PPR league and standard scoring after that, we will start QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,Flex,TE,Def,K.

This will be a keeper league and tonight will be our first draft so we will be bidding from the entire field of players. 

I usually like to wait and let guys "overpay" for the first 10-20 guys and then build a team with excellent depth, I'm always worried about paying 40% or more of your stack just for one player and then they get hurt. Do you believe in spending a good amount of money on 2-3 guys or going with my approach of building a team with great depth instead?

Also since its a keeper league I am toying with the idea of drafting Ezekiel Elliot (he usually goes for $30-$40 in most ESPN auction drafts) we will be using the $200 total pot on ESPN. He will obviously be missing some time this season but that would most likely be my keeper going into year 2 of our league, that would free me up to build a team with more depth rather than spending $65-$85 on guys like DJ, Bell, Brown, ect.

Thanks! 

Few auction tips:

1. Nominate QBs and high-priced guys you don't want.  I always start with Rodgers and Brady.

2. STARS AND SCRUBS.  I allot $1 for QB, TE, K, and D.  Map out your ideal roster based on average cost.  In PPR, I try to grab two stud receivers and a top RB towards the bottom of my 2nd or 3rd tier.  For me that would look like two of Green, Evans, Nelson, Thomas, Bryant, Cooks, and Baldwin.  Then one of Murray, Howard, Freeman, or Ajayi.  I like to go for a rookie RB like Cook or McCaffrey as my RB2 since they're often undervalued.  Then I build up my bench with cheaper mid-round guys.  In PPR, think about Bilal Powell, Duke Johnson, Pierre Garcon, James White, Kevin White, Corey Davis, Jeremy Maclin and other undervalued guys.  Here's an auction draft I did recently and what I paid for each player (note that this diverges from my recommendation of getting a top RB...I went for three top receivers instead):

QB: Derek Carr ($2)

RB: Ty Montgomery ($7), Joe Mixon ($3), CJ Anderson ($4), Kareem Hunt ($10), Bilal Powell ($2)

WR: Jordy Nelson ($53), Michael Thomas ($53), Dez Bryant ($46), Emmanuel Sanders ($4), Golden Tate ($4)

TE: Jordan Reed ($6), Zach Ertz ($3)

K/D - $2 each (had leftover money)

I went big 3 WR early then watched people waste their money on mid-tier QBs and TEs.

Hey Kes, I'm playing in the FFPC this year. It's a Full PPR, 12 Team, 20 Man Roster, and 1.5 Point Per TE Reception League. Also has Two starting Flex spots. 

QB Ben Roethlisberger (9)

RB David Johnson (1)

RB Mark Ingram (5)

WR Amari Cooper (2)

WR Brandin Cooks (3)

Flex Terrelle Pryor (4)

Flex Corey Coleman (7)

TE Delanie Walker (6)

K Sebastian Janikowski (20)

DEF Philadelphia (16)

Bench:

QB Carson Wentz (14)

RB LeGarrette Blount (12)

RB Jeremy Hill (13)

RB DeAndre Washington (15)

RB Donnel Pumphrey (18)

RB Kerwynn Williams (19)

WR Ted Ginn Jr. (10)

WR Robert Woods (11)

WR Taylor Gabriel (17)

TE Austin Hooper (8)

As much criticism as you wanna give! Anything positive that you like I'll take as well :P

Had another draft last night same as usual. 10 man PPR picked 4th

QB Luck (11) Rivers(12)

RB Crowell (4) Mixon(5) Woodhead(6) Powell(7) Rawls(13) Jamaal Williams(17)

WR Julio(1) Dez(2) TY(3) Tyrell Williams(9) Decker(10) Thielen(14) Golladay(18)

TE Ertz(8)

K Vinatieri

D/ST MN

lemme know whT you think 

34 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Had another draft last night same as usual. 10 man PPR picked 4th

QB Luck (11) Rivers(12)

RB Crowell (4) Mixon(5) Woodhead(6) Powell(7) Rawls(13) Jamaal Williams(17)

WR Julio(1) Dez(2) TY(3) Tyrell Williams(9) Decker(10) Thielen(14) Golladay(18)

TE Ertz(8)

K Vinatieri

D/ST MN

lemme know whT you think 

Everything looks good except your runningbacks. You could try and trade Rivers or a receiver or two for to try and upgrade there. Otherwise, nice.

I drew the 3rd pick in another league draft after already drafting from the 3rd pick in a previous draft.  

How much should I try and make the 2 teams different if I can help it? I always am a touch wary of owning the same guy in multiple leagues (unless a stud). I feel like that always backfires. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Hey Kes, I'm playing in the FFPC this year. It's a Full PPR, 12 Team, 20 Man Roster, and 1.5 Point Per TE Reception League. Also has Two starting Flex spots. 

QB Ben Roethlisberger (9)

RB David Johnson (1)

RB Mark Ingram (5)

WR Amari Cooper (2)

WR Brandin Cooks (3)

Flex Terrelle Pryor (4)

Flex Corey Coleman (7)

TE Delanie Walker (6)

K Sebastian Janikowski (20)

DEF Philadelphia (16)

Bench:

QB Carson Wentz (14)

RB LeGarrette Blount (12)

RB Jeremy Hill (13)

RB DeAndre Washington (15)

RB Donnel Pumphrey (18)

RB Kerwynn Williams (19)

WR Ted Ginn Jr. (10)

WR Robert Woods (11)

WR Taylor Gabriel (17)

TE Austin Hooper (8)

As much criticism as you wanna give! Anything positive that you like I'll take as well :P

You employed my ideal strategy for picking at the top of the draft, which is to grab DJ/Bell then grab 2 top 12 receivers.  I'm not a fan of Cooper, but others are high on him, and I like him as a 2 (I see Cooks as a 1).  Cooks is my #10 WR and Cooper #13.  I have DJ as my #1 RB and Ingram #27.  But I also have Terrelle Pryor as my #11 WR, so I think you are absolutely stacked at receiver.  I think you waited just the right amount of time to grab Walker too.  Good job taking advantage of the different scoring in FFPC.

Your RB depth worries me a little bit because you have a bunch of guys with little or no PPR value.  Other than that, this is a really solid team.  Good drafting overall.

4 hours ago, keysersoze3421 said:

I'm a big fan of cobbling together QB play.  With those RBs and WRs, they should more than make up for Wentz and Kizer, even if they only give you about 12 pts per week.  Even the worst QBs have guaranteed volume.  I like the team, and nice grab on Miller!

It's Cooper Kupp btw...good pick there.

Thanks Key, and yeah I totally butchered his name, must have had a few too many towards the end of the draft.

4 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Better starting PPR quad:

DJ, McCoy, Pryor, Landry

or

DJ, Powell, Green, Pryor

or

DJ, Mixon, Julio, Pryor

Is Landry the only 4th option for that first scenario? Because I love the other 3 players, but am generally low on Landry this year. DJ and McCoy should catch 70+ balls this year, making them incredibly valuable RB assets in PPR. If I can start a foundation with those two, I would. 

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Zay Jones or Chris Hogan, non ppr

Tough to say. PPR it's no doubt Zay Jones for me. As of right now, he should enter Week 1 as the #1 option in that WR group. Standard it's a lot closer because Zay is more volume whereas Hogan can win deep and in the RZ. I'd probably still rather have Zay just for the upside he brings as a potential target hog on an underrated offense. I doubt Hogan ever becomes a volume play in that offense. 

Just now, SoS said:

Tough to say. PPR it's no doubt Zay Jones for me. As of right now, he should enter Week 1 as the #1 option in that WR group. Standard it's a lot closer because Zay is more volume whereas Hogan can win deep and in the RZ. I'd probably still rather have Zay just for the upside he brings as a potential target hog on an underrated offense. I doubt Hogan ever becomes a volume play in that offense. 

I have Hogan now and wonder if Amendola or Gronk get hurt like they are prone to then Hogan could be great but Zay is like the only guy

7 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I drew the 3rd pick in another league draft after already drafting from the 3rd pick in a previous draft.  

How much should I try and make the 2 teams different if I can help it? I always am a touch wary of owning the same guy in multiple leagues (unless a stud). I feel like that always backfires. 

Who did you take in draft 1?  I'd go Brown in both.  Diversifying at the other spots will help you.  Just take different guys in the same tier for you.  For instance, instead of taking Cooper and Gurley in 2-3, take Howard and Cooks or something like that.

Archived