2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

I fully expect it to not happen....that said, his availability could help GB sign some of their other targets. Teams like the Browns or Jets are still looking for help in the secondary and obviously have way more cap to throw around. Perhaps one of them gets honey badger

That doesn't change the fact that what we really need is edge CBs. Plus I'd even rather look into trading up for Fitzpatrick or James if need be for that type if needed. 

If he's cheap ish, I guess but not someone I'd be excited to chase hard.

Just now, deltarich87 said:

I get that money talks, but why would anyone want to go to those dumpster fires of organizations right now? 

New York isn't even close to an LA/Miami/Jax either where at least it's fun to live there lol. 

Not like teams where it's fun to play football aren't going to throw 10+ at him too.

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

That doesn't change the fact that what we really need is edge CBs. Plus I'd even rather look into trading up for Fitzpatrick or James if need be for that type if needed. 

If he's cheap ish, I guess but not someone I'd be excited to chase hard.

He is the closest thing to Woodson this defense has seen. The ability to "see it" before it happens like Woodson could and Mathieu can is very rare.

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Hey, Ray/Cwood... If Gute signs Matheiu, what are the chances you could delete everything I said in the Randall traded thread? 

You and I both know we won't sign him. I would think the jets with Bowles can offer him money and the fit is there 

CBS Sports' Jason La Canforatweeted over the weekend that it would be a surprise if Mathieu is back with the Cardinals in 2018 even though the talented defensive back is still under contract through the 2021 season. The last contract he signed was for five years worth $62.5 million. Last season he had a cap hit of over $8 million and is set to have a cap hit over $14 million in 2018.

If he becomes available on the open market there is no doubt he will be among one of the most highly sought-after players in free agency. 

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

You and I both know we won't sign him. I would think the jets with Bowles can offer him money and the fit is there 

I guess I'll have to get started...

There is no way Gute signs Mathieu.  I will personally apologize to every single person I've yelled at on this site for the past three years if Gute signs Mathieu.  Don't expect any apologies because it ain't happening. 

Suh is expected to hit the Market today too. That could help with taking up some of those teams money. Also, has anyone mentioned a trade for Eli Apple yet? There's always that possibility for a trade option as well.

Just now, Nick_gb said:

Also, has anyone mentioned a trade for Eli Apple yet? There's always that possibility for a trade option as well.

We went over this already.  We're not trading FOR a cornerback that had attitude issues and yelled at coaches and lost the support of teammates when we just TRADED one.  Apple's problems were significantly worse than Randall's. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

I guess I'll have to get started...

There is no way Gute signs Mathieu.  I will personally apologize to every single person I've yelled at on this site for the past three years if Gute signs Mathieu.  Don't expect any apologies because it ain't happening. 

https://twitter.com/TheAdams_era/status/973974509962383360?s=20

Jamal lol I love this kid

Archived