2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, marky mark said:

WR2

Yuck.  He's one of the least athletic WRs in the NFL and offers little to no upside.  Id like to think that Nelson was cut because we badly need speed on offense.  We can't afford to trot Allison, Cobb and Adams out there as none of them have any abilities to stretch the field. 

7 minutes ago, SSG said:

Yuck.  He's one of the least athletic WRs in the NFL and offers little to no upside.  Id like to think that Nelson was cut because we badly need speed on offense.  We can't afford to trot Allison, Cobb and Adams out there as none of them have any abilities to stretch the field. 

We do need that speed quotient on offense. Have for years - but now is not the time to be jettisoning someoody who can help us - if only in the short term.

Just now, SSG said:

I agree he's a JAG but he isn't terrible either. He can do a job when called upon but he isn't going to force defences to take him into consideration.

I imagine there will be alot of competition for the no.2 job in training camp. Geronimo, Clark, Yancey, Davis, Draft Pick. Lots of guys. Cream will rise to the top.

Still rather have Nelson though. :(

14 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I like Tramon .. still has a little game left .. I'd bring him in and let him compete for a gig.  He's a good guy too .. could probably show the younglings how to do things like a pro.  He's also got Pettine experience. 

I truly think I'd rather kick the tires on Tramon than bring back House. Probably a horse a piece at this point. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

We do need that speed quotient on offense. Have for years - but now is not the time to be jettisoning someoody who can help us - if only in the short term.

My comment was in regards to Allison starting (think he said WR2).  If he's starting on the outside at the beginning of this year, our offense is going to be in a lot of trouble.  Will be the dink and dunk offense we seen in 2015 all over again.  Nothing like going 3 for 3 on a drive and still having to punt.

Just now, SSG said:

My comment was in regards to Allison starting (think he said WR2).  If he's starting on the outside at the beginning of this year, our offense is going to be in a lot of trouble.  Will be the dink and dunk offense we seen in 2015 all over again.  Nothing like going 3 for 3 on a drive and still having to punt.

Understood.....but we just tendered him right? I got offline and may have missed the continuity of messages - in which case, thats a good idea.

The guy knows the playbook - AR likes and has worked with him - so best to be hanging on to him till somebody's on board who will keep him on the sideline.

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

I agree he's a JAG but he isn't terrible either. He can do a job when called upon but he isn't going to force defences to take him into consideration.

I imagine there will be alot of competition for the no.2 job in training camp. Geronimo, Clark, Yancey, Davis, Draft Pick. Lots of guys. Cream will rise to the top.

Still rather have Nelson though. :(

You are right, even if that cream is spoiled.  That is a very under whelming list of WRs that gives me zero confidence.

5 minutes ago, SSG said:

You mean 2015 when Adams was hurt? Adams is a much better WR than he was back in 2015. 

If Rodgers cannot make it work with this current group of WRs and TE then maybe we shouldn't be payng him top dollars. Brady won the SB without Gronk and shredded the Eagles with Logan/Amendola as his only 2 WR. The Pats have been dinking and dunking their way to victories for years now (but they also use their RBs in the passing game, something that seems to be forbidden in GB). 

22 minutes ago, SSG said:

Gotta imagine that the honey badger is way out of our price range. 

Someone could have taken on his salary, 3 more years at about 33 million by my calculation, so can't imagine him getting more than that, one would think it would be around the 9-10.5 range

Archived