2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Ray, you're literally the person who was saying that it's damn near impossible for a corner to play corner with a groin injury.  He played with one all of 2016, and he played damn well for a rookie out of position as a corner.  The only thing that's changed is he's no longer a Packer. 

There were still tons of mental mistakes there injury or not. Add in the fact that he was always dealing with something injury wise and I see no way anyone could call Randall a consistent or reliable player. The fact that even before this trade everyone still had CB as our biggest or 2nd biggest need showed that no one had great faith in him. He was going to be our slot guy, but I'd never trust him long term to build himself into a boundary guy like Hayward. I don't think he's as smart or dedicated as Casey was.

My stance hasnt changed from the moment he left. We didn't lose anything that's not replaceable. Doesn't make him a bad player but he's not someone I'm going to lose a second of sleep over. 

51 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

“You’ll see how dumb that trade was very soon,” Randall said Friday on Twitter, adding three laughing-faced emojis.

Oh please. We got rid of a malcontent, moved up in the draft, and got a better back-up QB in the process...

52 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

“You’ll see how dumb that trade was very soon,” Randall said Friday on Twitter, adding three laughing-faced emojis.

45 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Not as bad as I thought. I kind of expected him to act like that knowing kinda how he is. 

I actually tend to agree with him TBH...

Some could see how "dumb" it was right away.

Look, I'm not a fan of his personality.  He's a weird kid.  Was up and down at corner, but since that Chicago game that had to be his rock bottom, kid fought his way back onto the team, onto the field and...he improved and played very solid ball.  Some kids would go in the tank after something like that.  He didn't.  I really hope he continues to mature.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There were still tons of mental mistakes there injury or not. Add in the fact that he was always dealing with something injury wise and I see no way anyone could call Randall a consistent or reliable player. The fact that even before this trade everyone still had CB as our biggest or 2nd biggest need showed that no one had great faith in him. He was going to be our slot guy, but I'd never trust him long term to build himself into a boundary guy like Hayward. I don't think he's as smart or dedicated as Casey was.

My stance hasnt changed from the moment he left. We didn't lose anything that's not replaceable. Doesn't make him a bad player but he's not someone I'm going to lose a second of sleep over. 

You could apply that to every single CB we've had over the past 3-5 seasons...

12 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

I think the fact that they waited until the offseason and got something for him kind of points to the fact it was a rational decision not really fueled by emotion.

I think that he was on thin ice after Chicago.  Ice that he skated over quite nicely while putting out solid game tape the last part of the season.

Then Capers was let go and Randall spouted off.  And that was it.  I'm a betting man, and I'd bet he's still on the roster had he just kept his mouth shut this off-season.

Just now, Joe said:

I may have missed an earlier discussion on this, but Clive Walford was cut by the Raiders. Worth kicking the tires?

I was wondering why he was cut.  Seems to have a good YPC going for him. 

he's gonna play slot.  That's where he's the best fit.  It's where he had success here, and it's where the value meets the rubber of the road with his skill set.

If you look at Randall as a prospect, he's a cheap honey badger who isn't as strong of a tackler.

Who is our slot at the moment? Rollins? Pipkens?  Tramon hasn't shown any slot ability after leaving GB.  King is not a slot and wouldn't be using his skills in the most valuable position there.

What a joke.

Archived