2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Am I the only one legitimately sad about losing Janis?  If McCarthy was serious about special teams (and defense) acting like they're going to win a Super Bowl, losing our best special teamer isn't the best way to go about achieving that.

Additionally, I think Janis is actually going to make plays for the Browns.  Hope he does because it would prove what I've been saying about Rodgers for a long time now. 

5 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Janis got it done on the field, you can't argue that. 

Rodgers unwillingness to work with guys who can't recite the playbook verbatim is a little ridiculous. We were missing speed all season and refused to play one of the few guys with it. He will go ball for Cleveland.

If by getting it done you mean ran in a straight line really fast, I agree.

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Am I the only one legitimately sad about losing Janis?  If McCarthy was serious about special teams (and defense) acting like they're going to win a Super Bowl, losing our best special teamer isn't the best way to go about achieving that.

Janis was fairly upfront about his desire to play WR somewhere. Whether you believe that is on him or on Rodgers, it was becoming pretty clear that wasn't happening in Green Bay. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:
15 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

damn, now we need another terrible WR with great measurables who fans can clamor for when the passing game is sputtering. Who will it be now!

very good gunner though so that hurts the ST a bit

Davis is already on the roster.

start davis at number 2.

anything to get him off of the returns.

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Additionally, I think Janis is actually going to make plays for the Browns.  Hope he does because it would prove what I've been saying about Rodgers for a long time now. 

Janis is an awesome gunner, but that skillset isn't a tough one. Be really fast and find the ball. No reason Josh Hawkins can't be that guy.

1 minute ago, MathMan said:

start davis at number 2.

Another Davis basher.

Put me in the damn glad he's our returner field. If Brett Hundley is our QB next year I hope he fields more inside the 5, better chance of him housing it than that disaster of an offense going 80 yards.

8 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Janis got it done on the field, you can't argue that. 

Rodgers unwillingness to work with guys who can't recite the playbook verbatim is a little ridiculous. We were missing speed all season and refused to play one of the few guys with it. He will go ball for Cleveland.

It's not asking too much for a 3rd yr WR to at least line up properly/know where to line up tbh. Beyond that though, the main reason Janis never got more reps is because, again, he's not a good WR. His route running stinks, he struggles tracking the ball over his head, and he doesn't have good hands

He's gonna "ball out" in Cleveland by being a good gunner on ST and that's about it. You think he's seeing the field much at WR with Gordon, Coleman, Landry, Njoku and Duke Johnson all there?

2 minutes ago, MathMan said:

start davis at number 2.

He was 7th in the NFL on Ave/KR last year and 3rd in Ave/PR. I'm hoping another offseason coaches his bone-headedness out of him, because the explosion is there. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

400 snaps is plenty to get an evaluation, we're not talking Montravious Adams here. Jones' injury was an MCL sprain, come on, you're acting like it was a torn achilles. Mo likes money, Mo has no guarantee for money unless he steps up this year. King is not an injury risk any more than any other player on the roster, his shoulder was surgically repaired thus he is 100%.

You sound way more pessimist than realist.

Did I say anything about Jones?  No, I'm usually very optimistic this time of the year.  For the past three years i've thought that GB had the roster to be a top Super Bowl threat.

Sorry, but I don't feel like that this year and that is being about as real as I can get...right now.  

8 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Nope.  Not the only one.  But, I feel like it may be time for me to step down as the President of the Janis fan club.  I really wish him well and hope he gets an opportunity in Cleveland.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Another Davis basher.

Put me in the damn glad he's our returner field. If Brett Hundley is our QB next year I hope he fields more inside the 5, better chance of him housing it than that disaster of an offense going 80 yards.

I could have swore you JUST gave me grief for defending Davis as a punt returner like three weeks ago. 

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If by getting it done you mean ran in a straight line really fast, I agree.

I was on the Janis bandwagon ever since Preseason #1 and he took that short slant over the middle all the way. Pulling for the guy. Hoping whatever was needed would happen and the lightbulb would go on but it never really happened. I remember pulling the plug that game against INDY when the offense was sputtering - needed a play - and AR hit JJ in stride down the left sideline......ahead of the field would have been an easy six......and it bounced off his hands. I couldnt do it anymore. I couldnt hope for him anymore. The gas tank was on empty.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Did I say anything about Jones?  No, I'm usually very optimistic this time of the year.  For the past three years i've thought that GB had the roster to be a top Super Bowl threat.

Sorry, but I don't feel like that this year and that is being about as real as I can get...right now.  

You seem nervous to let rookies and 2nd year players play. Can't field a team of vets with a franchise QB, two 10m+ WRs and 2 10m+ OTs. This is today's NFL, look at the Packers CB position and you'll see a similar one, the Vikings guards are Nick Easton and Tom Compton. LA Rams super team? Their EDGE players are Matt Longacre, Samson Ebukam and Ethan Westbrooks. You need the draft and the rookies will play, not just here, all over the league.

Archived