2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

22 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I can name 10 times more players that we all thought was going to be the next nothing to Hall of Fame who turned out to be nothing than players who turned out to be a pro bowl player.

Sam Shields really killed Packer expectations.  Sam Shields and Ryan Grant. 

Tramon Williams too (UDFA from another team)? It's almost like UDFA's have actually had an impact.

#Atari Bigby.

Matthews is gonna have to take a 1yr prove it type deal. If he's looking to repair his value and cash in he's gonna need to sign to a team where he'll actually get some legit reps. GB has no clear WR2 on their roster right now whereas the Patriots are already deep at WR with Cooks/Edelman/Hogan/Dorsett/Mitchell/Britt as well as Gronk.

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Matthews is gonna have to take a 1yr prove it type deal. If he's looking to repair his value and cash in he's gonna need to sign to a team where he'll actually get some legit reps. GB has no clear WR2 on their roster right now whereas the Patriots are already deep at WR with Cooks/Edelman/Hogan/Dorsett/Mitchell/Britt as well as Gronk.

Yea I'm not worrued about losing Matthews to NE or most other places unless GB just never makes any offer at all.

Speaking of Matthews, says AZ gave him an "offer" so it appears he's perhaps close enough alone to get offers. Wonder if we extended him a number and this is simply a Wilkerson situation where he's making the rounds before picking an offer.

Just now, ArthurPensky said:

Sounds like AZ already made an offer to Matthews according to Rapsheet so he must be healthier than some thought.

I mean he's on recent video running 50 yard routes for Jordan Rodgers. So I'm sure hes not far off.

Just now, packfanfb said:

Speaking of Matthews, says AZ gave him an "offer" so it appears he's perhaps close enough alone to get offers. Wonder if we extended him a number and this is simply a Wilkerson situation where he's making the rounds before picking an offer.

The fact that they're bringing in Butler probably means there wasn't a whole lot of interest generated on Matthews part. He's the anti Bennett/Graham when it comes to the list of QBs he's had. Rodgers/Brady probably appeal more than Bradford/Glennon to him.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

The fact that they're bringing in Butler probably means there wasn't a whole lot of interest generated on Matthews part. He's the anti Bennett/Graham when it comes to the list of QBs he's had. Rodgers/Brady probably appeal more than Bradford/Glennon to him.

Nailed it

5 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Nailed it

Figured, Matthews is at a crossroads in his career. Another bust of a year and he's probably another Eddie Lacy. Promising start to a career who only got a 1 year deal for 2nd contract and was out of the league or a minimum guy. If ARI was offering him a lucrative 3-4 year deal I'm sure he would have signed there. I'm sure they offered a similar 1-2 year deal like Butler got and he wasn't interested. A year with Brady/Rodgers has a much better chance to receive his career.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Figured, Matthews is at a crossroads in his career. Another bust of a year and he's probably another Eddie Lacy. Promising start to a career who only got a 1 year deal for 2nd contract and was out of the league or a minimum guy. If ARI was offering him a lucrative 3-4 year deal I'm sure he would have signed there. I'm sure they offered a similar 1-2 year deal like Butler got and he wasn't interested. A year with Brady/Rodgers has a much better chance to receive his career.

I like Butler, think he's an under-the-radar signing. That being said, I'd rather have Matthews. Make it happen Gute. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

And if that's what it's down to, gotta like GB's chances there. More available targets in GB than in NE right now

Archived