2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Veteran stop gap needs in order:

1. WR (Adams, Cobb in slot, we need someone capable of not sucking outside).
2. EDGE (gotta get a 4-5 sack season type of player for depth/relief).
3. TE (not satisfied with Kendricks, I want Gates).
4. OG (Just give me Evans and we're set on the OL).

Give me each of the first two and I will go into this season confidently believing we're winning the Super Bowl. 

I'm hopeful we'll get some June cuts

Just now, Leader said:

So - with all these WR bodies, are we more (or less) interested in Dez?

Changes nothing for me. Like the Day 3 picks and hope they all become stars but Day 3 guys usually dont or at least not in year 1. I would have signed Dez yesterday and I would still sign him today.

Just now, Leader said:

So - with all these WR bodies, are we more (or less) interested in Dez?

I'm absolutely interested in adding SOMEBODY.  Trade or post June 1st cuts.  Just not remotely interested in Bryant.  More so now that we didn't get a 2nd or 3rd WR, but I just don't like Bryant's brain. 

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Veteran stop gap needs in order:

1. WR (Adams, Cobb in slot, we need someone capable of not sucking outside).
2. EDGE (gotta get a 4-5 sack season type of player for depth/relief).
3. TE (not satisfied with Kendricks, I want Gates).
4. OG (Just give me Evans and we're set on the OL).

Give me each of the first two and I will go into this season confidently believing we're winning the Super Bowl. 

Gates is gonna be 38 years old and just had his worst season since his rookie year - in 2003.

With some time in the system and with AR back in the saddle, I think Kendricks can give us more than Gates.

Just now, Leader said:

Gates is gonna be 38 years old and just had his worst season since his rookie year - in 2003.

With some time in the system and with AR back in the saddle, I think Kendricks can give us more than Gates.

I'm not expecting Gates to be anything more than a red zone master.  I'm not worried about our offense between the 20's.  Jordy Nelson was a huge loss in the red zone.  Huge loss.  Gates alleviates that loss.  I want him. 

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm not expecting Gates to be anything more than a red zone master.  I'm not worried about our offense between the 20's.  Jordy Nelson was a huge loss in the red zone.  Huge loss.  Gates alleviates that loss.  I want him. 

You apparently didnt note that he just had his worst season since 2003.

He's not the superstar or your memories anymore.

Add on edit: he was active for all 16 games - as was QB Rivers who made a living off feeding Gates - except not last year.

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Graham alleviates that loss as well. 

Just now, Leader said:

You apparently didnt note that he just had his worst season since 2003.

He's not the superstar or your memories anymore.

You clearly didn't note the red zone part.  He had three touchdowns as a second tight end.  I'm not interested in anything else.  I never suggested he was a superstar.  It's a different game the closer you get to the goal line.  Gates is still a very serious player down there. 

Archived