2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You clearly didn't note the red zone part.  He had three touchdowns as a second tight end.  I'm not interested in anything else.  I never suggested he was a superstar.  It's a different game the closer you get to the goal line.  Gates is still a very serious player down there. 

Has he said he still wants to play? He's up there in age. But I haven't paid attention to see if he's still gonna play.

Doesn't that Cleveland tight end want to come back. Maybe him cheap? Then again he didn't want to play cheap last year

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Has he said he still wants to play? He's up there in age. But I haven't paid attention to see if he's still gonna play.

Doesn't that Cleveland tight end want to come back. Maybe him cheap? Then again he didn't want to play cheap last year

Gates has said he still wants to play. 

19 hours ago, Cadmus said:

Sign Wheaton/Barnidge/Galette. 

Packers let RRodgers go . And GB didn't draft any TEs, despite all the picks. Just added a couple of UDFA bodies.

Here's Das Gute talking about the TE position:

“We’ve got some guys that are going to be coming in that you guys will find out about soon that we think will provide some of that competition. I don’t know if there’s an ideal number but you see teams usually keeping anywhere between three and five.”

56 minutes ago, gopackgo27 said:

Would love to see us add a veteran edge guy & blocking TE. Connor Barwin & Marcedes Lewis would make a lot of sense, both would probably be willing to sign cheap 1 year deals with contenders

I'd be happy with Barwin or Galette (boom or bust candidate based on his injury history). Worst case scenario, I bring back Brooks assuming he passes his physical. 

TE I'm not as concerned about. I think you'll see a ton of good No. 3 TE candidates out there post June 1 and then again during the roster cuts in August. Shouldn't be an issue picking up a young prospect or a journeyman type. 

That just leaves WR. For me it's still Dez. In fact, the guys we drafted only cement my opinion that Dez would be perfect for this team on a 1-year deal. We drafted 3 big, fast, but raw WRs who I expect to show promise/takes leaps as year 2 WRs, but struggle year 1. Bryant is the perfect stop gap. Sign him for one year, let him get his 12 TDs from Rodgers, then he can go get $12 million a year and net us a 4th round comp pick. 

I'm still not impressed with our RB situation. Mays shouldn't be on an NFL roster and the others have durability issues. I would love to get Latavius Murray on this roster. He had a good year in Min and he's a true Bellcow back who never gets hurt. Both him and Bryant's price tags are low and could be had for a bargain.They have zero leverage, both are on the street.

6 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I'm still not impressed with our RB situation. Mays shouldn't be on an NFL roster and the others have durability issues. I would love to get Latavius Murray on this roster. He had a good year in Min and he's a true Bellcow back who never gets hurt. Both him and Bryant's price tags are low and could be had for a bargain.They have zero leverage, both are on the street.

Short of a strong camp, Mays isn't going to make the 53 man roster.  Our RB group right now is pretty much set with Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, and Ty Montgomery.

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Packers let RRodgers go . And GB didn't draft any TEs, despite all the picks. Just added a couple of UDFA bodies.

Here's Das Gute talking about the TE position:

“We’ve got some guys that are going to be coming in that you guys will find out about soon that we think will provide some of that competition. I don’t know if there’s an ideal number but you see teams usually keeping anywhere between three and five.”

Whoa when did he say this Shane

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Short of a strong camp, Mays isn't going to make the 53 man roster.  Our RB group right now is pretty much set with Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, and Ty Montgomery.

My question is can you really trust all three to stay healthy a full season?  Think Murray would be a great fit for the right money.

Just now, St Vince said:

I'm still not impressed with our RB situation.

If we weren't the Green Bay Aaron's on offense, I'd agree.  If we had a completely different coaching staff I'd also agree.  What we got is more than enough here in Green Bay.  I am 100% satisfied with what our team has at RB. 

4 minutes ago, St Vince said:

My question is can you really trust all three to stay healthy a full season? 

Good point and.....

Ty? No. All the history is that he wont stay healthy.

Jones? I'm cautiously hopeful cause I think he's out "break out" RB - but its not a given. He went down twice with knee issues last year.

Williams? Yes. I see this guy as a workhorse. A pure RB with proper instincts on when and how to get down.

Archived