2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

57 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Dez mentioned the Rams and Goff a few days ago

Translation: The Rams have signed a lot of guys to a lot of money. Gimme. 

"The Packers have too much history"

Translation: The Packers are cheap

He is after another payday. Pure and simple

The Packers are not cheap. Don't know why this gets talked about.

The Packers are just selective about who to pay. They pay well when they have a guy they know they want to pay. 

1 minute ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

The Packers are not cheap. Don't know why this gets talked about.

The Packers are just selective about who to pay. They pay well when they have a guy they know they want to pay. 

Agreed. My take was with regard to overpaying athletes on the last leg of their career.

Mostly tongue in cheek so I could make a smart *** post

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Those same people would rather have us sign James Jones right now over Dez. 

And you got annoyed when I said you'd sign the corpse of Aaron Hernandez lol. I'm not sure which like is more untrue.

On 4/17/2018 at 6:15 AM, blankman0021 said:

Dez has every reason to be salty to GB. Our players (our QB) and fans haven’t stopped pointing out that it “wasn’t a catch” since we bounced them from the playoffs on a play he knows the ground made. 

FIFY

On 4/18/2018 at 12:50 PM, Packerraymond said:

Why wouldn't he be? He's a FA. He can say whatever the hell he wants. It's not like he's rumored to be released by Dallas but still on the roster and someone asks him that.

Let me guess, you're going to say he wasn't being serious so you can use it against the FO when he doesn't sign here?

Doesn't want to tip his hand?

No need to get combative. 

On 4/18/2018 at 11:50 AM, Packerraymond said:

Why wouldn't he be? He's a FA. He can say whatever the hell he wants. It's not like he's rumored to be released by Dallas but still on the roster and someone asks him that.

Let me guess, you're going to say he wasn't being serious so you can use it against the FO when he doesn't sign here?

He'll probably blame Ted when he doesn't

"He would have came here but Ted left the roster is such poor shape he knew he had no chance at a title here (so he signed with Washington or NYG)"

46 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

What about Brandon Marshall on a one year deal?

He'd be a very distant consolation prize compared to Dez. That being said, we need something. Maybe after the draft you explore a Marshall or a Maclin assuming Dez ends up in NY. 

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He'd be a very distant consolation prize compared to Dez. That being said, we need something. Maybe after the draft you explore a Marshall or a Maclin assuming Dez ends up in NY. 

I haven't really been following Maclin does he have anything left? If the Packers Draft one or two Rcvrs what are the odds he even makes the team?

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Can’t be too exspensive, better than Allison, big receiver for AR to throw open. Wouldn’t be a terrible move. Wouldn’t stop us from investing in a WR in the draft either.

8 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

He'll probably blame Ted when he doesn't

"He would have came here but Ted left the roster is such poor shape he knew he had no chance at a title here (so he signed with Washington or NYG)"

We'll probably hear Ted related excuses for the next decade. 

Marshall is done, isn't he?  He didn't seem to have anything left in the legs the past few years and even when healthy in New York he looked slow.  We saw how slow Jordy had become, and I thought Marshall was even slower.  Easy pass on him for me.

12 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Marshall is done, isn't he?  He didn't seem to have anything left in the legs the past few years and even when healthy in New York he looked slow.  We saw how slow Jordy had become, and I thought Marshall was even slower.  Easy pass on him for me.

Marshall is a much bigger locker room problem than Dez. I want him no where near this team. 

Archived