2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Still bummed that we didn't take him....nice player.

Would love to know, given the obvious need at ILB or so many years (especially after the Jones-Hawk debacle in 2014), whether the previous GM did not think much of Kendricks as a player, just discounted the inside linebacker position no matter what, or whether he was really that enamored with Randall heading into the 2015 draft, because there were more than a few fans and observers who thought Kendricks was going to be the pick.

https://m.cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packers-draft-mailbag-eric-kendricks-is-the-leader-in-the-clubhouse

They have a lot of young talent...Diggs, Thielen, Kendricks, Barr, Hunter, Waynes...

Then they have some older guys...Harrison, Griffen, Joseph.

I think they have Rhodes in the fold for a while...now Kendricks.  Could be that they keep some of the younger guys at the expense of an older guy or two.

It is a nice problem to have...which good players to keep/extend.  Wish we had that problem!

Interestingly enough...are any of their offensive lineman considered good, young talent?  Nothing can derail a good team like a poor offensive line, I don't know a lot about their guys....

21 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Interestingly enough...are any of their offensive lineman considered good, young talent?  Nothing can derail a good team like a poor offensive line, I don't know a lot about their guys....

They've taken some good prospects, they've had a TERRIBLE time grooming.

57 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Would love to know, given the obvious need at ILB or so many years (especially after the Jones-Hawk debacle in 2014), whether the previous GM did not think much of Kendricks as a player, just discounted the inside linebacker position no matter what, or whether he was really that enamored with Randall heading into the 2015 draft, because there were more than a few fans and observers who thought Kendricks was going to be the pick.

https://m.cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packers-draft-mailbag-eric-kendricks-is-the-leader-in-the-clubhouse

We've taken several players from UCLA recently (Kenny Clark, Hundley, Datone Jones, Johnathan Franklin) and with the excpetion of Clark, Kendricks is the one UCLA player I really wished we'd have drafted - especially considering Damarious Randall was selected at #30 in the first round and Kendricks at #45 in the second!  Another UCLA player that Minny picked up the year before was Barr. 

Wonder if the Packers show any interest in Chris McCain. Chargers just rescinded his RFA tender. He's listed as a DE but he's about 6'5" 240, only 26 and had 5 sacks last year for Chargers. Sounds like the type of guy Packers usually show interest in. 

Green Bay Packers: Prospects for FA

Just 10 days till the draft kicks off, likely a couple of hole-plugging signings on the way

Cadmus wrote about TE Gary Barnidge

Jahri Evans tweeted about starting his training program

Ahmad Brooks, Connor Barwin still available, but Brooks has back issues + age

If the Packers want a bruiser, short yardage RB...Is D. Mays still a possibility or grab one in the draft.

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-2018-nfl-free-agents-list/

1 hour ago, Jaegybomb said:

Didn't Kendricks bomb the combine or something? I seem to remember everyone being focused on the fact that he wasn't as athletic as you would like from a 1st round pick.

Just going from memory here, but he didn't bomb.  He just wasn't as fast or strong as many wanted.  I thought the knock on him was that he was a little small to play inside and take the pounding of the running game.  No questions about his instincts.  I'll look up his combine...you tell me if he bombed for a MLB.

Eric Kendricks,  6'0'' 232 pounds.  31 inch arms.  Hands at 9 5/8.  4.61 40 yard dash.  19 reps on the bench.  38 inch vertical.  124 broad jump.  That's all that is out there.

If I didn't know what he is now, I'd say he is small for an ILB.  And not fast enough at that size/weight.  Strength isn't good either.  Vertical and broad jump shows some explosiveness, though. 

I think he's proven to be a better football player than he was an athlete at the combine.  Stephone Anthony?  Better athlete than football player.

16 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Gentlemen, have you lost your freaking minds ?

This is not a vikes thread, nor is it a vikes forum.

Take that garbage someplace else or I'm gonna pry your eyes open and force you to read HZ posts until your brain bleeds.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuuPJv7jvVqGrPIbuQb4A

If we don't stop talking about them, we're going to become them. Constantly talking about us. Soon we'll have a Vikings watch thread lol.

On Reddit there was an NFL post that was saying GB would be interested in Dez or whatever. And like 25% of the comment chains were started by people with Vikings tags. Saying they aren't worried, he isn't good, they still have no defense.  I swear they see us every night in their sleep. It's all they think about lol. 

15 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Take that garbage someplace else or I'm gonna pry your eyes open and force you to read HZ posts until your brain bleeds.

People love my posts, man.  Even if they hate me, they love to hate me, and that's love, too. 

15 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Kind've like the Dez of the forum, huh?

A little ironic you'd be the WR on the squad.

First round wide receiver

Who did we even take that year? I wanted nothing to do with Dez or Crab and both years iirc they were available as we're up and I wanted both so bad lol. 

14 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

First round wide receiver

Who did we even take that year? I wanted nothing to do with Dez or Crab and both years iirc they were available as we're up and I wanted both so bad lol. 

Bulaga, I was real torn that draft. My head wanted Bulaga but there was a part of me who wanted Dez.

Archived