Vikings to hire John DeFilippo as OC

CriminalMind

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

If the Vikes want to go the cheap route at QB, maybe Teddy, McCown and Sloter as your 3 QBs?

It’s possible. Really the only way I see McCown not retiring is if he is a starter. He damn near retired this year and was going to start coaching until the Jets pulled him out of retirement.

12 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

If the Vikes want to go the cheap route at QB, maybe Teddy, McCown and Sloter as your 3 QBs?

Sure, that would be a way of going cheaper. I am not at all fond of going cheaper at QB as a winning strategy. IMO, the team needs to decide which option they like best, determine the top amount they are willing to pay, and put a full court press on getting their top option. Unfortunately, it can't be a blank check so it makes sense to have contingency plans including a "going cheaper" option. The important thing about going cheaper would be to make sure there is minimum commitments to the position beyond this year so that they can put the full court press one the best option available next year.

All options should include a continual search via the draft IMO.

Zimmer: “We are very excited to add John to our staff. We took our time with the search and made sure we left no stone unturned to get the right fit. He has a track record of success and has proven to be a great teacher. We feel John will have good chemistry with our team and we are all eager to get to work.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/09/vikings-announce-john-defilippo-is-their-new-offensive-coordinator/

18 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

The Chase Daniel part intrigues me, but if the Eagles had more faith in Nick Foles over him as a back-up I am not sure I am too fond of him coming to even be a back-up.

Daniel has always seemed more of a player coach, than an actual backup QB. I wouldn’t want him as anything more than 3rd on the depth chart. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Daniel has always seemed more of a player coach, than an actual backup QB. I wouldn’t want him as anything more than 3rd on the depth chart. 

Just has always intrigued me. Always been the #2 behind QB’s. Stuck behind Cassel after KC traded for him, stuck behind Wentz after signing in Philly to be a starter and was noteably upset, then now behind Brees.

When he got to play he was never a dud, just not super flashy. 

Archived