• Denver 2015/2016
    • New England 2014/2015
    • Seattle 2013/2014
    • Baltimore 2012/2013
    • New York 2011/2012
    • Green Bay 2010/2011
    • New Orleans 2009/2010

5 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Patriots defense is also 85 bears status...

You don’t have to be the 85 bears to slow down this eagles offense. Which is kind of the point you have been ignoring the last several pages of this thread. They got shut down the seahawks and chiefs WITH Carson wentz this season. Heck the falcons held them to 15 AT home in the divisional round and their defense this season is nothing special.

Youre attempting to make this Eagles team particularly the offensive line out to be some unstoppable unit that was destined to be in a shootout with any team they faced with zero evidence of this being true 

45 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The 2017/2018 Vikings had all of that. Didn't help them. There's no defense that can stop perfect throws, and Foles was en fuego after Atlanta with his accuracy and timing, not to mention he was great feeling pressure and moving around the pocket when DL's did get a push (usually against our LT Vaitai).

No they didn't. The Vikings did not have a corner remotely approaching Revis. Nor did they have nearly the secondary the 2014 Pats had. They did not have  LB corp that was as stacked as when we had Collins and Hightower. And we had one of the best sack getting LB's in Chandler Jones. They were able to hold off Peyton Manning who was still playing at his 2013 MVP level with a better WR corp, and hold Rodgers who was having an MVP year and much better than any QB this year to a respectable game. 

Eagles ceiling against the 2014 Patriots defense is probably around 24-27 points. 

Again recency bias, the Eagles were not some all time historical offense. They weren't even the 2nd best offense we've seen in the last 5 seasons. 2013 Broncos and 2016 Falcons (just last year) were better offenses.

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

No they didn't. The Vikings did not have a corner remotely approaching Revis. Nor did they have nearly the secondary the 2014 Pats had. They did not have  LB corp that was as stacked as when we had Collins and Hightower. And we had one of the best sack getting LB's in Chandler Jones. They were able to hold off Peyton Manning who was still playing at his 2013 MVP level with a better WR corp, and hold Rodgers who was having an MVP year and much better than any QB this year to a respectable game. 

Eagles ceiling against the 2014 Patriots defense is probably around 24-27 points. 

Again recency bias, the Eagles were not some all time historical offense. They weren't even the 2nd best offense we've seen in the last 5 seasons. 2013 Broncos and 2016 Falcons (just last year) were better offenses.

No we weren't, but were a team of destiny and it wouldn't have mattered who you put in front of us- we would have found a way to win. More proof to support my claim (We won the SB) than there is to support yours.

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

No we weren't, but were a team of destiny and it wouldn't have mattered who you put in front of us- we would have found a way to win. More proof to support my claim (We won the SB with multiple backups) than there is to support yours.

Just now, Jeezla said:

No we weren't, but were a team of destiny and it wouldn't have mattered who you put in front of us- we would have found a way to win. More proof to support my claim (We won the SB) than there is to support yours.

You might as well have said "I have no argument and I'm going to talk in platitudes so I can defend my team without having any real relevant points". Yes your team won the Super Bowl. My team won the Super Bowl on 5 separate occasions, all weren't equal and it's asinine to suggest that they were.

Also irrelevant argument, the 2014 Patriots were a Super Bowl winning team. Every team in this thread is a Super Bowl winning team. Every fan of every team could pull your silly "team of destiny card" and say nobody would have beat them that year. So it didn't even support your claim, it didn't even give you much leverage in this argument. 

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

You might as well have said "I have no argument and I'm going to talk in platitudes so I can defend my team without having any real relevant points". Yes your team won the Super Bowl. My team won the Super Bowl on 5 separate occasions, all weren't equal and it's asinine to suggest that they were.

Also irrelevant argument, the 2014 Patriots were a Super Bowl winning team. Every team in this thread is a Super Bowl winning team. Every fan of every team could pull your silly "team of destiny card" and say nobody would have beat them that year. So it didn't even support your claim, it didn't even give you much leverage in this argument. 

nobody has an argument unless you own a time machine and can transport these teams to play each other. Bottom line is the Eagles beat 3 teams they were projected to lose against. Team of destiny. Nobody could have stopped this Eagles team this year. Maybe if it wasn't the year of the dog, but if it's a dog year, this Eagles team is going to beat the Patriots.

21 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

nobody has an argument unless you own a time machine and can transport these teams to play each other. Bottom line is the Eagles beat 3 teams they were projected to lose against. Team of destiny. Nobody could have stopped this Eagles team this year. Maybe if it wasn't the year of the dog, but if it's a dog year, this Eagles team is going to beat the Patriots.

No you can make a legitimate argument instead of going "nah nah they won the Super Bowl so nobody would have beaten them". This team of destiny crap is nonsense fairy tail stuff that has no basis in reality. They were the best team this year. This year is not every year. 

28 minutes ago, lancerman said:

No you can make a legitimate argument instead of going "nah nah they won the Super Bowl so nobody would have beaten them". This team of destiny crap is nonsense fairy tail stuff that has no basis in reality. They were the best team this year. This year is not every year. 

There is no legitimate argument. We don't live in a fantasy land where teams from Christmas past can play teams from the present. Anything can happen on any given Sunday, including the Eagles beating the Patriots like they just did, or the Giants beating 18-0 Patriots.

Rough offseason for you. Lose the SB, now you're losing arguments on here left and right. 

31 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

There is no legitimate argument. We don't live in a fantasy land where teams from Christmas past can play teams from the present. Anything can happen on any given Sunday, including the Eagles beating the Patriots like they just did, or the Giants beating 18-0 Patriots.

Rough offseason for you. Lose the SB, now you're losing arguments on here left and right. 

I might have lost an argument if you actually made one. You didn’t, which shows the strength of your position. Enjoy the offseason. My team usually comes into the next year in the same position as always. So I’m not too concerned. 

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

You don’t have to be the 85 bears to slow down this eagles offense. Which is kind of the point you have been ignoring the last several pages of this thread. They got shut down the seahawks and chiefs WITH Carson wentz this season. Heck the falcons held them to 15 AT home in the divisional round and their defense this season is nothing special.

Youre attempting to make this Eagles team particularly the offensive line out to be some unstoppable unit that was destined to be in a shootout with any team they faced with zero evidence of this being true 

It’s a long season there are gonna be games where you perform below par. As you saw throughout the year those games are anomalies. The Jags defense had games where they didn’t perform well, doesn’t make them any lesser of a defense. You bringing up 2 or 3 games out of 19-20 isn’t really saying anything, just means they aren’t perfect.

They weren’t unstoppable, never said they were. I just see no reason why that even against a better defense than they faced in the SB they still wouldn’t score a tonne of points. That’s perfectly reasonable.

5 hours ago, lancerman said:

You don’t need to be the 1985 Bears to slow down the Eagles. You need a decent a pass rush (2014 Pats had that) a good run stop (pats had that) abs a strong secondary and linebacker Corp to match up with the Eagles weapons (pats had that). 

Vikings had that, they got destroyed. Broncos had that they got smashed. Both better defenses than the Pats and they got dominated. Arizona had that and they got victimised as well. Why you acting as if Eagles never encountered any of that?

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Vikings had that, they got destroyed. Broncos had that they got smashed. Both better defenses than the Pats and they got dominated. Arizona had that and they got victimised as well. Why you acting as if Eagles never encountered any of that?

They got destroyed because their QB crapped the bed and was turning the ball over. And no they didn’t have a secondary that featured a CB like Revis, they also didn’t have nearly the linebackers Corp. 

You’re making a no limits fallacy.  

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

It’s a long season there are gonna be games where you perform below par. As you saw throughout the year those games are anomalies. The Jags defense had games where they didn’t perform well, doesn’t make them any lesser of a defense. You bringing up 2 or 3 games out of 19-20 isn’t really saying anything, just means they aren’t perfect.

They weren’t unstoppable, never said they were. I just see no reason why that even against a better defense than they faced in the SB they still wouldn’t score a tonne of points. That’s perfectly reasonable.

The Vikings were a better defense than the Falcons, yet the Falcons only allowed 15 points to the Eagles offense.

Archived