• New England 2016/2017
    • Denver 2015/2016
    • New England 2014/2015
    • Seattle 2013/2014
    • Baltimore 2012/2013
    • New York 2011/2012
    • Green Bay 2010/2011
    • New Orleans 2009/2010

Even if you think that peak Foles at the Super Bowl wasn't better than what healthy Carson Wentz would have done, you have to remember that the Eagles were also playing without Jason Peters (starting LT, one of the best LTs in football), Jordan Hicks (the best LB on the Eagles), and Darren Sproles (certainly their best returner who was an impact player as a returner alone not to mention his impact as a weapon on offense).

Top to bottom, the Eagles have my vote. Quality of the Eagles roster this season was incredible. Starters were very talented. Depth at every position that actually had to show up and prove they had quality depth. 

Also, someone else posted this on twitter but can anyone name any team across any sport that won the championship in that season with their best player out due to injury?

On 2/9/2018 at 9:11 PM, Bolts223 said:

I think people remember the 2013 Seahawks as being so dominant mainly because they destroyed the Broncos so badly.

People forget that both the 49ers and Saints were driving with the ball in a 1-score game with under 2 minutes left in both playoff games.

Great team,  but I think people only really remember the Broncos SB and not the other two playoff games.

But that was a REALLY good 49ers team that had the talent to match up with them. The Saints team was one of the best 6th seeds you will ever see and the Seahawks were in control for the entire game. I think it was a shutout or close to one going into the 4th quarter. Seahawks faced a beast schedule of teams to win the SB. 11-5 Saints, 12-4 49ers and the 13-3 Broncos. Of course no team is going to be dominant in all those games. 

6 hours ago, RollEagles said:

Even if you think that peak Foles at the Super Bowl wasn't better than what healthy Carson Wentz would have done, you have to remember that the Eagles were also playing without Jason Peters (starting LT, one of the best LTs in football), Jordan Hicks (the best LB on the Eagles), and Darren Sproles (certainly their best returner who was an impact player as a returner alone not to mention his impact as a weapon on offense).

Top to bottom, the Eagles have my vote. Quality of the Eagles roster this season was incredible. Starters were very talented. Depth at every position that actually had to show up and prove they had quality depth. 

Also, someone else posted this on twitter but can anyone name any team across any sport that won the championship in that season with their best player out due to injury?

I mean he's not their best player, but it's worth noting that the 2016 Patriots won the SB with Gronk out the entire postseason. 

18 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I mean he's not their best player, but it's worth noting that the 2016 Patriots won the SB with Gronk out the entire postseason. 

Oh Gronk is definitley their best offensive skill player and it's well noted that Brady's stats have been very different with and without Gronk in the line up. There's a reason against Philadelphia  this year and Denver in 2015 when they really needed points they started spamming Gronk. Aside from Brady he is easily their most impactful player.

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But that was a REALLY good 49ers team that had the talent to match up with them. The Saints team was one of the best 6th seeds you will ever see and the Seahawks were in control for the entire game. I think it was a shutout or close to one going into the 4th quarter. Seahawks faced a beast schedule of teams to win the SB. 11-5 Saints, 12-4 49ers and the 13-3 Broncos. Of course no team is going to be dominant in all those games. 

They were a really good team but I kind of compare the 2015 Denver Broncos and the 2013 Seahawks. They were clearly dominant teams, but the teams that were really dominating the NFL that year were the 2013 Broncos and 2015 Panthers. Like I know a lot of people are high on the Denver defense, but their offense was atrocious. Like they were struggling against teams like Browns. Seattle wasn't as much, but it's kind of clear that a lot of their perception nowadays is based off the Super Bowl result. 

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Oh Gronk is definitley their best offensive skill player and it's well noted that Brady's stats have been very different with and without Gronk in the line up. There's a reason against Philadelphia  this year and Denver in 2015 when they really needed points they started spamming Gronk. Aside from Brady he is easily their most impactful player.

Oh I know that. I guess what I'm saying is that Brady is clearly the most-valuable player to that team, Gronk is #2.

2013 Seahawks.

Those 2013 Hawks were a complete team that dominated the regular season, and then won easily in the divisional round and of course in the SB. Most impressive resume on paper, and if you look at their team you'll see a very talented squad. Offense had a top 5 RB in Lynch, a very strong group of WRs (very strong in hindsight, at least), very good and unique QB in Wilson, and then that amazing defense which completely DOMINATED a historically good offense in the Broncos.

Next would be the 2017 Eagles going by that same criteria, but if we're talking more head to head, specifically in their SB forms, I think the 2010 Packers were a superior team to the Eagles. They had the talent to dominate the regular season (which I think they proved in their follow up campaign where they went 15-1) but just didn't get things firing and lost a ton of close games until the playoffs.

19 hours ago, RollEagles said:

Portugal won the Euro 2016 final with their only world class player being injured very early in the game. 

Was a lot of luck though. The wind just blew in the right direction on the day.

13 hours ago, lancerman said:

They were a really good team but I kind of compare the 2015 Denver Broncos and the 2013 Seahawks. They were clearly dominant teams, but the teams that were really dominating the NFL that year were the 2013 Broncos and 2015 Panthers. Like I know a lot of people are high on the Denver defense, but their offense was atrocious. Like they were struggling against teams like Browns. Seattle wasn't as much, but it's kind of clear that a lot of their perception nowadays is based off the Super Bowl result. 

How were dominating the league in 2013 as opposed to the Seahawks? Because they were doing it with offense while Seattle with defense?

On 2/11/2018 at 10:06 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

2013 Seahawks.

Those 2013 Hawks were a complete team that dominated the regular season, and then won easily in the divisional round and of course in the SB. Most impressive resume on paper, and if you look at their team you'll see a very talented squad. Offense had a top 5 RB in Lynch, a very strong group of WRs (very strong in hindsight, at least), very good and unique QB in Wilson, and then that amazing defense which completely DOMINATED a historically good offense in the Broncos.

Next would be the 2017 Eagles going by that same criteria, but if we're talking more head to head, specifically in their SB forms, I think the 2010 Packers were a superior team to the Eagles. They had the talent to dominate the regular season (which I think they proved in their follow up campaign where they went 15-1) but just didn't get things firing and lost a ton of close games until the playoffs.

How did they easily win the divisional round when the saints where driving with a chance to tie the game on the final drive?l

1 minute ago, CP3MVP said:

The 2016 Patriots had the best record of SB champion and the highest point differential. That’s with the starting qb missing the first four games. They were dominating teams all season. 

Also I don’t think there is a team on this list besides them that had the skill to pull off that comeback if they got in that position 

2013 Seattly by far

2009 Saints

2017 Eagles

2010 Packers

2015 Broncos

2012 Ravens

2016 Patriots 

2014 Patriots

2011 Giants

2011 Giants were not that good at all honestly. Hot in the playoffs. 

2014/2016 Patriots both had a cupcake schedule, and an easy path in the playoffs both years as well. 

Archived