• Denver 2015/2016
    • New England 2014/2015
    • Seattle 2013/2014
    • Baltimore 2012/2013
    • New York 2011/2012
    • Green Bay 2010/2011
    • New Orleans 2009/2010

Just now, lancerman said:

Falcons defense got better as the year went on. They basically shutdown Aaron Rodgers the week before (if we are using single games as evidence). Grady Jarrett got hot towards the end of the year. 

It was still nowhere even close to a 2013 Seattle squad is my point.

Just now, Nzd07 said:

Again, you can't discredit a defense because their quarterback didn't suck. Not even going to debate this because it's dumb.

That's fine. I'm just using the Broncos defense as a comparable benchmark to the 2013 Seahawks. I can see the arguments for as to why both was better, but my point is that Brady under horrible circumstances still managed to move the ball on the Broncos defense that year.

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

You really have to look at the context of that. Brady went into the season losing Wes Welker who was his best and most reliable WR for the better part of a decade. Hernandez killed someone and was cut before the season started. Gronk spent most of the year on IR. Tom Brady went into that season with the 3 primary receiving targets of the last year out. Then consider that Amedola really hadn't found his place on the offense yet and Edelman was just starting to emerge. Also the Thompkins and Dobson experiments were still going on. Then on the running side you had Ridley as the starter who was so bad he got benched for fumbling. 

Then realize that year Brady had one of his worst years statistically and gave the organization such pause that they drafted a potential replacement for him the next off season. 

He was talking about in 2015 vs the Broncos. Just FYI.

8 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

He was talking about in 2015 vs the Broncos. Just FYI.

Eh, game basically came down to a missed a PAT. The game in the regular season basically came down to a muffed punt. It wasn't like the Broncos ran away with it or anything.

Realistically if you take the 2013 Seahawks vs the 2016 or 2014 Patriots I give a slight advantage to whoever the home team is and I make it a toss up on a neutral site.

14 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I wouldn't expect the 2013 Seahawks offense to get a 28-3 lead. Atlanta was an historic offense, the 2013 Seahawks were a good but far from spectacular offense.

Also: Brady already has proven he can beat the Seahawks defense, the 2014 Seahawks were basically the same team as the 2013 Seahawks were. The 2016 Patriots were a superior variant of the 2014 Patriots.

You mean the banged up, injured Seahawks defense? 

1 hour ago, oksterling said:

The team that won it all witha backup qb and a bunch of injuries is hard to choose over. Imagine if they were healthy.

I mean Nick Foles had a Flacco like performance in both the AFC Championship and Super Bowl.

You could honestly make the argument that Foles played better than Wentz probably would have in the playoffs.

Not saying I think Foles is the better QB, just that it was a Flacco-esque postseason performance.

12 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I mean Nick Foles had a Flacco like performance in both the AFC Championship and Super Bowl.

You could honestly make the argument that Foles played better than Wentz probably would have in the playoffs.

Not saying I think Foles is the better QB, just that it was a Flacco-esque postseason performance.

You could make the argument yes, but let's not act like Wentz wasn't having a 33-7 type year/ MVP Candidate and capable too. He could of easily done the same!

Then add Peters, Sproles, Hicks, Maragos. 

Yes there defenitly in the discussion having a Top 5 Offense and Top 5 Defense at the same time. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

You could make the argument yes, but let's not act like Wentz wasn't having a 33-7 type year/ MVP Candidate and capable too. He could of easily done the same!

Then add Peters, Sproles, Hicks, Maragos. 

Yes there defenitly in the discussion having a stop 5 Offense and Top 5 Defense at the same time. 

The thing is you can't really argue that Wentz was likely to play substantially better in the playoffs. Foles played about as good as any QB would be expected too.

Just now, lancerman said:

The thing is you can't really argue that Wentz was likely to play substantially better in the playoffs. Foles played about as good as any QB would be expected too.

Sure I can. We're not talking about Eli sucking for most of the 2007 Season only to go on his magical Playoff run.

We're talking about a QB playing at a MVP level the ENTIRE season until his injury "possibly" doing the same. It's not far fetched at all.

It be the equivalent of say Garropolo winning the SB as  the Patriots Backup, but Tom Brady couldn't of recreated the same magic/success. They both were playing that well.

Not to take anything away from how Special Foles played one bit.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Sure I can. We're not talking about Eli sucking for most of the 2007 Season only to go on his magical Playoff run.

We're talking about a QB playing at a MVP level the ENTIRE season until his injury "possibly" doing the same. It's not far fetched at all.

It be the equivalent of say Garropolo winning the SB as  the Patriots Backup, but Tom Brady couldn't of recreated the same magic/success. They both were playing that well.

Not to take anything away from how Special Foles played one bit.

No it is far fetched. 

Wentz had a 101 passer rating for the season against a wider variety of opponents. Foles had a 115 for the playoffs against a smaller concentration of better opponents.

Wentz averaged 2.5TD passes a game over his 13 games. Foles averaged 2 against with two of his games being against top 5 ppg defenses. 

Wentz had a 60.2% completion percentage in the regular season. Foles had a 72.6% completion percentage in the playoffs. 

Wentz averaged 252.5 yards a game in the regular season. Foles averaged 323.6 yards per game in the playoffs. 

Wentz had a 7.5 yards per average in the regular season. Foles has a 9.2 yards per average in the playoff.

Wentz averaged 20 completions per game in the regular season. Foles averaged 25 completions per game 

Foles finished in the top 13 in yards, top 25 in passer rating, for a single season playoff run all time. 

It's kind of ridiculous to say you expected Wentz to have a much better performance or to say that his play in any way limited your chances of winning. If anything his play took everyone by surprise and made your odds of winning even better. Brady was the actual MVP and while Brady outperformed him in completions, TD's, and INT's, Foles was actually more efficient in the playoffs with a higher passer rating and Y/A. So Brady was the best bulk performer in the playoffs and Foles was the best efficiency performer.

You couldn't have realistically asked for a QB to do anymore for you than Foles did. So when you say "the Eagles won with their back up", it's misleading. The team didn't carry Foles. 

Archived