We built this city on your hot takes!!!!!!! (Bad Hot Takes Game)

Blahstoise

8 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Those are too nice to be me.

Actually, pleasantly surprised by my level headedness upon us signing Nick Foles:

Say what you want about Daniel, but Howie botched the whole QB situation pretty hard last year. Fortunately, most of it panned out, but this is a side effect of a lot over-promising and poor contract management. 

It's great we got Wentz out of it, but if Bridgewater didn't get hurt, we'd have been stuck with both Bradford's and Daniel's contracts and possibly never would've seen Wentz play a down last year. He promised a lot of guys starting jobs or at least competition for a starting job, although there clearly wasn't much of one (Wentz played what? one preseason game). People can cite Daniel's contract as a reason to say shutup, but I'm sure the reason he signed here was because he thought he'd get a real crack at being a starting QB. I don't think he's a starter in the NFL anyway, but let's be real, there was no competition here from the day Wentz was drafted. 

Now we're on the hook for the massive overpayment that we gave him in free agency to get one of Doug's guys, and saddled with a pretty bad backup contract for Nick Foles as well (although more reasonable for a backup at least). This is costing us players like Bennie Logan, which is the worst part about it.

Chase Daniel is an awful excuse for a QB. I'm not thrilled about signing Foles, but he's certainly an upgrade from Daniel.

Archived