General Final Fantasy Thread

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Man you grinded. I'm at Junon but I'm at a stall from a loss of free time. I agree with your assessment. 

Wife has been in Jackson Hole the last week so it's been a bachelor week. This has been a priority lol. She gets back tomorrow so I'll slow down to my normal pace then. I need this to last me until August when Black Myth: Wukong is released. I think I can do it bc I'm doing everything except three piano stuff is meh 

20 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The music of this game might be the best of any FF game and it's not close. It's all over the place based on what you're doing and so well done. The merc music with Kyrie in Junon is just so..... happy lol

I'm 20 hours in and about 75% done with Junon and it's top 5 of the series already and will likely be the second best when it's all said and done. It'll be hard to beat 3/6. Very hard.

I literally only have one gripe and it's that I'm so sick of Chadley chiming in almost every time I take care of something. Nerd needs to go away

Bow wow wow, Bow wow wow

200+ hours in, only Hard Mode manuscript completion to get the Platinum.  Yes, I love the game that much - I've never done Platinum on any game - didn't even do the same version on FFVII OG when I was a uni student.   

The VR challenges (The last 3 Brutal challenges, Cloud's solo & Legendary's Bonds of Friendship nearly ended my will to live) the sit-up & piano & 3D Brawler challenge all crushed me.   I will end up putting 160+ hours on the challenges & Hard Mode because, well, I suck at quick-twitch.  But I love the game that much.   Playing all the different versions of Chapter 12 was so much fun.   And doing Hard Mode AFTER doing the VR challenges, seems like a victory lap.

GOAT FF game for me now...which is saying something (and how much I loved FFVI & Chrono Trigger).  And yes, above Last of Us / GOW: Ragnarok / Mass Effect 2.   The crazy part is that unlike 4-5 of those games, this has flaws - but the highs are just THAT much higher. 

On 5/2/2024 at 11:08 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Never once thought that

Basically, to me when it's dark environments (night, shadows) it's hard to make out shapes. 

Also it takes a second for the game to "turn on" the lighting in those dark places so you can actually see things.

3 hours ago, General Tso said:

Basically, to me when it's dark environments (night, shadows) it's hard to make out shapes. 

Also it takes a second for the game to "turn on" the lighting in those dark places so you can actually see things.

Maybe adjust the brightness levels of your game.  I dunno. I unfortunately dont' have that issue. Might be a TV issue as well. I also didn't know there was a day/night cycle lol. I was hoping we'd get one but Junon and the Grasslands don't have one. Just got to Casa and there were sunsets in cut scenes so maybe we'll get there. I'm going back to Junon to finish everything there first so won't find out until later.