General Final Fantasy Thread

9 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

This Bahamut sequence has been excellent. The fight was intense and the backstory that lead into it was great!! This game isn't the best but it's in the top 3rd of the series and I don't feel like I'm close to being done yet. I'm sure it'll move up in that timeframe 

Yessir!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2023 at 10:16 AM, MikeT14 said:

I'm on the final two chapters. I really loved it to start, but it's been a slower crawl to the finish. That Bahamut sequence was great though. 

I haven't dug too deep to know how far I am in the game. I hope I'm not that close to the end but I've heard the game is short so who knows....

Some side stuff has been fun though. Beat my first timed trial w/ Titan's abilities. Played another random one w/ Bahamut but that's still a fairly new Eikon to me so I haven't used his abilities too much. Didn't do too well there lol.

53 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I haven't dug too deep to know how far I am in the game. I hope I'm not that close to the end but I've heard the game is short so who knows....

Some side stuff has been fun though. Beat my first timed trial w/ Titan's abilities. Played another random one w/ Bahamut but that's still a fairly new Eikon to me so I haven't used his abilities too much. Didn't do too well there lol.

they just released a paid DLC last night!

12 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

Somehow it's been riding this hype for like 2 decades and still delivering. Absolutely cannot wait for rebirth.

It just looks so damn good. My expectations are through the roof. I'll be disappointed if it's not true open world but if it's FFXVI type of open world, that will work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

I'm definitely not ready for this to suck.   

I'm not sure it's possible based on what I've seen. Sheesh. The linear world of the first was a change but even then it was still a ton of fun. Have to feel this one will be a little different ala FFXVI. There's just too much with this segment of the original to keep it so linear

Yeah, this game will 100% be amazing. There's no way it can't be now that I have this info (not sure if it was already known or not)

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2023/12/20/how-square-enix-is-filling-rebirths-world-with-sidequests

"Seeing that Remake is set in the world of Midgar, in which the player can explore within that area, we leaned heavily on story elements and were focused on a more narrative-driven game for Remake," director Naoki Hamaguchi says. "Now that we're entering into the outside world and going forward in that direction, I have this desire to depict more of that feeling of exploration, and I very much feel that this was able to be accomplished for Rebirth.

While you're exploring, you should plan on having the opportunity to enjoy a ton of side content. Hamaguchi estimates that approximately 80 percent of Rebirth's exploration-based content is side content, while the mainline story makes up the remaining 20 percent. If that makes you worry that Rebirth lacks story content, Hamaguchi says you can relax; even simply focusing on the main storyline, he estimates it will give players around 40 hours of gameplay. Meanwhile, if you tackle a decent amount of side content, players can expect to spend around 60 hours in Rebirth, while the most dedicated sidequesters can look forward to upwards of 100 hours of content."

• 2 weeks later...

16 is just so strange to me. 

Great combat, great map, great characters, as well as impeccable cinematics, music, and graphics..... at times. 

This is the greatest, laziest game I've ever played. 

Anything that isn't cinematic is so lazy. The still backdrop to the animated person is very Return to Zork for me.... I really hope people played that game back then. It was awesome lol. There's never night time. Many other things as well

Everything else is just so good. It's weird to me to feel both ways about the same game. 

Just got access to Origin so we'll see what happens then