BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I get the idea of it being easier and saving time by not listing as many but if you're browsing for free agents, then you are missing a lot of them because they aren't listed.

Take a look at this listing, the first section is what you guys are currently using the second is what I've created.  Basically just looking at this list to make sure that the names are matched up correctly with the hyperlinked information.  Once we're good with this I'll remove all the duplicated data.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iWOj2ZcVp8cRHwJP-UOfT7V1E_n1Xb_aWsj0Gv9h5uQ/edit?usp=sharing

Ali Marpet is on the NL and on Orlando at same time.

10 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I get the idea of it being easier and saving time by not listing as many but if you're browsing for free agents, then you are missing a lot of them because they aren't listed.

Take a look at this listing, the first section is what you guys are currently using the second is what I've created.  Basically just looking at this list to make sure that the names are matched up correctly with the hyperlinked information.  Once we're good with this I'll remove all the duplicated data.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iWOj2ZcVp8cRHwJP-UOfT7V1E_n1Xb_aWsj0Gv9h5uQ/edit?usp=sharing

the people we aren't listing are generally special teamers and strict backups

• Like 1

So does anyone know how to trouble shoot computers.

Its shutting down without warning.  It'll run for about 20 minutes before it does.

The processor fan is running but not 100% if the video card fan is running.

I'm thinking it is shutting down because its getting hot.  

Does this sound likely or something else?

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Its shutting down without warning.  It'll run for about 20 minutes before it does.

I'm NOT big computer guy, but I've had my share of problems with them and anytime a computer was shutting off on it's own it was because of overheating.

12 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I'm NOT big computer guy, but I've had my share of problems with them and anytime a computer was shutting off on it's own it was because of overheating.

Yup...i pulled the card and the fan is locked up.  Damn.  It had to be the most expensive part to go bad.

I'm out of commish until early Jan.

This sucks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Yup...i pulled the card and the fan is locked up.  Damn.  It had to be the most expensive part to go bad.

I'm out of commish until early Jan.

This sucks.

Boooooo that sucks. Video card fans are fairly cheap, you might be able to find a youtube video on how to replace it yourself.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Boooooo that sucks. Video card fans are fairly cheap, you might be able to find a youtube video on how to replace it yourself.

Never tried it.  Will look into it.

Bad freaking week.  Truck had issues a couple days ago too.  

This makes three so I'm passing this fabulous luck to someone else.

• Like 1

I'd bet on the fan *2 posts later* nevermind.

I nominate Rags.

Depending on your computer you might just want to have someone professional do it, I can't tell you how many times I've had people try to fix their computer from a youtube video only to accidentally pull out the wrong thing. 

Then again if it's just the video card fan, should be a relatively easy fix depending on your card. 

28 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I'd bet on the fan *2 posts later* nevermind.

I nominate Rags.

Depending on your computer you might just want to have someone professional do it, I can't tell you how many times I've had people try to fix their computer from a youtube video only to accidentally pull out the wrong thing. 

Then again if it's just the video card fan, should be a relatively easy fix depending on your card. 

I did find a replacement fan for like 14 bucks, so I'll give that a go.  If that doesn't work then I found a decent graphics card for a little over 200, I was originally thinking it would cost a grand but not nearly as bad as I thought.

I shouldn't be without the desktop much longer as that is the machine I do all my excel stuff on so I gotta get it fixed and soon.

• Like 1