BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

you'd have to ask the eagles

the man literally said, himself, he hurt it thursday

He said it after the game. My knowledge isn’t vast enough to know and it wasn’t serious enough for Philadelphia to mention it on their injury report.

Long story short, how the hell am I supposed to be responsible for that? 

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

never said you were at fault.  why i wasn't gonna even bring it up til you started this mosely nonsense

It’s a moot point. But noted nonetheless. As stated I am only significantly factoring injuries when someone is listed as hurt then leaves the game early bc the same issue they were listed with. Otherwise the variables are too strong.

Edited by MD4L
Spell Check on IPhone is lol sometimes

When reading some of these game plans and I'm guilty myself we talk about the safeties playing deep in cover 2 to prevent anything from getting past them and then when covering the run, they magically appear at the line of scrimmage to stuff the run.

Some of these writeups are so extensively written in an attempt to cover every possible game plan that their opponent might throw at them.  These quickly become cluttered and difficult to read, because certain positions are playing all over the field.  Would be great if we could reduce the game plans to say 600 words.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

When reading some of these game plans and I'm guilty myself we talk about the safeties playing deep in cover 2 to prevent anything from getting past them and then when covering the run, they magically appear at the line of scrimmage to stuff the run.

Some of these writeups are so extensively written in an attempt to cover every possible game plan that their opponent might throw at them.  These quickly become cluttered and difficult to read, because certain positions are playing all over the field.  Would be great if we could reduce the game plans to say 600 words.

Agreed. I try to just highlight the most important parts of my gameplan

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Agreed. I try to just highlight the most important parts of my gameplan

I think that's what it should be.  A summary of your game plan, not every snap.

I just finished reading one with a word count of over 1,300 that read like an algorithm of if statements.   It's just too much imo and the real game plan is shadowed by a plan solely predicated on if the play is a pass or a run, which is something you can't predict accurately enough to have success 100% of the time.  Which then just starts sounding like you've got players running all over the field either casing man coverages or subbing players so much that the team would be caught with more than 11 on the field more often than not.   

• Like 1

Or maybe even implement a template for creating the game plan that contained sections to state your base offense and defense schemes, if you plan to focus on running or passing, if your defense is focused on stopping the run or the pass.  Include the offense game plan no more than 300 words and the defense game plan again no more than 300 words.  This is just a spit ball but I think something the leads should review for future years.

4 hours ago, MD4L said:

I’ll go get a QB for a better team. Tannehill and Fitzpatrick are available so they’ll dramatically improve guys like Kelvin Benjamin and Jack Doyle. Just like freaking reality.

Kelvin has been weak no matter who is QB is though. The guy drops a lot of balls 

• Like 1

Orlando is in search of a edge rusher, preferably one that can play either down lineman at DE or upright at linebacker.  Cap is a concern for us so finding a trading partner and player is going to be tough, but we are willing to move additional players to free up cap, but the value needs to be right on both sides.

Kansas City's TD maker....Patrick Mahomes II is on the TRADE BLOCK

CAREER STATSMORE
Season Team   Passing Rushing Fumbles
  G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
2018 Kansas City Chiefs 2 2 38 55 69.1 582 10.6 10 0 2 4 143.3 10 39 3.9 0 1 0