BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

Okay. I can't argue with that.

Maybe I should of looked deeper into the season to see if he played other positions as I just looked at the first one in the archive listing, which was december I think.  Because that was the only month he was listed at DE...lol.

• Like 1

lmao that was so unexpected.

Also I'm not too enamored with Ogbah & Bosa at DE in a 3-4. Bosa's the perfect power end in a 4-3 and Ogbah hasn't really played 3-4 DE much. I can see them kicking inside on later downs, sure, but full-time they can't really hold up. 275/280 lbs at their respective heights and they'll lose leverage battle too often. Guys like Donald who are insanely strong and are on the shorter side at 6'1 can do it given the stockier build, but not Bosa at 6'6' 280 or Ogbah 6'4 270. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

lmao that was so unexpected.

Also I'm not too enamored with Ogbah & Bosa at DE in a 3-4. Bosa's the perfect power end in a 4-3 and Ogbah hasn't really played 3-4 DE much. I can see them kicking inside on later downs, sure, but full-time they can't really hold up. 275/280 lbs at their respective heights and they'll lose leverage battle too often. Guys like Donald who are insanely strong and are on the shorter side at 6'1 can do it given the stockier build, but not Bosa at 6'6' 280 or Ogbah 6'4 270. 

Thats cool...I'll accept the Ogbah moving to INT.  Still feel that Bosa can do it but I'll keep them both at edge.

Edited by ny92mike

Part of the wish to move, mainly Bosa to INT is that I've noticed the 34 defense doesn't get a ton of love in this sim.  INT ends not named Aaron Donald don't get much love.  Moving back to a 43 D is likely what I'll do.  Either keeping TJ Watt as a strong side backer or moving him down to DE, I think he's a little small for it but I've seen others around that size having success, like Melvin Ingram.  What do you think?

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Part of the wish to move, mainly Bosa to INT is that I've noticed the 34 defense doesn't get a ton of love in this sim.  INT ends not named Aaron Donald don't get much love.  Moving back to a 43 D is likely what I'll do.  Either keeping TJ Watt as a strong side backer or moving him down to DE, I think he's a little small for it but I've seen others around that size having success, like Melvin Ingram.  What do you think?

Go with a 4-3 the main reason most people don't use a 3-4 is nickel defenses and 4-3 is infinitely easier to plug players into.