BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

100% extension (all year long): You can extend an unlocked player at 100% of his IRL salary as long as it doesn’t decrease his BDL salary. 

Can I get some clarification by one of you wise veterans.

For Jason Kelce, he's listed as an UFA for me. However, he currently has a contract in place through 2020. Does this mean I can simply offer him a 3 year extension at $6,500 per year?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/jason-kelce-7910/

His contract pays him $6 mil in 2018, $6.5 mil in 2019, and $7 mil in 2020. Would my contract have to match those exact sums per season or would I just do the average of the 3? 

I guess my confusion is what exactly constitutes an 'unlocked' player, and whether Kelce qualifies for the above scenario.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I remember when LeSean McCoy was traded cuz he didn't fit Chip Kelly's offense. Wonder how that worked out for each of them.

He fits Chips offense just fine. He had a career year with Chip in 2013. Chip just hated him because he's not a company man/mindless soldier that he wanted.

Hell, Chip Kelly made Jason Peters quit on him. Peters is the ultimate team player. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

100% extension (all year long): You can extend an unlocked player at 100% of his IRL salary as long as it doesn’t decrease his BDL salary. 

Can I get some clarification by one of you wise veterans.

For Jason Kelce, he's listed as an UFA for me. However, he currently has a contract in place through 2020. Does this mean I can simply offer him a 3 year extension at $6,500 per year?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/jason-kelce-7910/

His contract pays him $6 mil in 2018, $6.5 mil in 2019, and $7 mil in 2020. Would my contract have to match those exact sums per season or would I just do the average of the 3? 

I guess my confusion is what exactly constitutes an 'unlocked' player, and whether Kelce qualifies for the above scenario.

You can't extend someone who doesn't currently have a contract with you. He'd be a 3 up. 

edit: To 3 up Kelce, it would cost you around 5,300/year for 3 year.

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Don't let Whicker come at you like that. 

Say something about his gambling addiction or random emotional outbursts.

I like how this is the first post I read after I get done dumping $1000 in about 30 minutes. Maybe you're on to something haha 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I like how this is the first post I read after I get done dumping $1000 in about 30 minutes. Maybe you're on to something haha 

I'd like to come watch you work one day. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jlash said:

With that contract you're gonna have to give him away Portland style. 

Eh Rivers is as good as Brees at this point, I'll wait it out. and hope a starting QB dies

8 hours ago, Jlash said:

We have to watch Dingo's budget shopping for great deals week though aka RFA. 

You don't have to worry about me digging through your RFA dumpster.