Civilization Mafia - GAME OVER - Barbarians win!

Whicker

In “A Scandal in Bohemia,” Holmes instructs Watson on the difference between seeing and observing:

“When I hear you give your reasons,” I remarked, “the thing always appears to me to be so ridiculously simple that I could easily do it myself, though at each successive instance of your reasoning, I am baffled until you explain your process. And yet I believe that my eyes are as good as yours.”

“Quite so,” he answered, lighting a cigarette, and throwing himself down into an armchair. “You see, but you do not observe. The distinction is clear. For example, you have frequently seen the steps which lead up from the hall to this room.”

“Frequently.”

“How often?”

“Well, some hundreds of times.”

“Then how many are there?”

“How many? I don't know.”

“Quite so! You have not observed. And yet you have seen. That is just my point. Now, I know that there are seventeen steps, because I have both seen and observed.”

If there's one thing I've noticed over the course of the last several games, it's that far too many people see, like tk3, but do not observe.

On 2/13/2018 at 7:35 PM, LetTheBallFly said:

What's up with Ruskie today. I think the previous 4 games combined doesn't come close to the amount of posts he has had today

On 2/13/2018 at 7:45 PM, LetTheBallFly said:

I' not sure what Ruskie is doing.....but Ruskie

On 2/13/2018 at 9:37 PM, LetTheBallFly said:

It does seem too easy. I can never understand what Ruskie is doing or saying though 

22 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

Yea, still don’t care about the etmaniacs .....

tho I do think mookie is a better vote than ruskie.

21 hours ago, MD4L said:

I'm stickingnwith mookie barring someone bringing a better case on someone.

21 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Is the only rationale on a Mookie vote that he voted Ruskie for the "wrong reasons"?

So right after we picks arts yesterday, tk3, bucs, pees, gopher, FJ, ET, LTBF, ksj, UA, and md4l all voted for Ruskie within the next few hours.  Most with little to no comment.

When the mookie lynch got going, FJ, ET, gopher, md4l, bucs, and dome voted for him and gave no reasoning.

I actually think that because scum knew that mookie was going to flip town, they went out of their way to make sure that they commented.  Because the voting without reasoning has been harped on so much recently, they wanted to make sure they didn't stand out that way.  

These are a few of the comments explaining or talking about their votes that stood out to me as forced.  Like, they didn't want to vote without saying anything, but the reactions seem like they felt they had to say something, but didn't know what to say because they knew how the result would turn out.

The LTBF reaction regarding Ruskie is the best example of this.  The others could go either way, but his stood out as expecting Ruskie to flip town and he wanted to give himself an excuse when that happened.

52 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

Not sure I like everyone going back onto Ruskie. We need to focus on the voters on Mookie imo. With 10 votes and a late push I really feel there was a Mafia or 2 in there.

I didn't see this one when I posted, but again it feels like scum preparing to do some hand wringing assuming ruskie flips town.  

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Look. If we want to play the game, I'm all for playing the game. But even the host is bothered by the lack of activity in this game. What I typed on my opening post after the game was formally launched effectively started the timer on my head. It was only a matter of time before I'd die, staying alive to the end of the game wasn't the primary goal.

Unfortunately, I whiffed... in anticipating how much activity there would be. It is what it is.

I agree the lack of activity is disconcerting.

But whining about general lack of activity doesn't help. Keep being active and hope people follow that cue.

The general structure of the game with non-lynch voting phases makes it drag a little too. The whole construct of the game without those decision phases would probably be a smoother concept, although I appreciate the effort in trying something new.

20 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

All right. I want to know which of you savages took my Pyramids. And I want to know now.

This is a joke post, right?

You didn't actually go for Pyramids, did you? And you're not really claiming that someone else got it ahead of you?

I'm sorry all. I'm a terrible son and forgot that today is my mom's birthday. I will be spending the rest of the afternoon and early evening with her. If someone could throw up a vote count in a while it would be much appreciated. I'll be back a couple hours before deadline

17 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

So right after we picks arts yesterday, tk3, bucs, pees, gopher, FJ, ET, LTBF, ksj, UA, and md4l all voted for Ruskie within the next few hours.  Most with little to no comment.

When the mookie lynch got going, FJ, ET, gopher, md4l, bucs, and dome voted for him and gave no reasoning.

I actually think that because scum knew that mookie was going to flip town, they went out of their way to make sure that they commented.  Because the voting without reasoning has been harped on so much recently, they wanted to make sure they didn't stand out that way.  

These are a few of the comments explaining or talking about their votes that stood out to me as forced.  Like, they didn't want to vote without saying anything, but the reactions seem like they felt they had to say something, but didn't know what to say because they knew how the result would turn out.

The LTBF reaction regarding Ruskie is the best example of this.  The others could go either way, but his stood out as expecting Ruskie to flip town and he wanted to give himself an excuse when that happened.

Good analysis. FJ/ET/Gopher/MD4L jump out at me as the real BW followers this game.

Also, still VERY concerned with Raves, who sarcastically self voted based on very minimal pressure, and then planted on Mookie as it happened (odd that you omitted him from your analysis)

Just now, Tk3 said:

Good analysis. FJ/ET/Gopher/MD4L jump out at me as the real BW followers this game.

Also, still VERY concerned with Raves, who sarcastically self voted based on very minimal pressure, and then planted on Mookie as it happened (odd that you omitted him from your analysis)

I was looking more for people in the early-middle stage of the lynches where scum is more likely to slip in.  But I very well may have missed his.  

11 minutes ago, Tk3 said:
20 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

All right. I want to know which of you savages took my Pyramids. And I want to know now.

This is a joke post, right?

You didn't actually go for Pyramids, did you? And you're not really claiming that someone else got it ahead of you?

I can assure you, good sir, that I made my intentions clear on day 1 which wonder I felt was most OP (hint hint hint hint hint hint hint), I attempted to build it because, circling back to my previous statement of knowing I had a time limit on my longevity based on my initial opening remark, and was disappointed to find out that yes, someone else did build it before I could.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

At this point, with the level of activity from everyone, this game is basically dead. There's no point in attempting any sort of discussion or debate or fact finding when you have people who show up, throw up a line or two at most with an easy vote and then dip. I can accept the fact that I get lynched. I would hope that it helps provide information for the town. But given the level of interest and discussion, I have little faith in that information even gets discussed.

My Nostradamus moment:

I get lynched, revealed to be town, tk3 questions why a civ would do what I did, everyone continues to ignore Buc's posting habits, and then nothing is ever looked back or analyzed as to why I did what I did, and the mafia continue to slide under the radar and win the game.

When you generate hundreds of pages of thread, there are hints, clues, and patterns that give away what a player's motives are. When everyone just hops on the easiest bandwagon and contributes 3 lines of dialogue the whole day, there's virtually nothing to go off of. You might as well just play Russian Roulette with who to lynch next and have probably better odds of finding mafia.

I've said my piece. Ya'll want to lynch me, go ahead. I have no role at this time, and I frankly do not care if no one else seems to. Sorry whicker that your game ended up like this man. It was an interesting concept.

Bucs has been up their on my radar for a bit.  Why concede yourself as the lynch instead of pushing one of your reads, especially since some others have had the similar reads.....

Archived