RB opinionated by B Mitch

LoganF89

2 hours ago, 4209 said:

Maybe it's not the RB,  should we be looking at Gruden RG schemes and  execution, especially his power running plays. I've always liked the RG schemes of Mike Shanahan and Joe Gibbs offenses. They understand the important's of having some kind of power RG mixed in their balance attack. He's been here 4 yrs and still has a very weak RG. Maybe it's the blocking scheme or maybe we need better OL, or maybe Gruden is to damm impatient with the RG. I haven't been my finger on it yet but there's something wrong with Gruden RG.

Perine is OU all time leading rusher. He's no slouch. Image him in Shanahan or Gibbs offense. Some coach's have running schemes that are so good it makes an average RB look elite. 

I agree that Gruden gives up on the run too quickly.  For a running game to work you have to stick with it.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I agree that Gruden gives up on the run too quickly.  For a running game to work you have to stick with it.  

For me, I don’t think Gruden gives up on the run, as much as he just calls the wrong run plays at the wrong times. It was the same thing with Sean McVay. If every time you want to run the ball, you do it on second down and run an outside zone/draw, teams can key on it. 

There is no “catching them off guard” calls or effective running plays. Where is the counter trey when we need it?

21 hours ago, 4209 said:

Maybe it's not the RB,  should we be looking at Gruden RG schemes and  execution, especially his power running plays. I've always liked the RG schemes of Mike Shanahan and Joe Gibbs offenses. They understand the important's of having some kind of power RG mixed in their balance attack. He's been here 4 yrs and still has a very weak RG. Maybe it's the blocking scheme or maybe we need better OL, or maybe Gruden is to damm impatient with the RG. I haven't been my finger on it yet but there's something wrong with Gruden RG.

Perine is OU all time leading rusher. He's no slouch. Image him in Shanahan or Gibbs offense. Some coach's have running schemes that are so good it makes an average RB look elite. 

The running game scheme does need to be improved. Remind me of who the run game coordinator is again?

Oh yeah, that’s Callahan.

Doug Martin - RB -  Free Agent

Bucs released Doug Martin.

This move, which saves Tampa Bay $6.75 million against the cap, was fully expected following two seasons marred by injury, suspension, and ineffectiveness. Martin was an All-Pro as recently as 2015, however, and just turned 29 in January. He would be a good get for running-back needy teams on a one-year, incentive-laden deal. For the Bucs, Peyton Barber played reasonably well down the stretch last season, but they will be on the lookout for help this spring, especially with Charles Sims headed to free agency. 
Related: Buccaneers

Feb 20 - 11:18 AM

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:
Doug Martin - RB -  Free Agent

Bucs released Doug Martin.

This move, which saves Tampa Bay $6.75 million against the cap, was fully expected following two seasons marred by injury, suspension, and ineffectiveness. Martin was an All-Pro as recently as 2015, however, and just turned 29 in January. He would be a good get for running-back needy teams on a one-year, incentive-laden deal. For the Bucs, Peyton Barber played reasonably well down the stretch last season, but they will be on the lookout for help this spring, especially with Charles Sims headed to free agency. 
Related: Buccaneers

Feb 20 - 11:18 AM

sign him up

29 minutes ago, Woz said:

Perine did fumble against the Vikings but unfortunately it wasn't counted cus it went out of bounce . I know that because I just saw the highlights .

I'm actually stunned it was just two only because I felt he did it almost every game .

Archived