Johnny Manziel Wants Another Shot

Uncle Buck

10 minutes ago, Elky said:

I wouldn't bother precisely because of Kaepernick; wouldn't want to rile up that camp and cause drama.

You wouldnt sign Manziel because of Kaepernick? Are we afraid his feeling will get hurt? I mean this is a business. Any team that signs a QB that isn't Kaep should be afraid of the repercussions of not signing him. I dont understand how that should even be a thing. Now the real issue for a fan base would be if you signed some scrub and he sucked but someone finally gave Kaep a shot and he performed well

19 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You wouldnt sign Manziel because of Kaepernick? Are we afraid his feeling will get hurt? I mean this is a business. Any team that signs a QB that isn't Kaep should be afraid of the repercussions of not signing him. I dont understand how that should even be a thing. Now the real issue for a fan base would be if you signed some scrub and he sucked but someone finally gave Kaep a shot and he performed well

I do agree that no matter what you do you're going to piss off a certain group and there's going to be drama. I personally think that signing either Kap or Manziel is going to maximize the unwanted drama and it's for the greater good to avoid it.

I hated the idea of him going in the first and didn't care for him as a prospect in general. But for a small contract with little to no guarantees I would take him on. He would be an upgrade on most teams as a back up, and in Chicago he would be a better/cheaper alternative to Glennon as the number 2 QB. Glennon will be cut anyway, but I'd like one more youth back there learning the system. Athletically he is pretty comparable to Trubisky as well.

I'm a skeptic of his, but I also understand you need talented players to win, he might become a hell of a back up or trade bait later, who knows?

Archived