Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

It WON’T. Just something to get Viks fans hopes up before the letdown. 

Humor me, for conversation sake (I agree with you, for the record):

What would the reaction be as a Saints fan if Brees DID leave New Orleans for Minn?

7 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Holy hell, if this happens...

Reminder: Tom Condon is Brees' agent.  He does this stuff all the time to leverage the team his player has been with for years into not skimping out on the contract and paying him like a top player at his position.  It is known.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

It would be glorious 

Not for me.  I have a highly-pregnant wife who is a Saints fan.  I may have to lock myself in the closet like my daughter did when she found out the sex of the baby - except in my case it would be for safety from flying objects.

Just now, The LBC said:

Reminder: Tom Condon is Brees' agent.  He does this stuff all the time to leverage the team his player has been with for years into not skimping out on the contract and paying him like a top player at his position.  It is known.

I don't disagree, and I'm 99% sure it's posturing for more money and/or urgency to get a deal done. 

But...holy hell, if this happens...

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

it-is-known-gif-2.gif

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

One thing to note - only thing Condon did was answer his phone. The report is that the Vikings started the talks, not Condon.

With everything crazy that has transpired since that Alex Smith trade - is anything out of the realm of possibility?

It's like there's a full moon out and GMs have just lost their minds so far, and league year has yet to begin...

Bengals acquired LT Cordy Glenn from the Bills

The teams are swapping first-round picks (Cincinnati's No. 12, Buffalo's No. 21) as compensation. Buffalo is also getting a fifth-round pick, Cincinnati a sixth. It's a salary dump by the Bills. Glenn is one of the league's better tackles when healthy but has been beset by injury over the past two years, missing 17 games. He was on the field for just 275 snaps in 2017. The Bengals, meanwhile, received near-league worst tackle play after letting Andrew Whitworth walk last season. Cedric Ogbuehi got roughed up on the blindside. Provided he's over his foot/ankle issues, Glenn will open the season as the Bengals' left tackle. Headed into his age-29 campaign, Glenn is signed through 2020.

*Question if Brees does leave the saints what do the saints do at qb?*

1 minute ago, flyguy1609 said:

The teams are swapping first-round picks (Cincinnati's No. 12, Buffalo's No. 21) as compensation. Buffalo is also getting a fifth-round pick, Cincinnati a sixth. It's a salary dump by the Bills. Glenn is one of the league's better tackles when healthy but has been beset by injury over the past two years, missing 17 games. He was on the field for just 275 snaps in 2017. The Bengals, meanwhile, received near-league worst tackle play after letting Andrew Whitworth walk last season. Cedric Ogbuehi got roughed up on the blindside. Provided he's over his foot/ankle issues, Glenn will open the season as the Bengals' left tackle. Headed into his age-29 campaign, Glenn is signed through 2020.

Yeah, the Bills are eyeing that Colts pick. 

4 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

The Saints would either sign Cousins or trade up for Mayfield...I’d just about guarantee it. The Saints May trade up for Mayfield even if the sign Brees. The Saints would have drafted Mahomes if Lattimore wasn’t there and Mahomes was. 

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Yeah. I mean - I'd be angry for Saints fans everywhere, too. 

I don't think we'd be as upset as everything thinks. We have a lot of young talent on the roster and that excites us for the future. We've been discussing and planning on life after Brees for a few years now, so I think we're mentally prepared. Its gonna be tough to move on from him, but his replacement is walking into a heck of a situation with greats RBs and a great O Line

1 minute ago, saintsfan said:

I don't think we'd be as upset as everything thinks. We have a lot of young talent on the roster and that excites us for the future. We've been discussing and planning on life after Brees for a few years now, so I think we're mentally prepared. Its gonna be tough to move on from him, but his replacement is walking into a heck of a situation with greats RBs and a great O Line

You’re a rational Saints fan...and your opinion isn’t shared by the majority of our fan base. I think that our team has a very strong young base and may not lose much by Brees leaving, but fans would be shocked. 

Archived