Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

If we are getting a QB for the future then go Rosen at 1, or bust.

I'd love to get Barkley and Rosen in this draft but neither will be available at 4.
- Rosen goes to Giants if we take Barkley.
- Barkley goes to Colts possibly even Giants if we take Rosen.

I don't want to settle for a second tier QB (Darnold, Allen, Mayfield) in order to accommodate Barkley at 1.

This QB draft reminds me so much of the 2011 QB draft.
Cam Newton - Josh Rosen
Locker, Gabbert, Ponder - Darnold, Allen, Mayfield

Comparisons, obviously not like for like in terms of how each QB plays... More, projected impact in NFL for the 2018 class.

36 minutes ago, nakka said:

If we are getting a QB for the future then go Rosen at 1, or bust.

I'd love to get Barkley and Rosen in this draft but neither will be available at 4.
- Rosen goes to Giants if we take Barkley.
- Barkley goes to Colts possibly even Giants if we take Rosen.

I don't want to settle for a second tier QB (Darnold, Allen, Mayfield) in order to accommodate Barkley at 1.

This QB draft reminds me so much of the 2011 QB draft.
Cam Newton - Josh Rosen
Locker, Gabbert, Ponder - Darnold, Allen, Mayfield

Comparisons, obviously not like for like in terms of how each QB plays... More, projected impact in NFL for the 2018 class.

Cam Newton and Rosen are no where the same. Rosen was considered the golden child entering college, Newton was the 2nd guy with Tebow. Rosen was good but never reaching his potential. Newton had to go to JuCo but once he came back he completely obliterated his opponents. 

No one here should be compared to Newton. A lot of ppl doubted him #1 cause he only started for one season but with his god given ability he was well worth the risk. 

Rosen played played for 3 seasons and left a lot of doubt about him. 

7 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I'm only trading down with Buffalo for 12, 22, 56, and 2019 1st

I want #56 to be able to trade back up into the Top 10 because I don't see any of the legit stud's being available at #12.

Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield/Allen, Barkley, Guice, Chubb, Edmunds, Ward, Minkah, Derwin, Vea, Nelson.

One of those guys will be there.

I think if they hosed Buffalo in a trade out and even wanted to then move back into the 8-range, they may even be able to get the same guy they’d want at 4. Let’s assume we get Darnold and that Chubb and a QB go 2/3, and Buffalo is hard after a QB at 4. If you’re in the 8-hole, possibilities to be available are then guys like Ward, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, James, Barkley. Don’t be surprised if a 4th QB goes top 7, too. A premiere position guy could be available. If you get multiple 1s, among other picks, it may only cost about a 2 to make this type of trade back up, to still get your position guy. If they want Ward, for instance, with their need at CB, this could make perfect sense. 

I know, it’s silly-season and Madden-esque. But the desire for some teams to possibly get bent in their efforts to trade up for a QB should not be under emphasized. One or more of those teams between 2-4 is really going to capitalize.

15 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I'm only trading down with Buffalo for 12, 22, 56, and 2019 1st

I want #56 to be able to trade back up into the Top 10 because I don't see any of the legit stud's being available at #12.

Man and I came in here thinking I'd read some legit talk about the top 4....you realize 12 and 22 is probably enough to get to #4 alone right? Not even including the extra 2nd or future first. Also, #4 is nowhere near as valuable as #1/#2 because as was mentioned earlier in the thread you're picking from the likely 3rd best available QB prospect at that point.

Personally, I think with Tyrod in the building you have the ability to take Barkley #1 and develop someone taken at #4 (hell, maybe trade up from 4?). That said I don't blame you for going Rosen #1 and....BPA at 4 and/or trade it.

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think if they hosed Buffalo in a trade out and even wanted to then move back into the 8-range, they may even be able to get the same guy they’d want at 4. Let’s assume we get Darnold and that Chubb and a QB go 2/3, and Buffalo is hard after a QB at 4. If you’re in the 8-hole, possibilities to be available are then guys like Ward, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, James, Barkley. Don’t be surprised if a 4th QB goes top 7, too. A premiere position guy could be available. If you ge multiple 1s, among other picks, it may only cost about a 2 to make this type of trade back up, to still get your position guy. If they want Ward, for instance, with their need at CB, this could make perfect sense. 

I know, it’s silly-season and Madden-esque. But the desire for some teams to possibly get bent in their efforts to trade up for a QB should not be under emphasized. One or more of those teams between 2-4 is really going to capitalize.

I don’t think you’re wrong.

Dorsey doesn’t seem interested in bringing in a dozen rookies and they are loaded for bear asset wise.  I think he’s going to target the guys he really wants, right or wrong.

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

Man and I came in here thinking I'd read some legit talk about the top 4....you realize 12 and 22 is probably enough to get to #4 alone right? Not even including the extra 2nd or future first.

Based on what?  The JJ chart? That’s not used often any longer from what I’ve read.

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

Also, #4 is nowhere near as valuable as #1/#2 because as was mentioned earlier in the thread you're picking from the likely 3rd best available QB prospect at that point.

Agreed, but value is relative.  If a guy is there at 4 and multiple teams want him, the value of the pick may increase above what it may typically be valued at.  Same applies if no one wants the pick, the value decreases.  There’s no set figure.

Personally, I’d want 12, 22 and a 2nd in 2019 or 2020.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield/Allen, Barkley, Guice, Chubb, Edmunds, Ward, Minkah, Derwin, Vea, Nelson.

One of those guys will be there.

Don't view Rosen, Allen or Guice as and Vea is borderline for me.

1. Saquan Barkley        RB
2. Quenton Nelson        OG
3. Tremaine Edmunds        LB
4. Derwin James            FS
5. Denzel Ward            CB
6. Bradley Chubb        DE
7. Baker Mayfield        QB
8. Sam Darnold            QB
9. Minkah Fitzpatrik        DB
10. Vita Vea            DT
11. Mike McGlinchey        OT
12. Marcus Davenport        DE

There is my Top 12 with no positional value in equation. I would prefer not be stuck taking Marcus Davenport as our prized 1st round pick. McGlinchey and Vea also have there flaws. Also if we traded Shelton for peanuts just to draft Vea I'm going to be slightly pissed. And Quentin Nelson is great but taking a OG at #12 is just as shaky as taking a RB at #4 IMO.

No matter who is on the board I'd still be unhappy in a trade down with Buffalo if all we got was pick #12 and #22.  Philadelphia gave up more to get Wentz, Tennessee gave up more for Mariota, and Washington gave up more to get RGIII

Archived