Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

37 minutes ago, DawgX said:

If not, we could always take a CB at the top of round two since this year's class is pretty deep.

I think some are mistakenly equating "deep" with good, and good value.

CB and WR both are "deep" in that there are a lot of ok players but the quality of the players isn't all that great.

30 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I hate the notion that if a class is deep that it’s ok settle for a player. If the class is deep, you should want the #1 guy because than that guy is a true stud. 

I really want to walk away with at least Darnold, Ward, and McGlinchey. Everyone else would be cherry!

But is Ward a "true stud"? I like him and won't complain if we take him at #4, but I don't think he's some can't-miss prospect.

11 minutes ago, DawgX said:

But is Ward a "true stud"? I like him and won't complain if we take him at #4, but I don't think he's some can't-miss prospect.

I would love to trade down to 5-7 range to get some extra picks and to draft Ward. I dont know about cant miss, to me its so hard to project corners. I just love his size to speed ratio, has great game tape, and comes from a place that develops NFL corners like its their job lol (O-H). Seems like the past 5 years or so, the DB that hasnt really made an impact has been apple but his issues seems to be non-football 

53 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I hate the notion that if a class is deep that it’s ok settle for a player. If the class is deep, you should want the #1 guy because than that guy is a true stud. 

I really want to walk away with at least Darnold, Ward, and McGlinchey. Everyone else would be cherry!

Using that logic why would we take a RB in the second round or latter in this deep RB class when we can have Barkley at 1 or 4?

1 minute ago, hornbybrown said:

Using that logic why would we take a RB in the second round or latter in this deep RB class when we can have Barkley at 1 or 4?

I have said the same thing about RBs. It comes down to if the Browns want to draft him or not. IMO with the signing of Hyde they wont take a RB high. To me the biggest glaring hole when it comes to the 2nd pick is going to be a #1 corner.

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

what do you mean?

I do not see a #1 corner in this draft.

Mostly a lot of maybes and could bes, including Ward.

If you are going to burn a top pick on a player that player had better be an impact player.

Otherwise, you punt.

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I do not see a #1 corner in this draft.

Mostly a lot of maybes and could bes, including Ward.

If you are going to burn a top pick on a player that player had better be an impact player.

Otherwise, you punt.

With Greg Williams aggressive scheme, I see Ward being a true #1 corner. Dude loves to come up and hit. Can play extremely aggressive because he has the recovery speed. I think Ward could make an impact like Lattimore. Hell if Lattimore didnt have the hamstring issues, he goes higher than #11 overall

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

With Greg Williams aggressive scheme

What aggressive scheme?

CBs 7-10 yards off the OL.

FS near the North Pole.

If you are talking about incessant failed blitzing, ya it was aggressive.

Personally, I would characterize it as wimpish.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

What aggressive scheme?

CBs 7-10 yards off the OL.

FS near the North Pole.

If you are talking about incessant failed blitzing, ya it was aggressive.

Personally, I would characterize it as wimpish.

going off what he did at other stops. To me, I think he was so afraid of his corners getting beat because they were not good enough to recover that he had them way off the line. To me thats why we are seeing so many DBs being brought in and why we need to draft them high. Williams wants to get guys in here who fit his schemes. Like I said, thats why DBs are being brought in and why a guy like Shelton is traded

If Buffalo offered the following for the #4 pick,   would you take it?

Round 1, Pick 12 (12) (From Bengals)             
Round 1, Pick 22 (22) (From Chiefs)            

Round 2, Pick 21 (53)             
Round 2, Pick 24 (56) (From Rams)

4 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Round 2, Pick 21 (53)             

I'd pull the trigger on that for sure. I may holdout and ask for more, but if they wouldn't give it to me, I'd definitely roll with that.

3 1sts

5 2nds

ME LIKEY!!!!!

FoolishDiscreteBarbet-size_restricted.gi

15 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Round 2, Pick 21 (53)             

At that point, I would have to make trades and do some moving up. Turn #22 into a mid 1st round pick and #33 into a late first. Probably keep 2 2nds and try to get 4-5 first rounders. EG 

#33 and our 4th (like last year) to move up to mid late 20's and 35 and 64 to move into the same range. Take players, would dropped for no reason at all and you know will not make it to day 2. Still have 53 and 56 left over. 

I'm maddening this. I'll stop. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived