Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d imagine they would, pretty dumb to start a negotiation lower than that.

I just don’t see him settling for anything before he gets a whack at the open market. Would you?

Yes, I absolutely would sign a super rich long term deal with lots guaranteed right NOW even If I knew for 100% fact I would get more in the offseason.

Simple risk/reward logic.  The difference between having 10 million of 50 million is much bigger than the difference between having 50 million or 90 million (not exact numbers but I hope you get the idea).

This isn't an office job where your health is relatively safe.  His career could end in practice or game 4 this year. 

3 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Yes, I absolutely would sign a super rich long term deal with lots guaranteed right NOW even If I knew for 100% fact I would get more in the offseason.

Simple risk/reward logic.  The difference between having 10 million of 50 million is much bigger than the difference between having 50 million or 90 million (not exact numbers but I hope you get the idea).

This isn't an office job where your health is relatively safe.  His career could end in practice or game 4 this year. 

If it’s a deal and contract you like, it’s not settling.

Using your logic he should sign a 3/20 deal now and not risk a thing, but that’s not going to happen, he’s betting on himself to some degree.

No one is taking less money because OBJ got whatever amount on his deal, which was where all of this started.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If it’s a deal and contract you like, it’s not settling.

Using your logic he should sign a 3/20 deal now and not risk a thing, but that’s not going to happen, he’s betting on himself to some degree.

No one is taking less money because OBJ got whatever amount on his deal, which was where all of this started.

My logic has nothing to do with him signing a 3 year deal for 20 million when he is currently on a 1 year deal for 15 or 16 million.  No, no idea how you see that as the logic I am using. 

I also never said anything about OBJ's contract or how it cold affect Landry's.

I am saying I would absolutely take less money NOW rather than be guaranteed more money LATER if I was stay healthy and productive this year. 

My logic, I would take 4 years 50 million NOW (which would be settling to some degree) rather than wait till next year and try for 4 years 70 million.

36 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

I also never said anything about OBJ's contract or how it cold affect Landry's.

That’s what folks were discussing....

36 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

I am saying I would absolutely take less money NOW rather than be guaranteed more money LATER if I was stay healthy and productive this year. 

My logic, I would take 4 years 50 million NOW (which would be settling to some degree) rather than wait till next year and try for 4 years 70 million.

That’s fine, but I’m guessing if he were willing to do that he’d have been signed by either MIA or us already.

9 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Kevin Hogan has requested a trade things are getting dicey in Berea

I mean, sure, he can ask, maybe he is like, it would be fun to see if anyone likes me, like tinder or speed dating or something. 

18 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I mean, sure, he can ask, maybe he is like, it would be fun to see if anyone likes me, like tinder or speed dating or something. 

He was probably our most effective QB last year. He was bad in the Houston game but otherwise the offense moved much better with him in there. I don't think he actually holds any value,  but he would have been 6th in TD% in the league last year had he had enough attempts to qualify. Then again, he would have led the league in interception percentage too, bumping Kizer from having that title.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

He was probably our most effective QB last year. He was bad in the Houston game but otherwise the offense moved much better with him in there. I don't think he actually holds any value,  but he would have been 6th in TD% in the league last year had he had enough attempts to qualify. Then again, he would have led the league in interception percentage too, bumping Kizer from having that title.

Kessler had a period of relative success in the league 6-1 TD's 92 passer rating over 8 games. 

hogan has never played that or that long, or played that well as a passer. 

Most of the time he has been a disaster on the field, he had a one or two good series. 

I think he could be an okay back up with his modified throwing motion, but I think the chances of him getting us a 2020 7th are low, less than 1%. Which is essentially nothing 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Kessler had a period of relative success in the league 6-1 TD's 92 passer rating over 8 games. 

hogan has never played that or that long, or played that well as a passer. 

Most of the time he has been a disaster on the field, he had a one or two good series. 

I think he could be an okay back up with his modified throwing motion, but I think the chances of him getting us a 2020 7th are low, less than 1%. Which is essentially nothing 

I don't disagree that we will get more in trade from our 3rd string QB (very little) than our 2nd string QB (nothing) and I don't see Hogan ever being a starter but the offense looked better with him playing than Kizer.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't disagree that we will get more in trade from our 3rd string QB (very little) than our 2nd string QB (nothing) and I don't see Hogan ever being a starter but the offense looked better with him playing than Kizer.

yeah, i think kizer has better tools though, or he does in the minds of NFL folk at least. 

26 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

When Hogan was the starter for one game he was god freaking awful. It was as bad as Kizer a worst game of the year. 

I could careless what he did coming in as an injury back up. Teams don’t prepare for a back up QB

Archived