Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

The following quotes worry me:

Recent rumors across the league lead many to believe Allen will walk through those doors with a lead.

How on earth is this possible? He's my 5th rated QB in this draft class. Just horrific.

My understanding, and I’ve heard this from multiple people: Cleveland has not made a final call. 

How on earth is THIS possible? There have been ZERO games played between early January and now.

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The following quotes worry me:

How on earth is this possible? He's my 5th rated QB in this draft class. Just horrific.

How on earth is THIS possible? There have been ZERO games played between early January and now.

That’s why it surely can’t be true. Unless Dorsey and co. have just been swayed by Allen in person and things like his pro day, wonderlic etc. Which would be madness. Because there is nothing he does the best out of the QBs apart from throw it hardest and furthest. And as Joe Montana said yesterday, those two things are pretty irrelevant as you hardly ever throw the ball more than 45 yards. What is most important according to him, and I agree completely, is being accurate and performing under pressure.

If Cleveland thinks that is Josh Allen. I give up.

36 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Are you not even a bit worried?!

Worried? Not really, not much I can do either way.

This is all just media nonsense. They can say whatever they want and have no need to concern themselves with the accuracy of their reporting.  This is just to feed the appetites of their viewers/listeners/subscribers.

People, like all of you guys, freak out at this nonsense which in turn helps their business.  Boring doesn’t sell and Sam Darnold at 1 has become boring. Josh Allen is controversial. Controversy sells.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is all just media nonsense. They can say whatever they want and have no need to concern themselves with the accuracy of their reporting.  This is just to feed the appetites of their viewers/listeners/subscribers.

People, like all of you guys, freak out at this nonsense which in turn helps their business.  Boring doesn’t sell and Sam Darnold at 1 has become boring. Josh Allen is controversial. Controversy sells.

To be honest, I sort of go fishing with my panic posts specifically so that I can get replies like this, which offer me sweet relief and calmness.

You and @brownie man have done a good job of this recently, thank you!

I've decided to take the @NateDawg approach for the remainder of the draft process.

I'll go into the draft fully expecting them to knock it completely out of the park and draft a bunch of studs/future Pro Bowlers. I'll be completely optimistic and in fully Charlie Brown trying to kick the football mode and enjoy the next 2 weeks.

When the inevitable disappointment/disaster comes, at least I'll have enjoyed the last couple of weeks.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep.com   AND IT HAPPENS EVERY DANGED YEAR!!!

All caps for emphasis or iamcanadian

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Yep.com   AND IT HAPPENS EVERY DANGED YEAR!!!

Are we talking about:

1. The Browns blowing at least 1 1st round pick

2. The Browns passing on/not acquiring a Franchise QB

3. Untrue Draft Rumors

4. All of the above

...asking for a friend.

9 hours ago, Mind Character said:

LOL... I wish... if I knew that the decision was exclusively left up to Dorsey and his key FO's guys, I'd make a significant bet in a heartbeat, but there is so much uncertainty regarding how much say or value or power do the coaches, and other personnel guys have in the eyes of the Haslams? If the answer is "a lot" then I'd still hold out the faith that Darnold can be the guy. Without knowing that element I can't in good faith make a large bet as I'm not swimming in it... I did make a small affordable bet of $50 on Mayfield going 1... and I honestly hope I never see that 50 ever again...

So basically you know as much as us. ?

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Are we talking about:

1. The Browns blowing at least 1 1st round pick

2. The Browns passing on/not acquiring a Franchise QB

3. Untrue Draft Rumors

4. All of the above

...asking for a friend.

1. Yes that has happened in the past. This is a new regime with some heavy hitters. New year new make up new hope. 

2. We’ve not really been in this position that much to acquire the top qb in the draft. You wouldn’t think that as crappy as we’ve been but it’s true. 

3. Yes

4. See all the above. 

Now go ***** slap your friend. ?

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

1. Yes that has happened in the past. This is a new regime with some heavy hitters. New year new make up new hope. 

I heard the same about Savage, Farmer, Heckert, Sashi...should I go on?

2. We’ve not really been in this position that much to acquire the top qb in the draft. You wouldn’t think that as crappy as we’ve been but it’s true. 

Except for Wentz and Watson the last two years. ;)

3. Yes

This is where you're supposed to disagree with me and talk me off of the ledge.

Archived