Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Every draft analyst analytic metrics guy I follow on Twitter thinks DJ Moore is the best thing in the world. They have him rated as a top 10 player in this draft and really think he is going to become Steve Smith reincarnated.

DJ Moore is supposedly a metrics guys wet dream

Yeah I see the metrics are off the charts but I am just not seeing in on film.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I'm not sold on Moore, I think separation is an issue for him. But Hughes would have been a no-doubt-about-it first rounder if not for his off the field concerns. In terms of skill and upside, he's right up there with Ward and Alexander.

What are Hughes' off the field concerns? I'm genuinely asking because this is the first I've read that.

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Yeah I see the metrics are off the charts but I am just not seeing in on film.

I can see Moore being very good in a role similar to Landry's, making things happen in the slot. But that's mostly it, in my opinion, and with Landry, he'd be a waste. 

I actually think the Sutton love is gonna come full circle, after people have cooled on him. His 3 cone at his size is fantastic; it's better than OBJ, Mike Evans, Allen Robinson, Brandon Marshall, DeAndre Hopkins, Antonio Brown, and Martavis Bryant. 4 of those 7 he is heavier than. His 40 and explosive numbers, 4.54 and 35", are very solid. 

And for any unaware, 3 cone is a great indicater of quickness and change of direction. Very big for WRs and passrushers.

I think what has happened to his stock is a product of prospect fatigue. Guy's in the spotlight too long and we get tired of them.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

You overestimate Hughes and Moore both tremendously. 

And you probably don't watch game film beyond 5 minute highlight tapes on youtube and probably don't have any experience with scouting winning play traits of real football players..

Any real respected football scouting mind will tell you that Mike Hughes has the best film out of any CB in this year's class; however, most think Denzel Ward is the best CB due to the upside in his supreme athleticism and quick twitch athleticism.

There is not a quick burst, and elusive route running WR in the draft as good as DJ Moore... he's special. His highlights don't say that but his play over 10 games watched does.

2 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

He might as well have said, " I know something you don't know, and I'm not telling." Screw you, Mike Silver! Go drown, I mean jump, not drown, go jump in the lake with Hue! 

It would be ok if they both drown.

Poetic justice.

2 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

3 schools in three years...dismissed from North Carolina last year after assault charge. 

That sucks. Bad job outta me. Knew he had transferred, but only the once, and had no clue about the assault charge. I feel like Ray Farmer right now.O.o:D

Archived