Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

depth move. Nothing too exciting  

This is a lot more than "Nothing too exciting". This is a great signing and exactly what we need right now. He is young and proven. A spark on 3rd down and a very explosive athlete. He will most definitely fill the void at the 3rd DE spot and even hold his own in the event of a Ogbah or Garrett injury.

2 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

This is a lot more than "Nothing too exciting". This is a great signing and exactly what we need right now. He is young and proven. A spark on 3rd down and a very explosive athlete. He will most definitely fill the void at the 3rd DE spot and even hold his own in the event of a Ogbah or Garrett injury.

I don't dislike the signing or anything, but the dude has a career best three sacks in a season. I was hoping we could sign or draft a player who can produce more than that as our third DE.

5 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

7.5 sacks in 4 years is not a “spark”

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Would make A LOT of sense for us to be interested with all of the former GB guys in our front office.

He doesn't seem to offer much a part from an amazing connection with Rodgers. 

I think he will be a better fit in ne

Just now, DawgX said:

I don't dislike the signing or anything, but the dude has a career best three sacks in a season. I was hoping we could sign or draft a player who can produce more than that as our third DE.

Dude has been behind some very good DEs his entire career. He had 3 sacks in only 7 games as a rookie then battled injury and when you are at the bottom of the depth chart you coaches move on quickly. He just turned 26. When a lot of UDFA/Late round guys who needed time to develop are just now figuring things out in the NFL. It is not like he has to play above his skill set either as the guy has always had the great athletic traits. Also we don't need a 10 sack a year guys as the 3rd DE that is just plain stupidity to think that is going to happen. Most teams cannot even get 2 guys to 10 sacks in a year. It is not like we are going to be pulling Garrett off the field for this guy and Ogbah will have more than his fair share as well.

God forbid we didn't sign Reggie White...

2 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Dude has been behind some very good DEs his entire career. He had 3 sacks in only 7 games as a rookie then battled injury and when you are at the bottom of the depth chart you coaches move on quickly. He just turned 26. When a lot of UDFA/Late round guys who needed time to develop are just now figuring things out in the NFL. It is not like he has to play above his skill set either as the guy has always had the great athletic traits. Also we don't need a 10 sack a year guys as the 3rd DE that is just plain stupidity to think that is going to happen. Most teams cannot even get 2 guys to 10 sacks in a year. It is not like we are going to be pulling Garrett off the field for this guy and Ogbah will have more than his fair share as well.

God forbid we didn't sign Reggie White...

We don’t need another Carl Nassib 

I would rather get Pryor than Nelson. I know he didn't have Rodgers for most of it but he put up just 450 yards in 15 games. Pryor sucked balls last year but we know what he can do here. 1k yards with no QB. Four years younger too, and probably hungrier. Nelson leaving Rodgers as his QB will not get up for the Browns' ambition.

Archived