Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

God, how are the high on Kilgore? Do they watch him play at all? I hope that is not the case...if it, I'm going to be convinced that he has blackmail material. 

Also, I'm with you on Ward. Not sure that they end up keeping him long term. Buckner, Tartt and Brown are the locks for me. 

I agree completely on Kilgore.  I'm hoping we target a good center in this year's draft.  And Ward seemed to be a decent slot corner last year. But sincce he played safety this year I don't really know if he could make the roster as a corner. We're certainly in need of corners. 

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I'm sure that there is much of a difference between left tackle and right tackle money any more. 

Nor in the skills required.  The days of the defense lining up their best pass rusher on "the blind side" are long gone.  There are a number of good pass rushers that line up opposite the RT rather than LT, and it's more and more common to move guys around. Not to mention the increasing emphasis on passing means all the o-line guys should be good pass blockers.

38 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Our roster as currently presented is EASILY the worst in the league. I thought we would beat the Giants, but not now. Think the Giants pull it off.

Yeah, thoughts on winless season is completely legitimate at this point. It's going to really suck if we go winless and Cleveland still gets the first pick. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

If I remember right, was a little undersized, but productive at Notre Dame. Had talent though. I'm good with this move. Man, we really like to mess around with that defensive line lol

Also, that roster spot was supposed to go to Tank coming back, so there should be another move in the works. Interesting thought though - I wonder how much the staff likes Tank. If they really like him, is it worth putting him on season ending IR to limit his exposure to other teams so there's not as much interest, and then come in with a small 2 year deal and just re-sign him? Hmmm. Dirty way to go about it, but I could see it going down like that. 

Honestly, the season was trending towards what it was at the end of last season. All these healthy bodies returning will not be good for our draft positioning lol.

I wonder if Lynch and the crew would willing to bring guys like Tank back if we had not traded for Garoppolo? Would we just be putting guys on IR from any sort of minor injury as we have done the past few seasons?