Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Still time to get a deal done before he meets with Detroit!!! 

I'd be intrigued to see how it all plays out if it bleeds into true free agency. 

Sherman, given his somewhat unique circumstances, probably will take the meetings he can to do his true due diligence. There could be a rather large array of contract offers out there because of the situation of his injury / age, etc. I think we'd need to make an offer he'd have to feel very confident wouldn't be matched / beaten for him to sign before taking any other meetings.

So did he just take a physical right now and then they will talk business in the afternoon or what? 

Agents usually use other teams as leverage but Sherman is representing himself. So it's weird someone would report he has a meeting with Detroit next week while Josina says he doesn't. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Three year deal? Interesting, but probably easy to get out of the 3rd year. 

Yeah, I'd guess the third year is super easy to get out of it. We probably have to give two years to make it serious

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

A few years back i would have absolutely hated to even think about having Sherman on our team. Now i am weirdly pleased he may sign with us. Weird how times change.

We need a veteran leader. Can mold Ahkello and another young corner we draft. Can help Reuben grow on and off the field. Fits the defense perfectly. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

A few years back i would have absolutely hated to even think about having Sherman on our team. Now i am weirdly pleased he may sign with us. Weird how times change.

I feel the same way.  I have loathed that man for so many years.  Respected, but loathed.  

I'm taking this as a test of my fandom.  Do I want the Niners to be successful?  Yes?  Then, Sherman helps that happen.  Gotta have my logic override my emotions and all that.  lol