New Jerseys Thread

ttitansfan4life

12 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

The amount of people there just for a jersey reveal is pretty insane. Will probably go a decent ways in helping Nashville eventually get an NFL draft here as well.

No surprise. The city is amazing and it’s still growing. Was just waiting on some decent on the field play. This fanbase at one point was one of the best in football. 

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

No surprise. The city is amazing and it’s still growing. Was just waiting on some decent on the field play. This fanbase at one point was one of the best in football. 

Yeah the crowd noise that the fanbase used to produce in the "glory years" rivaled anyone in the NFL. Even if you just go back and listen to the crowd from the 08 playoff game vs the Ravens, the crowd noise was insane.

8 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I can only imagine turnout if it was on a Saturday night.

It's spring break for the public schools there so it helps a little. But yeah thinking on it Saturday would have really been something. 

Maybe more money to shut down  downtown on a Saturday night lol 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's spring break for the public schools there so it helps a little. But yeah thinking on it Saturday would have really been something. 

Maybe more money to shut down  downtown on a Saturday night lol 

Very possible. Aside from just a generally more positive feeling around this team, I think the sustained success of the Preds has done a lot to change the pro sports fan community in Nashville. Used to be on a "school night" - even in the odd year the Preds were in playoff contention - weekday events were always poorly attended. Now people want to be a part of the experience, and 2nd & Broad is already such a party atmosphere, I think all of those factors play in. 

But without a team people are at least willing to believe in none of it would matter. 

Odd year they were in contention? The Preds have made the playoffs something like 10 or 11 times out of the last 13 seasons. They had two bad years earlier this decade but that's it, I'm pretty sure. Sorry, going way off topic but my hockey fan syndrome kicked in reading that.

I'm ready and pumped for the unveil, let's see the full picture already!!

Archived