2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

5.06 for Connor Williams, this guy looks and moves like a NFL tackle. There’s not an ounce of fat on him compared to some of these squatty bad body dudes. No idea why people think he should play guard.

HOnestly just looking at it from a length standpoint, which is why I asked the question in the other thread. Shorter arms and wingspan than Isaiah Wynn (though obviously he's got more of the height to him that you want from a tackle) 

1 minute ago, IDOG_det said:

@TheRealMcCoy you see? The narrative begins, people will suddenly start seeing things that weren't there because they put the "lazy" idea into people's heads

I understand where you're coming from defending him, because we don't know for sure that it is laziness.

But, I don't think its totally wrong to start wondering if it is laziness.

Like I said in my post earlier. A former NFL personnel guy who was the first person hired by the great Ron Wolf said that teams look at concerning low bench reps bring up questions about effort more so than strength, because it could indicate how hard a guy goes in the weight room. 

If he really was loafing in on-field drills which I do believe could be identified, then that is a bad look, because guys should be going all out at the combine.

Does that mean Brown was doing that? I don't know for sure.

On 12/2/2017 at 12:16 PM, IDOG_det said:

Orlando Brown has great power, but he doesn't finish plays as often as he should.

But, I mean it even looks like you saw possible effort concerns while watching tape. 

1 minute ago, reamer said:

Carter with the same exact measurements as Edmunds. I like him a lot.

I was hoping Carter was going to be there when the 49ers picked in round 2. Damn. Liked him a lot. Wasn't super flashy, sexy superstar, but played all over the place at UGA and played well. I think there's a lot more upside there than with a lot of players, particularly if he's consistently locked into one role. 

8 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

No. I'm fine with criticisms of him. Criticize his nearly historically poor 40. Criticize his underwhelming bench. Criticize something that actually happened. Don't make up stories about his "bad technique" in a mirror drill. Don't act like he's the only person being yelled at (they all are being yelled at FYI). Don't act like it's certain he's lazy when you don't know him. 

I'm not making claims about him, you are. Isntead of overreacting to nothing, perhaps you should exercise some discipline when evaluating a player.

Did you watch the mirror drill? He didn't move well, on either side of it. Slow, stiff, unable to bend. I don't need to exercise discipline, I've already seen enough of Brown to know I don't want my team drafting him. And that isn't just his combine performance. Also, if you actually read my post, I said he "looked like he didn't care much", not that it was a certainty that he was lazy. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I understand where you're coming from defending him, because we don't know for sure that it is laziness.

But, I don't think its totally wrong to start wondering if it is laziness.

Like I said in my post earlier. A former NFL personnel guy who was the first person hired by the great Ron Wolf said that teams look at concerning low bench reps bring up questions about effort more so than strength, because it could indicate how hard a guy goes in the weight room. 

If he really was loafing in on-field drills which I do believe could be identified, then that is a bad look, because guys should be going all out at the combine.

Does that mean Brown was doing that? I don't know for sure.

But, I mean it even looks like you saw possible effort concerns while watching tape. 

And I'm fine with this. Questioning things isn't bad (in fact it's good). My issue comes with the people making claims about something you really can't know/didn't even happen.

Archived