2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

25 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Did Barkley do the broad jump? We're there any drills he decided not to do?

He passed on the broad and 3-cone.   Given what happened to Dalvin Cook after his 3-cone, kinda see why.

It's too bad, he put up an electric skills profile, I just wanted to see him do all the drills today so we could have a same-day full profile - to say it's historic and unmatched wouldn't be a stretch.

AP did a 4.41 40, 4.40 shuttle, 38.5 vert, and 10'7 broad, and 7.09 3-cone - and oh by the way, was 17 pounds lighter

LT did a 4.43 40, 4.21 shuttle, 40.5 vert, 10'4 broad, 6.84 3-cone - and also weighed 12 pounds lighter.

Barkley's been reported to do a 10'10 broad in 2015, and his 3-cone was reported to be sub 7.  Assuming they're even close - that's just unbelievable.

Barkley's profile would be 4.41 40, 4.25 shuttle, 41.5 vert, 10'10 broad (past), 6.xx 3-cone - at 233 lbs.   O.o

21 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

He passed on the broad and 3-cone.   Given what happened to Dalvin Cook after his 3-cone, kinda see why.

It's too bad, he put up an electric skills profile, I just wanted to see him do all the drills today so we could have a same-day full profile - to say it's historic and unmatched wouldn't be a stretch.

AP did a 4.41 40, 4.40 shuttle, 38.5 vert, and 10'7 broad, and 7.09 3-cone - and oh by the way, was 17 pounds lighter

LT did a 4.43 40, 4.21 shuttle, 40.5 vert, 10'4 broad, 6.84 3-cone - and also weighed 12 pounds lighter.

Barkley's been reported to do a 10'10 broad in 2015, and his 3-cone was reported to be sub 7.  Assuming they're even close - that's just unbelievable.

Barkley's profile would be 4.41 40, 4.25 shuttle, 41.5 vert, 10'10 broad (past), 6.xx 3-cone - at 233 lbs.   O.o

So that's what happened. Thanks. I couldn't find any information online anywhere. Everyone kept talking about what he did. I wanted to know what he didn't do and why. 

I think Saquon's performance will solidify the Brown's pursuit of him and a QB. The top 5 picks could be heavy with micro trades that are beneficial to all involved. 

1. Cleveland Browns- Sam Darnold QB USC - Browns get their QBOTF.

2. (Trade f'NY) Cleveland Browns- Saquon Barkley HB Penn State - Browns trade up two spots to get a franchise runner and the best player in the draft two years in a row.

3.(Trade f'Ind) Denver Broncos- Josh Rosen QB UCLA - The Broncos are high on Rosen, I think Cousins goes elsewhere and Elway won't mind Rosen's personality at all.

4. New York Giants- Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame - The Giants get a trade down and still secure the possible future All-Pro.

5. Indianapolis Colts- Bradley Chubb DE NCSU - Same as the Giants, a small trade down and still get their guy.

29 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

So that's what happened. Thanks. I couldn't find any information online anywhere. Everyone kept talking about what he did. I wanted to know what he didn't do and why. 

Well, other than very minor quibbles on running with less power on film than what he's shown physical-skill wise, and the well-discussed issues on dancing in the hole when there's nothing there (which I think he'll be fine), my main beef with Barkley scouting-wise is that he didn't invent electricity, or discover penicillin, insulin, or sliced bread.   As to why - probably because he was playing football.  :D

5 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I think Saquon's performance will solidify the Brown's pursuit of him and a QB. The top 5 picks could be heavy with micro trades that are beneficial to all involved. 

2. (Trade f'NY) Cleveland Browns- Saquon Barkley HB Penn State - Browns trade up two spots to get a franchise runner and the best player in the draft two years in a row.

3.(Trade f'Ind) Denver Broncos- Josh Rosen QB UCLA - The Broncos are high on Rosen, I think Cousins goes elsewhere and Elway won't mind Rosen's personality at all.

4. New York Giants- Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame - The Giants get a trade down and still secure the possible future All-Pro.

5. Indianapolis Colts- Bradley Chubb DE NCSU - Same as the Giants, a small trade down and still get their guy.

Might as well submit a full mock after this tease.

I'm not knocking Penny.  I think he'll be a good RB at the next level.

That said, the most hilarious narrative on Twitter is all the San Diego area and San Diego State fans doing everything they can to justify "Penny is a better RB than Saquon."

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Barkley was out there looking like the Black Black today

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

If I were running the Browns, I'm not trading up for Saquon. He's insanely talented, but the Browns already have Duke Johnson. He's a major weapon in the passing game. They also have four picks from #33 to #65. They will be able to land a very talented runner in that range. 

Oh dear lord. What part of Dorsey wondering how to explain passing on Barkley at 4 is so hard to understand?  He’ll get an rb later in the draft. Maybe at 4 but doubtful. Trade up to 2? xD  Oh combine why you tease fools?

50 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If I were running the Browns, I'm not trading up for Saquon. He's insanely talented, but the Browns already have Duke Johnson. He's a major weapon in the passing game. They also have four picks from #33 to #65. They will be able to land a very talented runner in that range. 

Love logic. 

Quietly, Scott Quessenberry had a very nice day. Scott's sophomore film actually highly impressed me, so I've been a fan for years now. He's gotten bigger and stronger since that point. I think he'll be a starting Center in the NFL.

I just realized Antonio Callaway is at the Combine. That should be interesting. As much as I think the guy is an idiot, he's hard to pass on in Round 3 or 4. He's a legitimate top 15 talent on film.

Archived