The Allen Robinson Thread

.Buzz

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Cant imagine we’d trade for Landry or Bryant either. Neither are as good and Landry would cost a ton too

Especially when it comes to helping Blake the most, with ARob's ability to always sorta open, win those 50/50 misplaced Bortle balls.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Especially when it comes to helping Blake the most, with ARob's ability to always sorta open, win those 50/50 misplaced Bortle balls.

Yea he is easily the best WR we've ever had in a while. Blackmon was/could have been as well. I just hate to let him go and rely so heavily on Cole and Dede. 

I want him back badly but given his injury and how serious they can be sometimes i understand it but if we dont spend that money then we need to be very busy going after offensive weapons to give Blake all the weapons we can

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

I can understand not wanting to pay him on the franchise tag, but would ya'll really let this dude walk out of your building for nothing?

He had a rough go at it in 2016 and tore his ACL last year. 

I want the guy back and would be surprised if he is let go, but if he's asking for a long term deal at a clip that we don't feel he's worth I'm not sure what else we can do. 

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He had a rough go at it in 2016 and tore his ACL last year. 

I want the guy back and would be surprised if he is let go, but if he's asking for a long term deal at a clip that we don't feel he's worth I'm not sure what else we can do. 

Yeah that's tough... how much was 2016 was on him and how much was on Bortles? I still remember seeing a clip on twitter where Robinson's wide open (practice, I believe) and Bortles misses him by a mile. You can hear Robinson cursing him out under his breath.

This team better bring back A-Rob. Forget what he's asking for. He is needed. He's that receiving star this team is needing. Let Lee walk and possibly trade Hurns, but you get A-Rob back here!

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Had season ending injury rookie year (missed 8 games)

Had great season in year 2.

He wasn’t good in year 3

Torn ACL in year 4.

Lets not act like he is AB, Julio and etc. if he is asking for too much $, let him go, net us a comp pick.

Are we really saying that Allen Robinson wasn't good in year 3? Go look at how his QB, running game, and offensive line played in year 3. Then come back and tell me how you'd expect him to excel. 

No he's not Deandre Hopkins, Odell Beckham, , AJ. Green or other names that can do it with Subpar QB play, but he's good. It'd be a foolish decision to let him walk. I can all but guarantee he'd blow up for his next team with a consistent QB. 

10 minutes ago, G08 said:

Yeah that's tough... how much was 2016 was on him and how much was on Bortles? I still remember seeing a clip on twitter where Robinson's wide open (practice, I believe) and Bortles misses him by a mile. You can hear Robinson cursing him out under his breath.

Probably both, but ARob wasn't making the plays or doing the same things as he was in 2015 either. Just didn't look the same.

He's a good, talented WR. He is something we don't have (big bodied WR), but I can see why they're hesitant. Outside of a season 3 years ago he's not been worth close to the $ we're talking imo. 

I still would be fine if we paid him an amount he isn't worth due to needing a WR of his size and the further development of Blake (lot of young and inexperienced guys last year), but it's a tough situation.

10 minutes ago, Jags said:

Are we really saying that Allen Robinson wasn't good in year 3? Go look at how his QB, running game, and offensive line played in year 3. Then come back and tell me how you'd expect him to excel. 

No he's not Deandre Hopkins, Odell Beckham, , AJ. Green or other names that can do it with Subpar QB play, but he's good. It'd be a foolish decision to let him walk. I can all but guarantee he'd blow up for his next team with a consistent QB. 

He really wasn't. This isn't to say Blake didn't play some part in it, but he didn't look like the same caliber WR in 2016. Wasn't JUST because Blake had a rough year.

Archived