Mo Wilkerson cut by Jets

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Did he really quit after getting the contract, or is it more about the broken leg? He's never seemed to be the same after that. 

No, he quit.  You watch him on plays and he consistently gives up or can't beat a guy one-on-one.  The funniest was on a play that a QB gave up behind the LOS, Mo sprinted quicker than we've ever seen him to tap him and get the sack.  Most of the time, teams doubled Leo and Leo got criticized for having a down year. 

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

No, he quit.  You watch him on plays and he consistently gives up or can't beat a guy one-on-one.  The funniest was on a play that a QB gave up behind the LOS, Mo sprinted quicker than we've ever seen him to tap him and get the sack.  Most of the time, teams doubled Leo and Leo got criticized for having a down year. 

Shame. He was such a beast before the contract. 

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Does he have anything left in the tank?

Ohhh, I imagine he's got a lot left in the tank, seeing as how the Jets paid him all the oil in Saudi Arabia to sign that monstrous contract extension.

Unfortunately, Muhammad "Cha-Ching!" Wilkerson immediately pulled his best Albert Haynesworth imitation after he had cashed in, collapsing fatly on opposing blockers and letting out a weary grown once the ball was snapped.

Funny, I can recall when the Jets were touting their three mighty 3-4 defensive ends, under the theory, I suppose, that you can never have enough guys at that position.

They drafted Wilkerson #30 in 2011; Sheldon Richardson #13 in 2013; and Leonard Williams #6 in 2015. Apparently there was not another stupendous 3-4 DE available in 2017.

(In the Jets' defense they did somewhat redeem themselves after Richardson in 2013 by coming right back with Geno Smith in the 2nd round)

Manish Mehta (dynamic Eastern reporter) noted that Wilkerson looked portly at Temple's Pro Day a year ago. Doubtless now, as a free-agent, Mo will sign with the Evil Empire up in New England and come back to destroy the Jets next year, tears of scorned love streaming down his fat little cheeks as he crushes Christian Hackenburg for seven sacks.

Image result for Muhammad Wilkerson fat  

5 minutes ago, Elky said:

That would literally suck up most of our cap.

Just saying my preference is Suh. Guy will compete harder than Wilkerson so regardless if it's paying Suh &15 million next season versus $7 million for Wilkerson or somewhere thereabouts, then to me Suh is worth it. Suh is worth more period is my point I guess.

I like Mo Wilkerson a lot plus the guy is from my old neighbor.I was on board with him when he was planning to hold out if the Jets didn't give him a new contact,but soon as he got paid its like the guy just quit on his team i hate when players do sucka stuff.I wouldn't mind if the Raiders give him a one to two year prove it deal.He still kinda young but i don't see nobody giving him another big contact 

20 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Come to New England! 

P.S. Leave your laziness in NY.

Pretty sure Mo would be happy to come to New England.

Not sure about leaving the laziness behind- after all, a boy has to to peddle his book! Have you read any of it? I especially liked Chapter 19, "Make Dat Big Score!", and Chapter 20, "Now You's Be Chill":

Image result for the lazy man's way to richesImage result for muhammad wilkerson

Archived