Mo Wilkerson to be cut

LoganF89

Per Schefter Mohamed Wilkerson is expected to be cut by the jets today, any interest?

I want him on the right deal, he’s super young and really talented, would allow us to go another route with out 1st round pick

if we signed him we wouldn’t forfeit our comp pick for cousins since he was released right?

12 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Per Schefter Mohamed Wilkerson is expected to be cut by the jets today, any interest?

I want him on the right deal, he’s super young and really talented, would allow us to go another route with out 1st round pick

if we signed him we wouldn’t forfeit our comp pick for cousins since he was released right?

He's not a NT so our first round pick wouldn't be impacted.

18 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I believe you are correct.

As far as signing him, I wouldn't be mad if we got him at a good price.  Honestly though he seems to have a bad attitude and I'd prefer to see what we have in Ioannidis.  

27 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:
47 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

No. The Jets would not get anything for him because they released him, but he would still count as a free agent pickup for us, potentially influencing our 2019 picks.

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

The Jets would not get anything for him because they released him, but he would still count as a free agent pickup for us, potentially influencing our 2019 picks.

But he was cut, and the official new year doesn't begin until March 14.  I thought that was fair game and didn't count against the formula.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

But he was cut, and the official new year doesn't begin until March 14.  I thought that was fair game and didn't count against the formula.

I don't think so.

If you are right and he is signed before March 14th, wouldn't he then have to fit under the 2017 cap?

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

As far as signing him, I wouldn't be mad if we got him at a good price.  Honestly though he seems to have a bad attitude and I'd prefer to see what we have in Ioannidis.  

Ehh I don't mind him. I just at this point prefer loannidis at this point on getting an opportunity .

Wilkerson was very good a few years back. I don't know how he's been as of these past two years but again wouldn't be upset .

whats y'all take on Wilkerson from 2015-2017?

34 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You want to sign Dez Bryant....

I never said I didn't want to sign Wilkerson.

And dez Bryant is better than Grant . I don't see why we shouldn't sign him. 

Just cause he's a cowboys and isn't elite doesn't mean we should say no. Unless we are drafting a wideout , we really have no choice .

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Has to be for the right price, just like any of the veterans. We shouldn’t overpay for a veteran who didn’t play as well as our 3 young 3-4 DEs last year - Allen, Ioannidis and Lanier.

I don't mind but I rather see Loannidis . From what two jets fans have told me is that he's lazy and he sucked . 

Regardless to me he's an upgrade over McClain or McGee . Heck! Maybe there just hating .

Archived