Mo Wilkerson to be cut

LoganF89

11 minutes ago, Slateman said:

In the third round, sure.

Veta , isn't just a big dude he can push the pocket and move very well for his size . I'd be upset if we didn't draft him over Payne .

Veta to me can be a future pro-bowl guy . 

We don't have a third .

3 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Veta , isn't just a big dude he can push the pocket and move very well for his size . I'd be upset if we didn't draft him over Payne .

Veta to me can be a future pro-bowl guy . 

We don't have a third .

I think that was his point Dash lol

On 3/1/2018 at 11:23 AM, Doc Draper said:

No Thanks

Image result for he's a bum meme

Lol you’re gifs & memes are the best! I voted for you for the funniest poster by the way in the first annual Thai awards! Just hilarious man, don’t change and keep up the good work!

19 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Vita Vea weighed in at a "svelte" 344 pounds. 

Mmmm hmmm my boy! Mayock has gotta say he’s got a bubble butt on Sunday at the combine too right? Lol 

The thing is Payne is 320, quicker, just as strong, and can play 3 downs - unlike Vea. I still have Payne as my top NT (top 20), Vea 2nd (late 1st, early 2nd round) and Settle 3rd (2nd or early 3rd round). 

13 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

We should draft him... people forgetting we couldn't stop the run . We need bigger bodies , and we did awful on short yard situations .

No one forgets we couldn’t stop the run. In fact, everyone’s priority in Redskins nation is to develop a better running game - either by taking a RB high in the draft or OG - and to get better against the run on defense by signing or drafting a NT high and re-signing Brown or drafting an ILB high.

19 hours ago, Eric said:

McGee and McClain suck. As does Ziggy Hood. 

I’d say they’re jags and you need jags for depth and in your rotation to keep guys like Allen and Ioannidis fresh on pass rushing downs. McGee, McClain and Hood did more of the dirty work and took the beating on run downs in our base 3-4 while Ioannidis, Allen and Lanier primarily just rushed the passer in our nickel package. 

McGee had 44 tackles on the season, some pressures and batted down some passes like the one he tipped week 1 vs Philly that Kerrigan picked off and took back for a TD.

McClain had 20 tackles, 2 sacks and other pressures in 12 games because he hurt his toe towards the end of the season. 

Hood was forced to start at NT only because Phil Taylor tore his quad in the preseason. Taylor was supposed to be our starting NT. Hood’s best position in the NFL is not NT, its 3-technique or 5-technique but he hasn’t gotten to play there for us because of injuries to our starting NTs the last two years - Kedric Golston in 2016 and Taylor in 2017. If anything we should be greatful to Hood for being willing to start at NT the last two seasons even though he’s undersized at 305 pounds while guys like Baker and McGee (who are 330 and 340) didn’t want to start at NT - even if they only had to play there 30% of the game - and it may have hurt our defense.

If you’re looking for just sack stats from these three you’re going to be disappointed. They all three mostly only played 1st and 2nd downs. They don’t play much in our nickel packages - if at all - that was reserved for Allen, Ioannidis and Lanier.

I'm definitely going to look at the stats, the other teams rb stats. We need a nose, real bad. I don't care if the nose has 0 stats as long as our lb's can run free and doesn't get dominated backwards. McClain and McGhee couldn't carry ionnidis or Laniers jock strap and they're a lot cheaper, younger and homegrown  

On 3/3/2018 at 6:51 AM, turtle28 said:

Mmmm hmmm my boy! Mayock has gotta say he’s got a bubble butt on Sunday at the combine too right? Lol 

The thing is Payne is 320, quicker, just as strong, and can play 3 downs - unlike Vea. I still have Payne as my top NT (top 20), Vea 2nd (late 1st, early 2nd round) and Settle 3rd (2nd or early 3rd round). 

I disagree about Payne 

On 3/3/2018 at 9:58 AM, Eric said:

I'm definitely going to look at the stats, the other teams rb stats. We need a nose, real bad. I don't care if the nose has 0 stats as long as our lb's can run free and doesn't get dominated backwards. McClain and McGhee couldn't carry ionnidis or Laniers jock strap and they're a lot cheaper, younger and homegrown  

We need Veta and to sign Logan . 

9 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

I disagree about Payne 

While Payne isn’t Vea’s size Vea has gotten very little pressure against teams with good OL’s in college. He was very ineffective against Penn st.  I think he shows off in a weaker division. Payne is a guy who uses strength and burst off the line to disrupt the run and the pass. Just my opinion but Payne is a much better player

On 3/5/2018 at 5:50 AM, ripsean21 said:

While Payne isn’t Vea’s size Vea has gotten very little pressure against teams with good OL’s in college. He was very ineffective against Penn st.  I think he shows off in a weaker division. Payne is a guy who uses strength and burst off the line to disrupt the run and the pass. Just my opinion but Payne is a much better player

Just to play Devil's Advocate on this for a moment.... ( I am currently good/okay with either being the choice at 13 ) ... but

for your first sentence... the rebuttal would be,

"well, how much pressure against teams with good OL's in college did Payne get?"

and another question would be,

"if Payne is projected as a better weapon in the pass rush game versus Vea?  why did Vea have 12 TFL and 8.5 sacks over the last 2 years, versus Payne's 4.5 TFL and 2.5 sacks?"

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Just to play Devil's Advocate on this for a moment.... ( I am currently good/okay with either being the choice at 13 ) ... but

for your first sentence... the rebuttal would be,

"well, how much pressure against teams with good OL's in college did Payne get?"

and another question would be,

"if Payne is projected as a better weapon in the pass rush game versus Vea?  why did Vea have 12 TFL and 8.5 sacks over the last 2 years, versus Payne's 4.5 TFL and 2.5 sacks?"

I believe the level of OL talent Payne competed against every week is on par with Penn St and teams Vea has struggled against. Also Bama doesn’t just shoot a one gap, they do Two gaps depending on the scheme of their opponent. While Vea has better numbers I think Payne improves the guys around him. LBs constantly were clean to attack the ball at Bama. Vea just dominated with size and ability. When he goes against a NFL OL I believe he will struggle because he’s shown against teams with high grade interior linemen he struggles because he plays high. And as athletic as he is he is very slow off the ball.that doesn’t translate well to collapsing the pocket. All this is just my opinion from thegames and breakdowns I’ve written. Vea could’ve coached which makes him enticing because Tomsula should get it out of him. I just think Payne is a better football player

Archived