My latest mock from walkthemock.com for BAL via Default ranking

1:16 - WR D.J. Moore, Maryland 
2:20 - WR Christian Kirk, Texas A&M 
3:19 - RB Rashaad Penny, San Diego St. 
4:18 - QB Mike White, Western Kentucky 
5:17 - LB Shaquem Griffin, UCF 
6:16 - TE Ian Thomas, Indiana 
6:41 - SS Trey Marshall, Florida St. 

I'm the new Ozzie, love me and let's go win a Championship!

Was James Washington available with the 2. pick? If we were to double dip at the position like that, I would prefer it to be Ridley/Moore, Moore/Washington, Moore/Miller or Burnett

Otherwise its a really good draft for us. Especially as Griffin might be the best fit in the NFL as either a WILL or dime

17 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

My latest mock from walkthemock.com for BAL via Default ranking

This is what I got:

1:16 Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame (passed on Derwin James & Calvin Ridley)
2:20 D.J. Moore WR Maryland (Taven Bryan was among those available)
3:19 Mike Gesicki TE Penn St. (passed on Ragnow)
4:18 Marcell Ateman WR Oklahoma St. (was tempted to take Auden Tate instead)
5:17 Shaquem Griffin LB UCF (over Bo Scarborough and Luke Falk)
6:16 Ito Smith RB Southern Mississippi (I know nothing about him, picked him here based entirely on his high ranking on the CBS prospect rankings :D)  
6:41 Geron Christian OT Louisville
7:20 Dominick Sanders FS Georgia

My results, fairly similar to those of @drd23

1:16 - WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama
2:20 - OT Chukwuma Okorafor, Western Michigan 
3:19 - TE Mike Gesicki, Penn St. 
4:18 - SS Kyzir White, West Virginia 
5:17 - RB Bo Scarbrough, Alabama 
6:16 - FS Godwin Igwebuike, Northwestern 
6:41 - QB Quinton Flowers, South Florida 
7:20 - CB Christian Campbell, Penn St. 

I doubt Moore will be there in the second, but I would LOVE these results if we could somehow get them:

1:16 - OT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame 
2:20 - WR D.J. Moore, Maryland 
3:19 - WR Christian Kirk, Texas A&M 
4:18 - RB Bo Scarbrough, Alabama 
5:17 - TE Tyler Conklin, Central Michigan 
6:16 - CB Isaac Yiadom, Boston College 
6:41 - LB Jack Cichy, Wisconsin 
7:20 - QB Quinton Flowers, South Florida 

Tried my hand, and this was what I got...

1:16 | Derwin James | SS | Florida St. (passed on Ridley)
2:20 | D.J. Moore | WR | Maryland 
3:19 | Mason Cole | C | Michigan (passed on Kirk)
4:18 | Deontay Burnett | WR | USC 
5:17 | Luke Falk | QB | Washington St. 
6:16 | Ian Thomas | TE | Indiana 
6:41 | Brandon Parker | OT | NCAT 
7:20 | Ty Johnson | RB | Maryland 

Not quite sure how I feel about it. Lot of high upside guys, but outside of Moore I'm not sure who contributes immediately as a starter.

With that said, the picks before me seemed fairly unrealistic, so I have little confidence the draft could even play out like this.

19 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Tried my hand, and this was what I got...

1:16 | Derwin James | SS | Florida St. (passed on Ridley)
2:20 | D.J. Moore | WR | Maryland 
3:19 | Mason Cole | C | Michigan (passed on Kirk)
4:18 | Deontay Burnett | WR | USC 
5:17 | Luke Falk | QB | Washington St. 
6:16 | Ian Thomas | TE | Indiana 
6:41 | Brandon Parker | OT | NCAT 
7:20 | Ty Johnson | RB | Maryland 

Not quite sure how I feel about it. Lot of high upside guys, but outside of Moore I'm not sure who contributes immediately as a starter.

With that said, the picks before me seemed fairly unrealistic, so I have little confidence the draft could even play out like this.

Especially since Ty Johnson is returning to Maryland.

2 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Especially since Ty Johnson is returning to Maryland.

Lol I knew there was something funny there, but I hadn't heard anything definitive on him recently. Hopefully UMD doesn't suck as hard as they did last year. But yeah, their draft rankings are sketchy at best.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Cleveland Browns- Saquon Barkley, RB- Cleveland takes the can’t miss running back that they thought they were getting with Trent Richardson. Only Barkley is the real deal. They better hope he stays durable though.

2. (NY Giants TRADE) Buffalo Bills- Sam Darnold, QB- The Bills have made it no secret that they are looking to get a quarterback in this draft. It’s the only shot they have at making their franchise viable. The #2 slot is likely to be the only spot for hire. So they pay the ransom needed to jump this high.

3. NY Jets- Baker Mayfield- This might come as a slight shocker to draftnicks. But Mayfield is the better leader of men between himself and Rosen. He’s also going to deal better with the polarizing media of New York City IMO. Mayfield might have at some points been compared to Johnny Manziel, but that’s not all bad. One thing Manziel had the potential to do for a franchise if he wasn’t such a crappy professional, was to galvanize a city with his charisma. No player in this draft has the potential to capture the New York fans and have that Jets personality (think Rex Ryan) than Baker Mayfield.

4. Cleveland Browns- Josh Allen, QB- Probably another shocker. Cue the over exaggeration that Josh Rosen might fall. But looking at the fit, pretty boy Rosen from Sunny California and an affluent family where football was his second choice going to the depths of despair in Cleveland? Not a good fit. Enough in the media question the fit enough that if I’m selecting a franchise QB, I’d rather not have that level of doubt. Especially if my franchise is that of the Browns. Josh Allen brings elite level football throwing tools. With a back like Barkley to lean on and some veteran quarterbacks to alleviate the pressure of immediately starting, Allen can come in and develop his skill set. He comes from playing football in Wyoming, so he tough winters in Cleveland for playoff football will be something you know he can handle.

5. Denver Broncos- Josh Rosen, QB- If there is a franchise best suited for developing and handling Josh Rosen, it is the Denver Broncos with Elway manning (<- see what I did there) the operations. Denver is a pretty liberal city that would be largely accepting of beliefs shared by Rosen, he will have a strong influence in one of the GOATs at the position to guide his professional growth. And he will have a supporting cast that is in a pretty good area so he doesn’t have to worry about being the “franchise” guy that galvanizes a city, but rather a cog in a line of Super Bowl winning quarterbacks.

6. Indianapolis Colts- Bradley Chubb, DE- The Colts have been missing an elite pass rusher since he days of Dwight Freeney’s prime. Chubb I think has a lot of Dwight Freeney type of ability as a very good pass rusher/run combo player. He should be a building block pick for that Indianapolis defense.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Connor Williams, LT- The Buccaneers have their franchise quarterback and committed to giving him weapons last offseason. They have solid defensive pieces. Some might argue to give them Nelson should go here. But Williams has elite LT athleticism and profile, while being drafted under the age of 21. The left tackle is the more pivotal spot on the line, the Bucs can address the guard spots later in the draft more easily than the LT spot.

8. Chicago Bears- Quenton Nelson, OG- Similar situation to the Bucs above. The Bears could use a pass rusher to upgrade the defensive line that is barren. However, when we consider they have a young QB in tow and that the OL situation is similarly a problem, it makes the most sense to invest in upgrading the protection of their franchise signal caller. Nelson is one of the best guard prospects in some time and should give them a strong building block for the new OL coach to build with.

9. San Francisco 49ers- Derwin James, SS- The 49ers probably would take a strong look at a guy like Harold Landry and his pass rushing ability, but then decide to continue to build their secondary into a position of strength by adding James. James also provides the added bonus of being a strong leader that can be the voice of the defense when/if Rueben Foster ends up out of the NFL, if not before.

10. Oakland Raiders- Vita Vea, DT- This pick makes too much sense. Gruden wants to take the Raiders back to circa 1998, thus taking a big hoss on the line would be fitting. It also helps that the team lacks difference makers in the middle of their defense. Vea is a freak athlete that will command double team blocks in the vein of Haloti Ngata. This will allow for less double teams of Khalil Mack and will also free up linebackers to make more plays. If Gruden truly wants to bring his team back to more traditional roots, nothing says that more than an old school dominating defensive tackle like Vea.

11. Miami Dolphins- Tremaine Edmunds, ILB- The Dolphins need a playmaker within the middle of their defense and also need many things to go right for them to even be a solid team. So they will likely bank on the potential of Edmunds to take off and become an elite linebacker. I can’t say that I think it’ll happen, you can’t teach instincts; elite players seem to either have it or they don’t and they’re not elite. I expect the Dolphins to get a solid pick here, but not the elite player they are hoping to hit on.

12. NY Giants- Harold Landry, Edge- This is a perfect fit. The Giants traded their premier pass rusher because he wasn’t the ideal scheme fit, so they move down, accumulate draft resources, and still find up a freak pass rusher. Landry is probably a better fit for their 34 defense than Chubb as well. Landry’s combine numbers from an analytical standpoint puts him in largely elite company. This pick only seems logical.

13. Washington Redskins- Denzel Ward, CB- The Redskins opt for specialization over versatility. Going up against the likes of Odell Beckham Jr, Alshon Jeffery, and Dez Bryant; the Redskins decide to target the best cover corner in the draft. This is a copycat league and after so many young corners took the league by storm last season, the Redskins want to have their own.

14. Green Bay Packers- Minkah Fitzpatrick, S/CB- This selection makes too much sense for the Packers who could use help at both corner and safety. Fitzpatrick has he versatility to be plugged into multiple positions and thrive to assist the secondary in multiple ways.

15. Arizona Cardinals- Calvin Ridley, WR- Ridley would be a great compliment to Larry Fitzgerald and he would be ready to hit the ground running as a football contributor. The Cardinals look to be going the veteran quarterback route as they try and salvage what they can out of Fitzgerald’s last few seasons. Ridley is the polished receiver they would likely benefit most from. Ridley also would benefit from not having to come in and be that #1 receiver option. Ridley could give the Cardinals what John Brown gave them when healthy and probably a little more as well.

16. Baltimore Ravens- Roquan Smith, ILB- 

Smith’s fall is our gain. NFL evaluators can sometime get too caught up in size and measurables. Steve Biscioitto thought there was too many opinions in the draft room. With less voices, I think it’s clear we see the Ravens going back to the BPA formula that worked so well for a long time. 

It just also happens that Smith fits the bill as a needed pick as well. Smith would pair perfectly with our defense behind three big defensive tackles whose only goal in life is to keep CJ Mosley and now Smith clean. Smith would inject the kind of swagger to the middle of our defense that’s been lacking ever since Ray Lewis retired. Mosley can play the role of consumate professional and veteran in the middle, but Smith would fill the role of attitude. Between the two of them, they would give us our best linebacking duo since 06 when we paired Ray Lewis with Bart Scott. Smith’s also still really young, he just might grow into that legitimate defensive leader that can lead this team after Suggs inevitably hangs them up.

T.O.P. Mock-

1. Browns- Sam Darnold QB

2. Giants- Josh Rosen QB

3. Jets- Baker Mayfield QB

4.Trade(f'Cle), Bills- Josh Allen QB

5. Broncos- Saquon Barkley HB

6. Colts- Bradley Chubb DE

7. Buccaneers- Quenton Nelson G

8. Bears- Marcus Davenport OLB

9. 49ers- Denzel Ward CB

10. Raiders- Vita Vea DT

11. Dolphins- Lamar Jackson QB

12. (f'Buff), Browns- Minkah Fitzpatrick S

13. Redskins- Da'Ron Payne DT

14. Packers- Harold Landry OLB

15. Cardinals- Connor Williams OT

16. Raven's options: Derwin James LB/S, Calvin Ridley WR, DJ Moore WR, Tremaine Edmunds LB, Roquan Smith LB

Realistic scenario where all of our favorite options fall into our lap.

Got this on first-pick.com

Round 1 Pick 16:  James, Derwin, SS/FS, Florida State
Round 2 Pick 20:  Sutton, Courtland, WR, Southern Methodist
Round 3 Pick 19:  Chubb, Nick, RB, Georgia 
Round 4 Pick 20 (SEA):  Gallup, Michael, WR, Colorado State
Round 5 Pick 17:  Holton Hill, CB, Texas
Round 5 Pick 32 (SEA):  Bozeman, Bradley, C, Alabama
Round 6 Pick 17: Armani Watts, FS, Texas A&M 
Round 6 Pick 41:  Conklin, Tyler, TE, Central Michigan
Round 7 Pick 20:  Ferguson, Riley, QB, Memphis

Traded back from 4.18 for 4.20 & 5.32

I'd be pretty damn happy if this ever came true as most of those players would be steals imo.  Picked Derwin over DJ Moore at 16 too.

5 hours ago, drd23 said:

Got this on first-pick.com

Round 1 Pick 16:  James, Derwin, SS/FS, Florida State
Round 2 Pick 20:  Sutton, Courtland, WR, Southern Methodist
Round 3 Pick 19:  Chubb, Nick, RB, Georgia 
Round 4 Pick 20 (SEA):  Gallup, Michael, WR, Colorado State
Round 5 Pick 17:  Holton Hill, CB, Texas
Round 5 Pick 32 (SEA):  Bozeman, Bradley, C, Alabama
Round 6 Pick 17: Armani Watts, FS, Texas A&M 
Round 6 Pick 41:  Conklin, Tyler, TE, Central Michigan
Round 7 Pick 20:  Ferguson, Riley, QB, Memphis

Traded back from 4.18 for 4.20 & 5.32

I'd be pretty damn happy if this ever came true as most of those players would be steals imo.  Picked Derwin over DJ Moore at 16 too.

The issue I have with James is where do we play him? To me he seems to be best suited to play at LOS, so does he take over Jeffersons spot? What do we do with Jefferson then? Everything I read about him says hes not a true center fielder. 

6 hours ago, paraven said:

The issue I have with James is where do we play him? To me he seems to be best suited to play at LOS, so does he take over Jeffersons spot? What do we do with Jefferson then? Everything I read about him says hes not a true center fielder. 

Anything Derwin related can be found in there, we've covered almost every possible angle on the dude lol.

Archived