Bowser Combine Reaction Mock Draft

BowserBroncos

7 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Let's hear your analysis on why this is the case. You've provided zero context for your misguided opinion.

Small QB whose mouth is bigger than his arm, who acts like a jackass and got his stats padded against soft defenses...how's that for analysis and "misguided opinion"?

I'd be so dispointed to see the Raiders passing on Edmunds and Payne (i like Smith but not before those two). And as my second team is JAX i'd also be disapointed with Sutton as id prefer Will Hernandez or even StBrown if we talk about a WR. But nice mock overall.

17 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Let's hear your analysis on why this is the case. You've provided zero context for your misguided opinion.

(Cracks neck and knuckles) 

1 - He is short for a QB. He is small for the AFC North. Before you say Russel and Brees, how many other great 6 footish QBs have their been? And when were they drafted?  (3rd for Russel I believe and 2nd for Brees. Far from #1 and #4 overall huh?)  We get about one short QB who is good per decade. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-NFLs-best-short-quarterbacks-of-alltime/ Did a little research for you here. Now how many of them are in modern football? 

1a - Too short to see over the offensive line. His game worked in college. He was a great college QB were the defenses are slower and smaller. In the pros, everything is bigger, better, and faster. I do not want a QB that cannot see over a 6,4+ offensive lineman. It is hard to stay in the pocket and pass when you CANNOT SEE OVER THE LINEMEN. Also D-linemen are taller as well. He will get balls batted down at the LOS. Roll out you say? Those DEs and OLBs are now just as fast if not faster than the DBs are in college. 

2 - Big 12 is known for their explosive offenses... not for their defenses. Nor are they known for producing All pro, hall of fame QBs. Before you start rifling off the obvious name... Yes Troy Aikman was from the Big 12. Can you name another? Here again I did some research for you!!! http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1679840-best-nfl-qbs-the-big-12-has-produced That is it. 

3 - The Johnny Football parallels are there. Both have Moxie (Christ I hate that word when describing a QB) Both like to drink. Both act like D-bags on and off the field. Both won a Heisman for being great college QBs. One was a bust. 

4 -   Call me Nostradamus here but if Joe Thomas leaves and Baker doesn't have a top LT blocking his blind side, I don't want to give the squeelers, ratbirds and kittens anymore reason to cheer their team while laughing at ours.  

In the end give me a tall, well built QB that can stay in the pocket,  that has a cannon for an arm and can take a hit from the mauling defenses we have in the AFC north. Bonus points of they can scramble and make plays out of nothing (cough cough Darnold). You cannot teach a QB to grow 3-4 inches. Rosen, Darnold, and Allen. Don't get cute. Take one of them and call it a day. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

2 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

(Cracks neck and knuckles) 

1 - He is short for a QB. He is small for the AFC North. Before you say Russel and Brees, how many other great 6 footish QBs have their been? And when were they drafted?  (3rd for Russel I believe and 2nd for Brees. Far from #1 and #4 overall huh?)  We get about one short QB who is good per decade. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-NFLs-best-short-quarterbacks-of-alltime/ Did a little research for you here. Now how many of them are in modern football? 

1a - Too short to see over the offensive line. His game worked in college. He was a great college QB were the defenses are slower and smaller. In the pros, everything is bigger, better, and faster. I do not want a QB that cannot see over a 6,4+ offensive lineman. It is hard to stay in the pocket and pass when you CANNOT SEE OVER THE LINEMEN. Also D-linemen are taller as well. He will get balls batted down at the LOS. Roll out you say? Those DEs and OLBs are now just as fast if not faster than the DBs are in college. 

How is he mysteriously not going to see over his OL in the NFL when he did it every week at Oklahoma? Their OL is bigger than the Browns OL. He doesn't get passes batted down in college and was able to play successfully in the pocket all season long.

2 - Big 12 is known for their explosive offenses... not for their defenses. Nor are they known for producing All pro, hall of fame QBs. Before you start rifling off the obvious name... Yes Troy Aikman was from the Big 12. Can you name another? Here again I did some research for you!!! http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1679840-best-nfl-qbs-the-big-12-has-produced That is it. 

Yeah he played against some terrible defenses. But he also lit up Ohio State and Georgia. Those are great defenses with tons of NFL talent on them. He's ripped apart great defenses with ease. I don't care about the conference's past QB's. This is a weak as hell argument. It's worth noting that his stats are inflated by the terrible defense in the conference, but it's not like he struggles against powerhouse defenses. He's lit them up too.

3 - The Johnny Football parallels are there. Both have Moxie (Christ I hate that word when describing a QB) Both like to drink. Both act like D-bags on and off the field. Both won a Heisman for being great college QBs. One was a bust.

This is the argument you'll get ripped for the most. Take this into NFL Gen and throw it around and see if it sticks. It's the lazy man's comparison. Baker is much more composed on and off the field. Mayfield is a cocky dude like Manziel, but he's also not snorting cocaine in bathrooms and showing up to games drunk. Did you ever get drunk in college and do something stupid? Most of us have. He shouldn't have run away from the cops while drinking, but this isn't enough evidence to compare him to arguably the biggest off-field drughead at QB the NFL has ever seen. Mayfield is a pocket passer with elite accuracy at all levels of the field. He's got a much stronger arm than Manziel ever did and is significantly thicker and more capable to handle punishment. Manziel was a spastic QB that ran around like a chicken with his head cut off. This isn't Mayfield's game.

4 -   Call me Nostradamus here but if Joe Thomas leaves and Baker doesn't have a top LT blocking his blind side, I don't want to give the squeelers, ratbirds and kittens anymore reason to cheer their team while laughing at ours.  

Joe Thomas isn't leaving this year. And why does having a bad LT exclude us from taking Baker Mayfield? He's a better athlete than Darnold or Rosen. This makes no sense.

In the end give me a tall, well built QB that can stay in the pocket,  that has a cannon for an arm and can take a hit from the mauling defenses we have in the AFC north. Bonus points of they can scramble and make plays out of nothing (cough cough Darnold). You cannot teach a QB to grow 3-4 inches. Rosen, Darnold, and Allen. Don't get cute. Take one of them and call it a day. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

So the only real argument you have is because he's short. I'll give you that. But can you point to a game--or even a play--where his lack of ideal height hurt him or his team? I bet you can't.

13 hours ago, mlucas12002 said:

Small QB whose mouth is bigger than his arm, who acts like a jackass and got his stats padded against soft defenses...how's that for analysis and "misguided opinion"?

Misguided. Were you the fan that Mayfield flipped off and grabbed his crotch towards? Sounds like he hurt your feelings.

Sucks he padded his stats so much against crap defenses like OSU and Georgia--two of the worst defenses in CFB. He's obviously a bum that can only do well against garbage teams.

Are you implying that he doesn't have a great arm? Because Mayfield has a fantastic arm. You strike me as someone that looks at him once and automatically feel like you can fill out the rest of the scouting report without actually watching him.

Oh, and who cares if he has a big mouth? Phillip Rivers has a big mouth. 95% of the NFL trash talks. It's a competitive game. He's not drawing 15 yard penalties for hitting dudes after the whistle and screaming at teammates and referees. He's a college kid that plays the game with emotion. What a jerk.

18 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Misguided. Were you the fan that Mayfield flipped off and grabbed his crotch towards? Sounds like he hurt your feelings.

Sucks he padded his stats so much against crap defenses like OSU and Georgia--two of the worst defenses in CFB. He's obviously a bum that can only do well against garbage teams.

Are you implying that he doesn't have a great arm? Because Mayfield has a fantastic arm. You strike me as someone that looks at him once and automatically feel like you can fill out the rest of the scouting report without actually watching him.

Oh, and who cares if he has a big mouth? Phillip Rivers has a big mouth. 95% of the NFL trash talks. It's a competitive game. He's not drawing 15 yard penalties for hitting dudes after the whistle and screaming at teammates and referees. He's a college kid that plays the game with emotion. What a jerk.

Dude...you sound like you're either his girlfriend or his mom. Don't take opinions so seriously.

Personally insulting my opinions of him doesn't show any great intellect on your part. It just shows that you're incapable of seeing things from a different perspective.

By the way, I wouldn't exactly call his stats against Georgia great: 23/35, 287 yards, 2TD/1INT, 64.0 QBR. Good, but not earth-shattering. For comparison, here are S. Carolina QB Jake Bentley's stats against Georgia: 21/35, 227 years, 1TD/2INT. And, the combined stats of the Alabama QBs in the championship: 17/28, 187 years, 3TD/1INT. So, let's not pretend that Georgia is the second coming of the '85 Bears.

1 minute ago, mlucas12002 said:

Dude...you sound like you're either his girlfriend or his mom. Don't take opinions so seriously.

Personally insulting my opinions of him doesn't show any great intellect on your part. It just shows that you're incapable of seeing things from a different perspective.

By the way, I wouldn't exactly call his stats against Georgia great: 23/35, 287 yards, 2TD/1INT, 64.0 QBR. Good, but not earth-shattering. For comparison, here are S. Carolina QB Jake Bentley's stats against Georgia: 21/35, 227 years, 1TD/2INT. And, the combined stats of the Alabama QBs in the championship: 17/28, 187 years, 3TD/1INT. So, let's not pretend that Georgia is the second coming of the '85 Bears.

...mmk.

19 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

How is he mysteriously not going to see over his OL in the NFL when he did it every week at Oklahoma? Their OL is bigger than the Browns OL. He doesn't get passes batted down in college and was able to play successfully in the pocket all season long.

Yeah he played against some terrible defenses. But he also lit up Ohio State and Georgia. Those are great defenses with tons of NFL talent on them. He's ripped apart great defenses with ease. I don't care about the conference's past QB's. This is a weak as hell argument. It's worth noting that his stats are inflated by the terrible defense in the conference, but it's not like he struggles against powerhouse defenses. He's lit them up too.

This is the argument you'll get ripped for the most. Take this into NFL Gen and throw it around and see if it sticks. It's the lazy man's comparison. Baker is much more composed on and off the field. Mayfield is a cocky dude like Manziel, but he's also not snorting cocaine in bathrooms and showing up to games drunk. Did you ever get drunk in college and do something stupid? Most of us have. He shouldn't have run away from the cops while drinking, but this isn't enough evidence to compare him to arguably the biggest off-field drughead at QB the NFL has ever seen. Mayfield is a pocket passer with elite accuracy at all levels of the field. He's got a much stronger arm than Manziel ever did and is significantly thicker and more capable to handle punishment. Manziel was a spastic QB that ran around like a chicken with his head cut off. This isn't Mayfield's game.

Joe Thomas isn't leaving this year. And why does having a bad LT exclude us from taking Baker Mayfield? He's a better athlete than Darnold or Rosen. This makes no sense.

So the only real argument you have is because he's short. I'll give you that. But can you point to a game--or even a play--where his lack of ideal height hurt him or his team? I bet you can't.

I'm going to end this right here and now:  Small size, immaturity, and off the field antics are enough for me not to waste a top 5 pick on him. You cannot teach or develop an extra 3-4 inches of height. So yes, his size is about 75% of my argument against him. 25% is how he acts. I never said he wasn't a skilled QBs... in fact I've said he was a great college QB. I JUST don't like him and I don't like jerk QBs that have "MOXIE!" (I hate that term. It is reserved for jerks that are undersized.) 

So why draft a QB that is undersized and has potential leadership and off field issues. We have done that in the past, Warren, Winslow, Manziel, Gordon, etc all had questions about their characters and we COMPLETELY ignored them. How did that work out for us? 

So you are looking at 3 taller QBs that can do the exact same thing baker can do without the "MOXIE!"  (In my draft order) 

Sam Darnold - Questions about ball control and football motions. Tall, great leadership qualities, an ability to make plays out of nothing and no off field issues. If we can sit him and work out the errors in his throwing motion and ball control, he will be a great QB in the NFL. He is young and would need to sit.

Josh Rosen - Questionable decision making at times, seems snobbish to me at times  and does he actually wanting to play for the Browns. Tall, awesome pocket presence, and again no off the field issues. I would say, pick him but again I don't want to draft a player that isn't 100% on board with playing for Cleveland. 

Josh Allen - Questionable accuracy, is he another Kizer? Tall, cannon armed, can scramble, great leadership and no off the field issues. We have had strong armed QBs with accuracy issues before, Anderson??? Kizer??? 

Any of these 3 QBs would fit our team and the AFC North better than Baker. So what does Baker do that is better than Darnold, Allen, or Rosen that would make me ignore his size and attitude problem? Balls in your court dude. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

46 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Any of these 3 QBs would fit our team and the AFC North better than Baker. So what does Baker do that is better than Darnold, Allen, or Rosen that would make me ignore his size and attitude problem? Balls in your court dude. 

Baker's passes have more zip on them than any of the QB's except Josh Allen.

Baker is better at manipulating the pocket and throwing on the run than any of the other three QB's.

Baker is more accurate than all of the other QB's.

How has his attitude problem prevented his team from winning games? Answer: It hasn't.  Is he a little obnoxious? Sure, but unless you're a priest or a librarian, why do you care how he handles himself if it's not affecting his performance? I love the passion he shows on the field and sidelines. His coaches and teammates love it too. Running from the cops was stupid for sure. But his on-field antics aren't anything to be worried about unless you're getting ready to take the Browns to a nursing home to sing songs to the elderly. I'm worried about the Browns performing on the field and winning games.

I don't think he's better than Darnold or Rosen. He's my 3rd rated QB. But to act like he's terrible and has no shot to be a franchise QB is nonsense.

On 3/5/2018 at 12:02 PM, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

Meh.  OT is our biggest need, but I'm not sure any of these guys are worth 12.

James, Edmunds or Vea of the guys available.

Passing on Edmunds in this scenario to overdraft a tackle seems very short sided and something Marv and co will actually do. Give me O’neill In the second and Ragnow in the third.

Archived