The Coaches Want Rosen at 1?, & Other Serious Browns Draft Rumblings

Mind Character

Just now, pnies20 said:

I made the mistake of making a bet with my wife that if the Browns win less than 3 games than I will get rid of Sunday ticket :(>:(

I bet my wife $100 they’d win a game next year and my 7 year old $10 they’d win 2.

I’ll be collecting my damned money or i’ll give up the Sunday Ticket voluntarily.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I bet my wife $100 they’d win a game next year and my 7 year old $10 they’d win 2.

I’ll be collecting my damned money or i’ll give up the Sunday Ticket voluntarily.

Can I get in on that action?

• 5 weeks later...
1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I'm not going to sleep tonight. I NEED draft day to just get here. Like, now.

Well, that's (i.e., draft day just getting here) not going to happen so you need to come up with another plan if you want to sleep.

How about this: Don't read a single article, post, tweet or whatever about the Browns for 14 days and pop your head up then to see what's gone/is going on?

That's what I'm thinking.

9 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Well, that's (i.e., draft day just getting here) not going to happen so you need to come up with another plan if you want to sleep.

How about this: Don't read a single article, post, tweet or whatever about the Browns for 14 days and pop your head up then to see what's gone/is going on?

That's what I'm thinking.

Nu uh. I'd rather pull 14 and a half consecutive all nighters...the half being my excitement/misery following round 1. I need to talk draft dude. It's the reason I joined this forum back in '07, it's the reason I came back, and it sure is hell is why I worked my *** off to get the gig at ESPN Cle

On 4/11/2018 at 9:34 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Is there any update to this report @Mind Character

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Wondering the same... it's the reason I joined this forum.

@AkronsWitness @Tour2ma ... I update the info well over 2 weeks ago in a few different post... See some of the posts below (there were others but these are the only one's I could find quickly):

On 3/30/2018 at 5:02 PM, Mind Character said:

@ fgk

Good news for you, but sh*** news for me.... Just got off the phone with my brother-in-law about an hour ago... he said the Giants are rebuffing even the Broncos current unbelievable trade offer because their personnel group is operating under belief that the Browns are taking Baker Mayfield at 1.

They will stay at number 2, Select Sam Darnold in a scenario that at the start of the draft season was only thought to be an unattainable fantasy.

I for the life of me don't understand how one can see past Darnold's rarest of the rare anticipation throwing ability and poise/accuracy under pressure in favor of Baker's really good Quarterbacking skill set.

I da** near threw up after I hung up.... hope you're happy man...

The coaches desire for Josh Rosen has apparently cooled due to the neurology review and medical assessment during his private workout and private medical review  showing he may have some longterm risk having sustained 4 concussions in 3.5 years (2 in high school; 2 in college).

After the interviews and private workouts, Baker Mayfield has won the QB derby..... F-my fan life....

Giants personnel group actually thinks the Browns will go 1. Baker Mayfield and 4. Denzel Ward.

At this point, my b.i.l. thinks the top 7 will go: 1. Browns: Baker Mayfield, 2. Giants: Sam Darnold, 3. Jets: Josh Rosen, 4. Browns: Denzel Ward, 5. Broncos: Quenton Nelson or Trade down with Buffalo who comes up to get Josh Allen, 6. Colts: Bradley Chubb, 7. Buccaneers: Saquon Barkley

I can't see how we'd pass on Chubb for Denzel Ward as it makes no flipping football sense to me.

Winter has truly come.........  I will begin my mourning of King Sam Darnold for these days leading up to the draft.... Those that want to join me....let us adorn Black garb until draft day....

I hate John Dorsey, Jimmy Haslam, and Hue Jackson... all they had to do was take Sam Darnold to make believe twonce more...

I can only hope Baker goes on a public drinking bender forcing our hand...

If there are any Browns fans out there in Oklahoma...we need you now more than ever... buy Baker as many shots as you can, get wild, and film it on your phone...

You're our only hope....

On 4/11/2018 at 5:33 PM, Mind Character said:

Now, let's talk about some other real reasons... what was John Dorsey doing while he was fired? Well, again around the league most people think Dorsey made Oklahoma his second home and according to athletic managerial staff at Oklahoma, John Dorsey met with Baker 1-on-1 each time, and also stayed at a OU boosters unoccupied house instead of a hotel after the first few visits. Dorsey said he's seen him 6 times, but what Peter King didn't report was that those 6 times were actually every home game of Baker Mayfield's final season. So, every home game Dorsey watched Baker in person. Dorsey has admitted he didn't see any of Darnold's games in person (except for the bowl game)... this year, but watched from afar via film.

On 4/11/2018 at 5:33 PM, Mind Character said:

Here's what hasn't been reported yet but I've heard from family that's been in the professional football business.

1. The Oklahoma staff firmly believes that Baker is John Dorsey's guy... and that he's been so all along specifically because Dorsey called the coaches and private manager of Mayfield and told him to keep his head down and stay out of trouble more than once.

2. Supposedly, The O-Coaches & Eliot Wolf (Haley, Zampese, and Hue) wanted Rosen but now it's Darnold after private meetings and neurological assessments of Rosen... meanwhile the key Personnel group (Dorsey, Highsmith, McCloughan) all are full on Team Mayfield...

It's a battle between Darnold for the coaches and Mayfield for the Leading FO execs... and it looks like Mayfield is the leader by a landslide....unfortunately

26 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

It's a battle between Darnold for the coaches and Mayfield for the Leading FO execs... and it looks like Mayfield is the leader by a landslide....unfortunately

Thanks... appreciate the effort.

Sadly there may be something to my fear of Rosen having a physiological predilection to concuss. I want to believe that it could be false, but with the #1 overall there's no reason to be putting this out there... true or not.

FWIW... Mayfield was my (distant) #2. I keep trying to warm to Darnold by thinking "if he can post numbers as good as he has given everything that is mechanically wrong, then..." But I just can't get there.

Plus Ward's my pick at #4... so at least I have that to console me. You can't platoon your way to a shutdown corner and I think Ward has that level in him.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Thanks... appreciate the effort.

Sadly there may be something to my fear of Rosen having a physiological predilection to concuss. I want to believe that it could be false, but with the #1 overall there's no reason to be putting this out there... true or not.

FWIW... Mayfield was my (distant) #2. I keep trying to warm to Darnold by thinking "if he can post numbers as good as he has given everything that is mechanically wrong, then..." But I just can't get there.

Plus Ward's my pick at #4... so at least I have that to console me. You can't platoon your way to a shutdown corner and I think Ward has that level in him.

Vegas has Darnold as the favorite to go #1...by a lot (-250).

Mayfield is a way-distant 5th (+2000).

I am blocking out all the nonsense and idiocy I am hearing/reading and putting my faith in Vegas.

Hering the story a former member of the Packers FO said about Rodgers.

The year they took Rodgers, none of the coaches wanted Rodgers. They all wanted a player who would be able to contribute right away. FO went with the best player on the board.

seems like Dorsey has used that same mindset at KC and will hopefully do it here.

so it doesn’t matter what the coaches want but more so what the FO thinks is best for the franchise 

59 minutes ago, buno67 said:

so it doesn’t matter what the coaches want but more so what the FO thinks is best for the franchise 

That does not follow.

Especially in our situation where it is the HC with most motivation to get someone who starts sooner than later to keep his job.

My biggest concern is the reverse; namely, that Dorsey is the one motivated by wanting someone who starts sooner than later -- given all the "win now" isht he spouts .-- and not thinking in terms of what is best for the franchise.

I find it just a little ironic, too, that in our situation Darnold compares much better to Rogers than Mayfield.

Im totally fine with this being true. I'm 100% OK with Mayfield, Darnold or Rosen at 1. I have my preference of order but I think all 3 will be damned good. Just no Allen. 

Also love Chubb at 4. Any combo of those 3 QB's and Chubb is a grandslam in my book. 

Archived