The Coaches Want Rosen at 1?, & Other Serious Browns Draft Rumblings

Mind Character

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

That does not follow.

Especially in our situation where it is the HC with most motivation to get someone who starts sooner than later to keep his job.

My biggest concern is the reverse; namely, that Dorsey is the one motivated by wanting someone who starts sooner than later -- given all the "win now" isht he spouts .-- and not thinking in terms of what is best for the franchise.

I find it just a little ironic, too, that in our situation Darnold compares much better to Rogers than Mayfield.

I think that if Hue doesn't manage to win a few games, or at least play extremely competitive with Tyrod, he's as good as gone anyways. 

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

I think that if Hue doesn't manage to win a few games, or at least play extremely competitive with Tyrod, he's as good as gone anyways. 

He should be gone anyway, but if he can't get > 6 with Tyrod he most certainly is gone.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

He should be gone anyway, but if he can't get > 6 with Tyrod he most certainly is gone.

The media spin will be a joke if we start losing with this team. 

John Dorset has Gipsy hands.

Tyrod should change to wr. 

We need my guys 3rd year running. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

The media spin will be a joke if we start losing with this team. 

John Dorset has Gipsy hands.

Tyrod should change to wr. 

We need my guys 3rd year running. 

So far at least, I think that Dorsey has taken the "we don't have the right players" card out of Hueball's and the wimp Williams' hands.

Spotlight on Hueball and Wimp.

12 hours ago, bruceb said:

That does not follow.

Especially in our situation where it is the HC with most motivation to get someone who starts sooner than later to keep his job.

My biggest concern is the reverse; namely, that Dorsey is the one motivated by wanting someone who starts sooner than later -- given all the "win now" isht he spouts .-- and not thinking in terms of what is best for the franchise.

I find it just a little ironic, too, that in our situation Darnold compares much better to Rogers than Mayfield.

That does not follow because they don’t need someone to start sooner than later because they have Tyrod. 

Moral of the story is just about Dorsey might have The mindset to do what he thinks is best for the franchise and not what the coaches want

On 4/14/2018 at 3:58 PM, bruceb said:

Vegas has Darnold as the favorite to go #1...by a lot (-250).

Mayfield is a way-distant 5th (+2000).

I am blocking out all the nonsense and idiocy I am hearing/reading and putting my faith in Vegas.

"Never tell me the odds." - Han Solo

22 hours ago, buno67 said:

Hering the story a former member of the Packers FO said about Rodgers.

The year they took Rodgers, none of the coaches wanted Rodgers. They all wanted a player who would be able to contribute right away. FO went with the best player on the board.

seems like Dorsey has used that same mindset at KC and will hopefully do it here.

so it doesn’t matter what the coaches want but more so what the FO thinks is best for the franchise 

Bigger key is you don't want the influence coming from the group who is more fearful for their jobs, e.g., Holmgren & Co. with Weeden. Job pressure leads to desperate which results in stupid. That said... ideally you want everyone on the same page. And getting there was an issue for Dorsey in KC. No one knew that he was going to do what he did last draft when it came to trading up for Mahomes.

Agree with your follow up reply that the TT acquisition has lessened panic around the QB position.

12 hours ago, buno67 said:

Moral of the story is just about Dorsey might have The mindset to do what he thinks is best for the franchise and not what the coaches want

That only would be a good thing if he is right.

12 hours ago, buno67 said:

I agree, but Haslam has to have a big say in the decision as well. We have no reason to believe Jimmy doesn't think Hue can be the answer. If Hue and the rest of the coaches are dead set on Darnold, who is already considered by so many the consensus number one, there's a chance that Haslam could step in and veto the selection of Baker in favor of Darnold. 

18 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I agree, but Haslam has to have a big say in the decision as well. We have no reason to believe Jimmy doesn't think Hue can be the answer. If Hue and the rest of the coaches are dead set on Darnold, who is already considered by so many the consensus number one, there's a chance that Haslam could step in and veto the selection of Baker in favor of Darnold. 

This, unfortunately, is our best hope if what's being reported about a schism between the coaches and the FO is accurate.

Personally, I think it will be Dee's decision. O.o

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

And who said a woman running an NFL franchise was a bad thing??

Not moi.

Hell I wish she would have jumped in and stopped the Manziel pick.

I can just hear her now: "Jimmy, you hayseed idiot. You made them do this once before. Don't let them do it all on their own. Just say no to Mayfield!"

25 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

I'd rather go with John Dorsey's opinion. He's actually got experience of building a competitive team. Surely this is what we hired him for.

I would, too, unless the name or memories of Farve set off feelings in him like those evoked from the townspeople of Rockridge at the mention of the name "Randolph Scott".

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

This, unfortunately, is our best hope if what's being reported about a schism between the coaches and the FO is accurate.

Personally, I think it will be Dee's decision. O.o

Please forgive me but where is it being reported that there is a schism between the coaches and FO  other than a guy here in footballs future and reddit*?  No offense @Mind Character I love you as a poster and definitely appreciate your views on prospects. I feel you and I are toe to toe on qbs but I just don’t believe “inside info” until I see it. 

* yeah I see you spreading your gospel far and wide thru the internet’s.  By the way as I’ve cautioned many before you, I’d be extremely cautious as to giving up inside info from people you trust. I’ve actually had people that gave me inside info that I’ve burned and I’ve paid the price for my unfaithfulness. Hint hint ?

8 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Please forgive me but where is it being reported that there is a schism between the coaches and FO  other than a guy here in footballs future and reddit*?  No offense @Mind Character I love you as a poster and definitely appreciate your views on prospects. I feel you and I are toe to toe on qbs but I just don’t believe “inside info” until I see it. 

* yeah I see you spreading your gospel far and wide thru the internet’s.  By the way as I’ve cautioned many before you, I’d be extremely cautious as to giving up inside info from people you trust. I’ve actually had people that gave me inside info that I’ve burned and I’ve paid the price for my unfaithfulness. Hint hint ?

LOL.. the internet far and wide... as in on this singular football forum... I haven't even posted this outside of the Browns specific forum into the other FF forums...

Believe what you want... no one knows where things are at the moment except for John Dorsey, The Haslams, and maybe Hue....

I desperately hope things have been aligned to the Darnold consensus...

I have nothing to gain by coming on here and posting some bullsh** , and I absolutely would put no validity if I read a poster like me post... especially when I know people get told stuff all the time that isn't all that accurate,,, I hate everything about that type of rumor garbage...

Funny thing is the only stuff I post is for the draft, even when I hear other stuff, and i always have put out the caveat that this what my family's spycraft/intel gathering dept thinks...or has heard... not necessarily the gospel truth....

One thing that no one can refute is that on the Old Forum:

1. I posted "the Bears will look to trade up for Trubisky with either the Browns at 1 or San Fran at 2.".... THAT CAME TRUE

2. I also posted that "Sashi Brown was seen twice via my b.o.i.'s team spycraft department, 1st with Rick Smith of the Texans, and 2nd with Ryan Pace of the Bears at a private membership only room at a Wine & Cigar lounge in Indy" and... "Dont be surprised if we trade one of our picks to the Bears or Texans." That post received only like 4 responses and came true regarding the draft..... TRUE AGAIN

3. I posted that the Browns are trying to trade up for Leonard Fournette.... DIDNT COME TRUE... Fournette went 4...(we'll never know if this was subterfuge or their real intentions)

How did I predict such things based on info passed along to me? Magic?? LOL...

Archived