Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

On 4/27/2022 at 6:49 AM, Xenos said:

Ranking of Kings has been pretty amazing so far. The way it subverts tropes is one great aspect, but how it makes you feel for characters after just two episodes is incredible.

Keep watching. It's really an all time great and instant modern classic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

It's gotten so preachy and hammering messages. I just feel like the action is long gone. I've also lost some of the story. 

There is some pretty awesome action in S4, especially the first half.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

There is some pretty awesome action in S4, especially the first half.

I'll get there. I guess... I dunno, man. I really, really loved S1 and where it was going, and I think I just expected it to go one way and it really went another for me. But like a lot of things it's the unknown that's the most exciting rather than the actual payoff. 

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'll get there. I guess... I dunno, man. I really, really loved S1 and where it was going, and I think I just expected it to go one way and it really went another for me. But like a lot of things it's the unknown that's the most exciting rather than the actual payoff. 

I'm with you, and I love season 1, but after rewatching from the start it's real clear this was the direction it was always going. They still manage to swerve the hell of you with some awesome stuff in S4 too. How far are you into it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm with you, and I love season 1, but after rewatching from the start it's real clear this was the direction it was always going. They still manage to swerve the hell of you with some awesome stuff in S4 too. How far are you into it?

I think 4 episodes. Jager is asking the kid (Falco I think) to mail letters for him. Ending was Kruger meeting up. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think 4 episodes. Jager is asking the kid (Falco I think) to mail letters for him. Ending was Kruger meeting up. 

Yeah, keep going. I wasn't big on the first few episodes either. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It’s all good set up even if it comes off as a slower burn because you’re introduced to completely new characters. But yeah, they did a great job of expanding the world and making things a lot more grey. It’s a much deeper show than S1.

• Like 2