Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

4 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm not looking at recent posts for fear of AoT spoilers (dub watcher here) but wanted to jump in and say that Jobless Reincarnation is REALLY good. Despite being incredibly pervy, it's remarkably well written, and you never have any clue where things are going which makes every episode interesting. The emotional stuff in that show is absolutely elite.

Probably the best anime of 2021. Really amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally watched Demonslayer the movie. It started out slow, got good, and then

Spoiler

Holy crap that last 30 minutes! I felt like Rengoku was going to die but I thought he would at least take out the upper level 3 demon.

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

Finally watched Demonslayer the movie. It started out slow, got good, and then

Hide contents

Holy crap that last 30 minutes! I felt like Rengoku was going to die but I thought he would at least take out the upper level 3 demon.

That movie was amazing, and the final 30 minutes legendary. The music throughout the whole film is amazing. 

Think it’s the highest grossing movie in Japan ever, not just anime. 

3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

AoT is insane. Episodes 4-19 and 4-20 are an absolute joy.

I'm waiting for the final five to come out all at the same time to watch those together. Got tired of doing weekly. I think I watched 4-17 through 23. First six were great, 23 was a very meh, almost fillerish episode that made me make the decision to wait for all of them. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Jujutsu Kaisen 0 I’ll give a 7/10. Average anime movie… no where close to the Demon Slayer movie. Clearly a cash grab, imo. They saw how much Demon Slayer movie made and tried to do the same. 

Spoiler

Most of the characters were extremely underwhelming outside of Goju, Panda, and Toge. Main villain was pretty lame and the overall storyline was pretty bland. 

My biggest gripe though is the fight scenes. They did them sooooo half-assed which is why I think this was a cash grab. They would basically show half the fight, and not show the ending of the fight. All the fights were a rushed mess. Fights are the best things in anime movies due to the budget allowing great animation, and these fights were subpar. 

Wasn’t a bad movie though, I was entertained, but never on the edge of my seat. And was not vastly into any of the characters during the movie. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any recommendations for a new anime? Been trying to get into Steins Gate but not sure it’s my cup of tea. Here are anime’s I have liked over the years:

Anime’s I love:

Dragon Ball Z

Attack on Titan

Demon Slayer 

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Jujutsu Kaisen

Death Note

Anime’s I really really like: 

Black Clover

My Hero Academia

Cowboy Bebop

Trigun

Erased

Dragon Ball Super

So you can kind of see my taste. Obviously I like “shonen” but I prefer a more adult/mature shonen like Demon Slayer, Jujutsu Kaisen, Attack on Titan, and Uncut Dragon Ball Z.

I heard Bleach might be up my alley but not sure I want to invest my time into that many episodes. 

I also love psychological thrillers like Death Note. 

59 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Any recommendations for a new anime? Been trying to get into Steins Gate but not sure it’s my cup of tea. Here are anime’s I have liked over the years:

Anime’s I love:

Dragon Ball Z

Attack on Titan

Demon Slayer 

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Jujutsu Kaisen

Death Note

Anime’s I really really like: 

Black Clover

My Hero Academia

Cowboy Bebop

Trigun

Erased

Dragon Ball Super

So you can kind of see my taste. Obviously I like “shonen” but I prefer a more adult/mature shonen like Demon Slayer, Jujutsu Kaisen, Attack on Titan, and Uncut Dragon Ball Z.

I heard Bleach might be up my alley but not sure I want to invest my time into that many episodes. 

I also love psychological thrillers like Death Note. 

How deep are you in Steins Gate? It's not really action packed like the other stuff on your list but its a really really good show. The first 8 or 9 episode are a bit of a drag to watch though but I'd stick with it because it really picks up. If you like Erased I'd be very surprised if you don't love S;G

Some all time greats you might like:

Hunter x Hunter (best shounen of all time and its not even close)

Fate/Zero (Fate/unlimited Blade Works and Heavens Feel by extension)

Gurren Lagann

One Punch man

Berserk (read it)

Perfect Blue (If you really want a dark dark psychological thriller)

Kill La Kill (ecchi warning)

Ninja Scrolls

Neon Genesis Evangelion (I don't know where to start with this but probably the best anime ever made. Definitely not everyone's cup of tea)

Some other really good shows:

Mob Psycho (Season 2 is an all time great. Season one is just good)

MegaloBox (Same as above, season two is ******* amazing)

Odd Taxi (psychological thriller...?)

Samurai Champloo (Lo-fi samurai version of Bebop)

Black Lagoon (Micheal Bay movie in anime form, but it's actually good af)

Darker Than Black (Chinese Electric Batman)

Some Random other shows that are fantastic although idk how it'll fit your taste:

Ranking of Kings (probably one of the best shows to come out in the past 5 years)

Jobless Reincarnation (see Ranking of Kings)

Space Dandy (a comedy version of Bebop)

Made in Abyss

The Great Pretender (If you like Heist/crime movies)

Edited by Geek
  • Like 1